Author Topic: EVE Mining Corp  (Read 18978 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
EVE Mining Corp
« on: November 27, 2008, 11:08:17 AM »
Ok, in the general EVE topic this has come up, but thought I'd make a clean topic about it, so ppl willing to join this venture have all the info in one thread, without (too much) other mess in between.

First of all: Who would like to join this venture?

I will gather some info about it and put it in another post below.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
Re: EVE Mining Corp
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 11:22:32 AM »
Starting a Corp
http://www.eve-wiki.net/index.php?title=Starting_A_Corporation

Corporations in general
Corporation Roles

Roles are used in EVE to delegate access to various Corporation functionalities. There are two main types of Roles available: Normal and Grantable. A Normal role such as Accountant gives a member the right to perform various accounting related actions for the Corporation. However, if a member is given the Grantable Role of Accountant, he or she also has the ability to give and take the Role of Accountant from other members of the Corporation. Grantable Roles are assigned by the CEO and should be given only to those who have proven themselves trustworthy.

These are the general Roles currently available:
ACCOUNTANT

Accountants can monitor and manage the financial affairs of the Corporation. They can view Corporation bills in the Neocom Bills Panel. From there, they can pay the Corporation's bills (with Corporation money, of course) and see who owes money to the Corporation. Accountants can also purchase and sell items for the Corporation. Items can be sold from the Corporation hangar. Items bought are placed in the Deliveries window at the station where they are purchased, and only an Accountant can remove these items.
AUDITOR

The Auditor Role allows the holder to check the Role history of members of the Corporation.
CONFIG EQUIPMENT

This Role allows the holder to anchor, unanchor, rename, and configure various types of objects in space.
CONFIG STARBASE EQUIPMENT

This Role allows the holder to perform Starbase configuration.
DIRECTOR

A director is, for the most intents and purposes, the same as a CEO. Directors can hire and fire members and change job descriptions (assigning and un-assigning roles, grantable roles, bases and titles). Directors are the next best thing to CEOs, allowing a corporation to function with members based in different time zones around the world. It is probably wise for a large Corporation to have exclusive and trusted members with this role spanning over varied time zones, allowing the Corporation to be constantly manageable. This should allow Corporations with international memberships to be effective in terms of management, and able to respond to situations effectively as they occur. It is very important to remember that the role of Director gives the holder all implied roles and grantable roles. To put this simply, if you make someone a Director, you have effectively given him or her every role and grantable role (except Director), and that person will have full access to all Corporation resources and assets at all locations.
FACTORY MANAGER

The role of Factory Manager allows the holder to create jobs in the factory and research slots that have been rented by the Corporation. Holders of such jobs use blueprints and materials from the Corporation hangar. They can also cancel jobs for the Corporation as well. Factory Managers can also eject blueprints from Corporation-owned factories and research slots. Additionally, they can see what is going on in any corporate factory and research slot.
JUNIOR ACCOUNTANT

The Junior Accountant is a lesser version of the Accountant role. It essentially allows the holder to view the data that an Accountant views. However, it does not allow the holder to perform the actions that an Accountant can.
PERSONNEL MANAGER

A Personnel Manager can process applications and sign up new members.
RENT FACTORY

This role allows the holder to rent factory slots for the Corporation.
RENT OFFICE

The role of Rent Office allows the holder to rent offices for the Corporation.
RENT RESEARCH FACILITY

This role allows the holder to rent research facilities for the Corporation.
SECURITY OFFICER

The role of Security Officer allows the holder to view the contents of the deliveries window in station. This is the window where items bought by the Corporation at a station are placed. If the Corporation has a corporate hangar at a station, the role of Security Officer grants access to the contents of the corporation hangars. This access also facilitates the placing of items into the members' hangars.
STATION MANAGER

As the name implies, Station Managers can perform station management tasks for Corporation-owned facilities. These tasks are varied and include adjusting the standing-based modifiers for allowing docking and the charges for it, as well as permission to access factories, the reprocessing plant, and the repair shop. The Station Manager also determines how modifiers should be applied for costs based upon standings for these tasks. In addition, he or she is also able to set up station defenses.
http://www.eve-online.com/guide/en/g63.asp

Hauling
Corporate Hauling

A true corporation acquires a lot of stuff over the course of time, and sometimes that stuff needs to be moved. The basic concepts remain the same, but the contract details depend on the corporation. Are you expected to haul for free--because that's what you do--or do you get paid? Are you paid by the load, by the hour, or by some other scale that your corporation has come up with? Are you hauling by yourself, or with a team of haulers?

Just as it does in the real world, involving a corporation in a task can simplify it or over-complicate it, all depending on which side of the operation you're on. The hauling remains the same; you move stuff from one place to another, as directed by your corporation's management. Working on the management end of things, however, can be a logistics nightmare. Keeping a team of Haulers efficient and on task is difficult--especially when each is controlled by a sentient being wanting to do things its own way on its own time.
http://www.eve-wiki.net/index.php?title=Hauling_Guide

Mining
Found this 60-ish page mining guide, going to print and read it today, maybe it renders this whole post unneccesary...
http://www.lsjv-eve.com/completeminersguide_v2.2.pdf
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 12:27:56 PM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 11:36:28 AM »
In the meanwhile, some other usefull guides having to do with corps/mining

Exploration guide: http://dl.eve-files.com/media/0705/Exploration_2.01.pdf
Probing guide: http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=431586

Manufacturing guide: http://www.eve-online.com/guide/en/g67.asp

Ore overview: http://www.evegeek.com/ore_info.php

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 04:47:05 PM »
I am willing to open up Ma'adim Logistics and its hangars full of random shit to anyone from HoJ who wants a home for however long in EVE, giving roles is easy enough for my main or my CEO alt, Angaraka to do :)

Has a office in Hisec Caldari space, and shall shortly be opening some office/hangar locations in both Amarr Hisec & Lowsec space. Doesnt have standings for a POS anymore - I did far too much shit on a Gallente toon and that killed my corp standings over time with Caldari - down to 2ish now, rather than 7+... with this corp, so wannabe researchers/inventors will have to look at other means - or I do some work to fix those standings and setup a hisec POS :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 04:55:32 PM »
I am willing to take part, as long as I don't have to do anything others are relying me to do  :P

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 05:29:17 PM »
I'd be interested - mining, ratting, manufacturing, exploration, etc

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 05:32:02 PM »
I havent been wardecced for ages either, so should be ok for any of you to join if you want. Obviously we do get decced in the future, we have a choice fight or people leave to an NPC corp. Personaly I'd fight as thats 90% of the game for me :D

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2008, 05:33:00 PM »
I'm in :)
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2008, 05:45:12 PM »
Fight!  For the Right!

To...

........Salvage!

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2008, 06:33:59 PM »
i pity the foo !!
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2008, 07:46:38 PM »
If anyone does fancy using Ma'adim Logistics as your home, then you need to go to:

Anttiri V - Moon 14 - Spacelane Patrol Assembly Plant

And lodge an application - one word in the app box will suffice - at my HQ/Office there. Offices can be found under the offices tab on the right of the screen when in station.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2008, 11:59:07 PM »
I am willing to take part, as long as I don't have to do anything others are relying me to do   :P
well. that's the 2nd question, who would like what role.
my opinion (and what some EVE-veterans (vac at least) back up) is that everyone should get a role that they like. if we want to make some venture work and be worthwile, #1 prerequiste is ppl having fun at what they do.

Some decisions need to be made. Will we just mine and haul? Will we process the ore as well? Will we even extend the economics to production?
What we will need is miner(s), hauler(s), and/or seller at least. In the extended version we will need refiners, scientists and/or manufacturers.

Also, the newbs will need to decide on this guy:
I am willing to open up Ma'adim Logistics and its hangars full of random shit to anyone from HoJ who wants a home for however long in EVE, giving roles is easy enough for my main or my CEO alt, Angaraka to do Smiley

Has a office in Hisec Caldari space, and shall shortly be opening some office/hangar locations in both Amarr Hisec & Lowsec space. Doesnt have standings for a POS anymore - I did far too much shit on a Gallente toon and that killed my corp standings over time with Caldari - down to 2ish now, rather than 7+... with this corp, so wannabe researchers/inventors will have to look at other means - or I do some work to fix those standings and setup a hisec POS Smiley
He seems friendly, but do we trust him?
Do we need him?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 12:24:44 AM by Warcold »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2008, 06:23:59 AM »
He has my vo...   er wait ;)

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2008, 08:58:20 AM »
I don't think it's important whether we can trust him. The important thing is that the fool seems to trust us! Hahahahaha!

I'll volunteer for the job of miner. Constantine was kind enough to donate an osprey (that I can't fly yet, but I'm training towards it!)
Unfortunately I also need some more skills to operate my new Kestrel mission ship to full effect, so I'm kind of fighting on two fronts atm. It could take a while before I'm ready!
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2008, 10:44:03 AM »
Just fantasizing about who could do what to have all occupations filled. If you rather do things other than mentioned below, please say so. I just thought I'd sketch a frame to work from.

Mebbe we should first decide if we set up new corp or join Ma'adim Logistics

I am willing to take part, as long as I don't have to do anything others are relying me to do
Jarkko, mebbe speccing for trade would be something for you? Dunno what you would like best, but selling stuff is the end of the line, so dont think we'll be too reliant on you then. Except mebbe for bying stuff...

Rubi manufacturing (and/or mining) and Sven mining?

My first priority would be to shoot baddies, but if we are a hauler short, I could spec for that too.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 10:45:37 AM by Warcold »