Author Topic: Failheap Challenge Ganknights  (Read 51236 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Scrapheap Challenge Ganknights
« Reply #105 on: June 06, 2010, 09:36:42 PM »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #106 on: June 07, 2010, 11:18:28 AM »
Epic ganknight was epic.

The meet started HOURS early - and involved a mad conga line in Autaris.  Over the hours more and more folks hsowed, TS was bouncing - mainly criticising the AT8 commentators.  Left eventually, grabbed the flashy folk from Jan and moved off into Tribute.

Where things went DOWN!

We came across a Cry Havoc gang filled with T3 ships, so we shot at them. Laggy was fuck was that fight but we killed LOADS of them for a handful of losses on our side.  They left the field and we heard of a Morsus Mihi Ragnarok Titan 1 jump back alone - yes its bait, but TITAN! So we headed back to shoot it, while calling up Pl/Habit/CH - anyone we knew good at hotdropping to come and kill it with us.  That didnt pan out - turns out CH were pretty butthurt...

So we shoot the titan for a while - 70 or so drakes do alot of damage - then the NC support starts to show up (Chee the titan pilot didnt ask for help he was doing this for lulz, but the rest of the NC got worried like little sheep), 200-300 support craft and 3 MORE titans.  Titans start popping our logistics, while everything is again lagged (new pcu of over 60000 didnt help) and things go to shit, lots of us die, rest get lagged out and eventually we group back up in Taisy/Jan to count our dead...

That wasnt the end, that was just the end of the 1st HOUR!

Round 2 started and off we went to Fountain - didnt see much, then we roamed Delve, again quiet. Ended up in Period Basis attacking a Golem with some of its blues who were on ganknight and a handful of our composition. We were trying to bait eastern europeans into dropping caps on us as they like to use them to rat/10-10's etc, however after an hour of this we gave up and raeped the Golem - 3billion isk fittings :D  1.5b of which dropped. 

All in all best ganknight ive had for ages - oh and my draek survived :D

Offline Ferrosol

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 07, 2010, 12:56:26 PM »
My first gank night and it was hilariously fun even if I did become a victim of friendly fire :)
Eve Online: Sybil Tanitha
Eve Online Jennifer Ammant

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
Terry Pratchett, Jingo

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #108 on: June 07, 2010, 01:07:30 PM »

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 07, 2010, 01:11:42 PM »
Oh look 3.2billion isk kill:

http://handsofjustice.co.uk/maadimredux/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=911

haha by that fit looks like you killed someones ratting ship ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 07, 2010, 01:12:10 PM »
tsktsk, that much expensive goodies on it, but still fitting a t1 salvager
noob
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #111 on: June 07, 2010, 01:13:28 PM »
tsktsk, that much expensive goodies on it, but still fitting a t1 salvager
noob

Welcome to the League Saf ;)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 07, 2010, 02:24:18 PM »
Yay! Thanks!  ;D

you had me confused at first by quoting that   :)
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #113 on: June 12, 2010, 09:35:58 PM »
Saturday 26th June, ANGEL CARTEL NIGHT (or bomber/dictor/nanocruiser for poor folks night):

http://www.scrapheap-challenge.com/viewtopic.php?t=35217

Not sure what I'll be in, but I will be there.

8pm EVE.  Hisec meet up is AKONOINEN in Lonetrek.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 06:44:36 PM by Mangala »

Offline Ferrosol

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 13, 2010, 11:30:10 AM »
Saturday 26th June, ANGEL CARTEL NIGHT (or bomber/dictor/nanocruiser for poor folks night):

http://www.scrapheap-challenge.com/viewtopic.php?t=35217

Not sure what I'll be in, but I will be there.

Will probably turn up in a dramiel if someone can link me a decent fit.
Eve Online: Sybil Tanitha
Eve Online Jennifer Ammant

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
Terry Pratchett, Jingo

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #115 on: June 13, 2010, 11:31:37 AM »
Page 7 of the SHC thread had this:

[Dramiel, LR]
Gyrostabilizer II
Internal Force Field Array I
Micro Auxiliary Power Core I

Catalyzed Cold-Gas I Arcjet Thrusters
Medium F-S9 Regolith Shield Induction
Warp Disruptor II
Coreli C-Type 1MN Afterburner

150mm Light AutoCannon II, EMP S
[empty high slot]
150mm Light AutoCannon II, EMP S

Small Core Defence Field Extender I
Small Projectile Burst Aerator I
Small Auxiliary Thrusters I

Warrior II x3

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #116 on: June 25, 2010, 12:09:09 AM »
Bump for great justice.

Remember its this saturday folks for this!!!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #117 on: June 26, 2010, 08:11:24 PM »
Our Angel shall block out the sun!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #118 on: September 19, 2010, 11:27:59 AM »
So, unofficial ganknight lastnight.  SHC got invited to No.Mercy's birthday roam :)

Was an epic night all in all too! Provi was fun as ever. Game had minimal lag and no module lag - yay for ccp applying small fixes all the time lately.

short backstory: today is no.mercy's first anniversary of the corps founding, and with only about a week of notice we ended up turning our celebration from a corp roam into a good old fashioned gank night that blobbed into 0.0 to hopefully poke some fights

Fleet forms up, we hit about 80 in fleet mostly t1 armor afterburner cruisers but the assorted random shit too including an ashimmy (it died ofc), we fly around providence chasing red blobs on the map and intel and getting some ganks on the way

I designate the 20man Quam Singulari portion of our fleet 'Strike Eagle 77' and entrust secondary Fcing of this elite squad to Admiral Malet. As they were all at a corp LAN party, the admiral promptly solidified his rule by forcing them to take a shot each time we jumped a gate, then crop dusted them mercilessly on the way to the bar. Excellent I think, everything is going according to plan.

A lot more rambling and ganking and drunken whining and we hear reports, "47 man drake gang in 4b-non, waiting for you!" Looking forward to our certain deaths we fly straight there, jump in, discover to our dismay its more of a 20-30 man sodalitas xx drake gang, and worse, theyre sitting 60 off gate Sad I painfully make the cowardly decision to warp off, and try to get a warp in so we could get up close and reap havoc. Our only inty dies getting the warpin.

I was promptly smacked by everyone for forgetting this was a suicide fleet, and we warp back to 0 to discover they are hiding in a safe. This will not stand, says I, and I take us to JEIV to camp their home station to force them to fight. It works! they jump bridge home before we get there and we let them get to range, jump in, and the battle begins Smile

What followed was a extremely entertaining fight where we burned off gate after the drake game in our clusterfuck ("afterburner cruiser") fleet which apparantly was half MWD fit and run down the retreating drake army who fails to keep any kind of range from us. Pewpew ensues and to our delight sodalitas continues to reship and warp in more hacs and drakes as quick as we are killing the ones on the field.

We o7 them for their courage and loot the field, but whats this?! The drake gang has reshipped to a close range armor bc fleet with 7 guardians and they are camping our out gate!

They lack any dictors so we jump through into XHQ and pull them to us where round two is begun at 0. Sadly this round is much shorter as the FC quickly realizes his instapopping guardians arent going to hold reps and they deaggroe and jump while we pick off stragglers.

http://sodalitasxx.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&adjacent&kll_id=7625753
http://www.nomercycorp.com/killboard/?a=kill_related&adjacent&kll_id=15613

We return to Assah after I can no longer stand the constant, desperate pleas to "drop loot", take a bio and are back out with about 50 this time to find more pewpew.

Our search more or less fails and we end up in north stain, chasing one alliance rally point after another but IKILU and -A- wouldnt fight our t1 cruiser gang. In the end we warp to planet 1 in whatever the fuck system IKILU is living in in stain, drop fleet, and have a good old fashioned free for all Smile

Im proud to say for the free for all and the random IKILU's warping in to whore mails, there were no survivors Smile

http://www.nomercycorp.com/killboard/?a=kill_related&kll_id=15639
^should be 'mostly' up to date

I want to give a big shout out to everyone who helped make our birthday so fun, not the least of which sodalitas for fighting us not once but twice, the SHC crew for doubling our turnout, everyone who FRAPsed it, Ask Unbeatable for his live stream, quammie and their lan party, and last but not least my corp, happy birthday guys (and lady) !

My KB listing for the kills I whored onto:

http://handsofjustice.co.uk/maadi3kb/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=39011

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #119 on: October 28, 2010, 12:25:41 PM »
HROD! A Ganknight you can come too!!!

http://www.scrapheap-challenge.com/viewtopic.php?t=37522

Most likely a Saturday - 6th November is winning.   Lasers is the theme and its a serious night so no comedy fits ;)  Inties can/would be excepted from this rule iirc.