Author Topic: F2P in 2012  (Read 2747 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Online Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
Re: F2P in 2012
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 04:52:41 PM »
Tribes :shit (seriously i know you burn for it but it is one of the worst games ive played)

Smite: all dota type games are just plain ol shit

Super Monday Night Combat: if anything like Monday Night Combat also just plain shit

Mechwarrior : maybe but i fear the pay to win that will be used

Planetside 2 : if it is FTp i fear for it especially if it uses the LoL system i.e. "free" trial of one or 2 classes have to purchase others at silly cost

Firefall : has no knowledge of thees

i.e. no excitement about any FTP game as in my mind it is destroying decent gaming, they are all generic bollocks that just want to suck your brainz
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 04:54:20 PM by Caradir »
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 06:02:31 PM »
Im hoping that PS2 will use the DCUO model and not the abortion that is the EQ2 model, as the DCUO model is really good for what it gives people.  But then I remember Smedley is still at SOE...

The rest - except tribes - I havent heard of.

Re F2P in general, thats the way the market is heading for smaller budget titles - and even large budget titles will go with some form of P2W / F2P hybrid eventually (Wouldnt surprise me if Titan goes the hybrid way as a way to suck money from Blizz fanbois).
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 06:45:04 PM »
as long as mechwarrior isn't some weird turn based thingy or p2w that might be interesting. as it has mechs.
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Online Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 06:53:47 PM »
as long as mechwarrior isn't some weird turn based thingy or p2w that might be interesting. as it has mechs.

been a while since i visited the Mechwarrior site, but what ive just read means i will look at the game.
Welcome MechWarrior!

Piranha Games is proud to bring you the next instalment in the MechWarrior® franchise. It has been a long time coming and this synopsis will help to answer some of your questions. If you’ve read through Dev Blog 0, you’ll know that we are a premium Free-To-Play game based on the bestselling BattleTech® Universe. When coming up with the core game features for MechWarrior® Online, we create and focused on four pillars of design and player experience. These pillars include:

Mech Warfare – The embodiment of Mech to Mech combat.
    Role Warfare – The ability for player’s to customize their experience to suit their own style of gameplay.
    Community Warfare – The ability to let the players take part in epic combat for territorial control.
    Information Warfare – Bring a new element to the battlefield that incorporates information technology to help control the fight.

Mech Warfare:

We want to make sure we bring the roots of the MechWarrior® titles back to the surface and also incorporate the basic rules from the BattleTech® Universe. Players will be able to customize their BattleMechs with weapon and armor upgrades as well as customize their cosmetic appearance in the MechLab. This means players can look unique or fall in line with their Merc Corp colors and truly represent themselves in combat. The next part of Mech Warfare is controls/piloting a BattleMech. Since our key platform is the PC, it only makes sense to really bring the simulation control system back for seasoned players, with the option to have easy access configurations for newer players. When dealing with controls, we really want to bring skill back into combat rather than heavily assisted combat as seen in most modern day first person shooters. The interface between the MechWarrior® and the BattleMech is being revisited as well. A new 3D HUD system is being designed for the neurohelmet pilot information display. The view point of the game is from the pilot (MechWarrior®’s) point of view. Players will be able to look around their cockpit and even customize the interior to suit their tastes.
Role Warfare:

When it comes down to play style for any given player, we want to make sure that we have as many options as possible to cater to as many player types as possible. This is where things get really interesting. Everything from choosing a BattleMech to how a MechWarrior® is trained, will allow a player to truly customize their own personal game experience. What is a player’s preferred role when playing MechWarrior®? Scout? Attacker? Defender? Commander? Whatever it is, a player will be able to train their MechWarrior to specialize in their style of gameplay. Players are highly encouraged to participate in team based gameplay. The fast manoeuvrable scouts will be able to relay information back to the commander units who in turn relay that information to the attacker and defender units. As players advance their MechWarrior in a role, more skills and abilities related to their role will become available. Remember, a team who plays together will always win together.
Community Warfare:

MechWarrior® in all of its incarnations has always had a loyal following of players in one of the strongest on-line communities in gaming history. Piranha-Games hopes to bring this community together in a friendly conflict of universal control. This may sound a little odd, but it is the fun competitiveness that will keep the game alive and kicking for years to come. Utilizing the BattleTech® Inner Sphere, we plan to have skirmishes amongst the Great Houses in BattleTech® lore. Allowing the player to have an active part in this conflict is one of our key directives in designing this game. Players will be able to create, manage and customize their Merc Corp’s player base and appearance, while banding together to really delve into the Inner Sphere conflict where House alignment reigns supreme. Merc Corp leaders will bid and fight for occupation rights to some of the most valuable planets across the Inner Sphere and challenge other Merc Corps for control of planets reaping large rewards.
Information Warfare:

Evolving the MechWarrior® experience required a new layer of gameplay. Instead of large open expanses and circle strafing parties, we wanted to examine the core play experience of the previous MechWarrior® titles and see if we could bring a more tactical/strategic experience to MechWarrior® Online™. Relying more on line-of-sight and incorporating information technologies, we feel that information warfare will bring a new level of realism to the fight and help enforce the idea of team based multiplayer even more. Another aspect of Mech Warfare, something that we can do with new technology, is urban combat. The battlefield is no longer open areas with mile long sightlines. . Tactical manoeuvres will be required now more than ever and the key to success is using InfoTech alongside great team play. The newly implemented Battle Grid will give commanding units a bird’s eye view of the battlefield and scouts will be able to feed real time recon information to them. The battlefield commander will be able to call in air strikes, artillery strikes and other support unit requests.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)