Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: ????!
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2010, 04:09:58 AM »
plenty of pictures on the blogg then please old chap. im curious to see how much its changed since i was there  :)

Should have lpb written up over the weekend and pictures etc :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2010, 06:53:47 AM »
waiting around for buses sucks.

going to vang vieng, which will suck more than it did the past 2 times, but its better than a really long bus ride to vientiane ;)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2010, 09:35:59 AM »
So VV did suck as I said, however despite that there was 1 or 2 fine distractions so I cannot write it off totally.

In Vientiane now, should have more time to get the blog updated and photos of the past week or so in Laos, plus dig out the other recipes Ive snagged along the way, got a good one for laap, which is a lao salad with spicy minced meat etc

Not sure how long im in town for, and not sure if I''ll head to the plain of jars or down south either afterwards, but plenty of time left on my visa here so thats more than enough time to decide really.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2010, 04:38:40 AM »
dear lord baby raptor jesus.

Give the thai consulate here the strength to NOT issue numbers over 300 for the queue when they know they wont get to it, and give them the foresight to NOT give me number 712 with a hangover.

I even got up early (8ish) to get there at a civilised hour (10ish). It just wasnt to be. Tomorrow Im getting there when it opens at 8.30.

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2010, 07:49:37 AM »
dear lord baby raptor jesus.

Give the thai consulate here the strength to NOT issue numbers over 300 for the queue when they know they wont get to it, and give them the foresight to NOT give me number 712 with a hangover.

I even got up early (8ish) to get there at a civilised hour (10ish). It just wasnt to be. Tomorrow Im getting there when it opens at 8.30.

I'd have though with your travel experience you'd have remembered that all these places count as follows 1,2,3,4,5,lots,many,manymany etc etc. ;)

So VV did suck as I said, however despite that there was 1 or 2 fine distractions so I cannot write it off totally.

So what were their names then and how much did they cost you?  :D
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2010, 10:01:48 AM »
Names? They have names??
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2010, 12:53:44 PM »

...and were they pre or post op?
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2010, 03:30:40 AM »

...and were they pre or post op?

Pervs.

To answer though. Both western girls. One called Sam (23 Kiwi) and the other Leah (25 brit).  One I met randomly in a bar while it turned out we were both playing the "bitter travellers who DONT tube" card and the other was on a caving tour I did in the Vang Vieng area, and spent the rest of that day with :)

Leah should be turning up in Vientiane before I leave the city too.

-------------

Anyways, sorted another thai visa - yay for it being free till tomorrow :D So I can escape to thailand and the islands for some diving anytime I feel like it ;)

But im also tempted by southern laos - bolvean plateau and the 4000 islands specifically.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2010, 07:39:05 AM »
Lord help me!

Stuck in Vientiane for another 5hrs.  Nothing is open and im sooooo boooooooooooooooored.  To think I used to bitch about English towns being too bustling and shit on a Sunday.

My own fault for deciding to leave town today, when I could have comfortably left days ago.  Stupid boy.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2010, 06:08:16 PM »
khao san road

i really am too jaded to like it anymore. 

although made a few new friends today down there over 80bht kamikazes, who want to partake of my knowledge wandering bkk tomorrow.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2010, 07:20:03 AM »
In Kanchanaburi now.

Went to the cemetarys here again with a dutch lad I met on the way here yesterday.

Even in polite company I got the same lump in my throat I always do when I visit them.

Rest of the day is relaxing then beer + irish stew for paddys day! and meeting a couple of girls I met on the Kwai Bridge yesterday.

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2010, 07:50:31 AM »
and meeting a couple of girls I met on the Kwai Bridge yesterday.

and you call us pervs? i hope your jabs are uptodate. at the rate you're going you are likely tto come back with foot and mouth or licky end or some other std  :D
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2010, 08:46:08 AM »
and you call us pervs?
*glances to the left of Macs post*
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2010, 11:52:27 AM »
and you call us pervs?
*glances to the left of Macs post*

shush you   ;)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2010, 09:55:35 AM »
Is off to Ko Chang tomorrow :)

gonna chill on a beach for a couple of weeks.