Author Topic: RIP THQ  (Read 5172 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
RIP THQ
« on: January 23, 2013, 09:37:51 PM »
Sega agreed to purchase Relic ((Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War Series, Company of Heroes, Homeworld)
Koch Media agreed to purchase Volition (Saints Row Series, Red Faction Series, FreeSpace/Summoner) and Metro
Crytek agreed to purchase Homefront
Take 2 agreed purchase Evolve
and
Ubisoft agreed to purchase Montreal and South Park
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
Re: RIP THQ
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 09:43:24 AM »
And the license for the immensely amazing UFC games they made?

E....fucking....A....fucking....Sports.

fucking.

Offline elv

• Friends
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 06:47:23 PM »
its in the game!  ;D

laters elv

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 07:03:17 PM »
What I didnt know yet...:

What happened?

On November 13, 2012, THQ announced that it had defaulted on a $50 million loan. Its subsequent Humble THQ Bundle raised about $5 million for THQ, charities, and the Humble Bundle organizers, but it wasn't enough: the company filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy on December 19th.

Bankruptcy isn't necessarily the end—Chapter 11 allows the debtor to stay in control of the company under court oversight—but things didn't go as planned. THQ expected to sell itself in whole to a private equity firm called Clearlake Capital Group, but THQ's creditors and the bankruptcy court rejected that proposal earlier this month, which led to today's piece by piece auction.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 04:10:22 PM »
Kickstarter (on Indiegogo) for rescuing the Homeworld franchise

Help us put the Homeworld franchise back in the hands of gamers. Save Homeworld from bankruptcy and fund Homeworld 3 and Homeworld Classic on Touch Devices!
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 05:10:07 PM »
Kickstarter (on Indiegogo) for rescuing the Homeworld franchise

Help us put the Homeworld franchise back in the hands of gamers. Save Homeworld from bankruptcy and fund Homeworld 3 and Homeworld Classic on Touch Devices!

why would Sega sell it on to them? ;)

just sayin
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 09:56:49 PM »
I thought homeworld wasnt claimed yet, hope you are right with the sega though. I love the "Total war" series by saga.

Looking forward to "total war: company of heroes" "total war: homeworld" "total war: dawn of war" (and im not even kidding!!!!)
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.