Author Topic: X-Com: Enemy Unknown  (Read 6101 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
X-Com: Enemy Unknown
« on: January 16, 2012, 11:25:02 AM »
As you know it was recently revealed that as well as the X-Com shooter in development by 2K that Firaxis were working on a "true to roots" reboot of the strategy title.

Game informer are posting info as they receive it

http://www.gameinformer.com/p/xcom.aspx

I personally will keep an eye on this one i love X-Com titles and only fix in recent years of this type has been the UFO titles.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com: Enemy Unknown
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 02:19:04 PM »
I just jizzed in my pants

I love those Firaxis guys

Features Interview - XCOM: Enemy Unknown

why do GT vids never link properly on this site?
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 08:30:35 PM »
yup i just came too..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3uHHmTSDCvA#!

the base looks cool and i love the glamcam although it probably will get old at some point
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 08:45:35 PM »
former roommate.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 08:49:47 PM »
former roommate.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 12:41:31 PM »
http://youtu.be/u9i6X5fgaCE
 :'( Wbt do i still have to wait
former roommate.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 12:45:35 PM »

:'( Wbt do i still have to wait

It wil be worth the wait i feel it. However dont know how much more i can take before i snap it off with all the fapping over this ;)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 03:48:20 PM »
Will be yet another massive disappointment.
sorry to shatter your dreams.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 05:31:16 PM »

*puts his fingers in his ears*

NANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANAN ANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANA NANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANAN ANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANA NANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANAN ANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANA NANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANAN ANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANA NANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANAN ANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANA NANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANAN ANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANA NANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANAN ANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANA NANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANAN ANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANA NANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANAN ANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANA NANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANAN ANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANA NANANANANAv
former roommate.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2012, 05:32:50 PM »

now you are just sounding like me on any FTP title post ;)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 05:37:40 PM »
I learned from the best...
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2012, 09:14:35 AM »
So after a quick go on the very limited demo, i can say im not upset that i will be buying this ;)

Certainly looks like it will be great, plus i actually expected to lose people on missions and wasnt upset when i did :D

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 07:09:56 PM »
i played the demo multiple times
and its only 1/2 level you can really play yourself
loving it
but why the hell is it 5 gigs
former roommate.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2012, 09:00:40 AM »
How come I have a whole different memory of how this game was going to work?
I remember more of a FPS kinda game and just shoot the aliens - which had me disappointed on how they mangled the original gameplay. What game am I confused with?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2012, 09:17:55 AM »
How come I have a whole different memory of how this game was going to work?
I remember more of a FPS kinda game and just shoot the aliens - which had me disappointed on how they mangled the original gameplay. What game am I confused with?

2 different games mate. There is a FPS x-com game coming also although it is in production hell, and may not be out until 2014 if it can survive.