Author Topic: Tel'Abim Banana Smugglers  (Read 3528 times)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Tel'Abim Banana Smugglers
« on: February 24, 2010, 10:52:05 AM »
While I've been playing WoW recently, I decided to level a Dorf Hunter, as I love the class and never done a Dorf. I've also got my grubby little mitts on a couple of pieces of Heirloom gear, which increases XP gain by 10% a piece, and scales as I level. Very cool.

My mains are currently in Sychronicity, and having fun there, but I wanted to keep this guy unguilded until a decent level, as my interest in these things waxes and wanes somewhat. However, an idea struck me of starting my own guild. So, after much /1 and /2 spammage, I have set up TelAbim Banana Smugglers, complete with Monkey themed tabard :D

Not many folks in it at the moment, just those randoms I payed to sign the charter. Told them they're welcome to stay, thought most have quit. So, if you have any unguilded toons on Aszune that need a very casual home, give Grimstock or Kurtt a poke ;)

Cos everyone loves Bananas!

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Tel'Abim Banana Smugglers
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 01:23:28 PM »
When (in WoW) I left Mithrilguard in a rage fit a few years back (after Dehn and Hrodgar and all the other cool people ;)  had left either the guild or the game) I formed my own guild. I apparently needed a round soft room, and thus "Padded Tower" was formed. Some random low-level players were bribed to sign the chart, who I then promptly booted out after the guild was formed.

Later on a few of my friends joined with some toons, but it was very much my private guild. I later on joined Dehn et al in Inertia with a couple toons, although I've since moved them back to Padded Tower (and due to me being the stabile person I am  ::) , I've also since re-joined MG with a  toon). Of course haven't actually played WoW in a good while, but the guild should be there still :)

The wonderful thing about private guild is that (most of the time) the members agree on everything, what with there being about one person in total behind the toons :p

EDIT: Seems there actually has been some activity in the guild lately  :o
http://eu.wowarmory.com/guild-info.xml?r=Tarren+Mill&gn=Padded+Tower
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 01:25:57 PM by Jarkko »

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 06:42:04 PM »
You can probably get to join Mithrilguard, think they have a revolving door policy basically haha :) (don't know really but my chars are still in after not having played for 3 years or whatever it is)

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 10:28:16 PM »
I'm on Alegria or Aicha most of the time I get to spend on the computer and wow.
Both are in a guild called <Easy>, which is my old guild (a social raiding guild would be a good description) on Lightbringer.

Not that that info is in any way helpful, but feel free to drop in on Lightbringer and say hi, any time you're bored. ;)

Edit: cool guild name!  :D
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 06:24:51 AM »
Nice name :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 08:12:07 AM »
when i stopped playing WoW my account still had about 3 months time on it so i gave it to my niece to play until the time ran out. She said she wanted to use my higher level toons to power level some of hers. Anyway i put a month of time on it at the begining of the year just to have a look at what state she'd left it in. Instead of 4 level 80's i now had 7 level 80's and just over 15k in gold. Plus my rogue was in full PvP gear so it would seem she had been rather busy. Ive let it drop again now though as i still can't find the interest to get back into the game.  :-[
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!