Author Topic: New WoW Expansion...for anyone who cares...  (Read 18146 times)

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: New WoW Expansion...for anyone who cares...
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 11:15:01 PM »
*checks calendar* OMFG its not April

sounds shit
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 04:37:04 AM »
May as well just call the expasion "milking the dead horse".

"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 05:51:43 AM »
seems blizz are getting woried about swtor i was reading yesterday that if you buy a years sub to wow you get diablo 3 for free and guaranteed access to the expansion beta.

but it could all be a bullshit.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 07:44:13 AM »
I did actually squee a tiny bit. But then... Lightsabres!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 11:01:38 AM »
cant get thoughts of Kung Fu panda out my head maybe theyll get Jack Black to do what little voiceover work WoW has ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 01:33:12 PM »
now i know they aint taking it seriously anymore fucking pokemon in WOw

*high pitched* WOT DA FUUUUUCCCKKKK

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 05:40:42 PM »
The pet combat system will actually be quite good for mid-raid downtime. I always hated the amount of time I wasted in raids just standing there.
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 09:37:53 PM »
The pet combat system will actually be quite good for mid-raid downtime. I always hated the amount of time I wasted in raids just standing there.

again

*high pitched* YOU WHAAATTTT!!!!

pokewow :D they are getting desperate to fund Titan

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2011, 07:27:44 AM »
Two things that are winding me up over this.

Scenarios, blatantly ripped off from LotRO. Could they get any more obvious?

Also, Murderball? They're stealing PVP ideas from a game still in beta?

Lol blizz!

Offline elv

• Friends
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2011, 08:58:38 AM »
I dont think it matters what new content they bring in, looks to me like a lot of wow players have just got bored shitless with the game, for me it just became a law of diminishing returns with each xp and they killed more and more of the social aspects of the game (ie no group quests, cross realm pvp dungeons etc), add to that the dumbing down of the game with every new xp. Wow just seems to be aiming for the lowest common denominator as a target market and the game has become so bland that interest in it is waning. Of course that's probably just my opinion and the subscription stats probably say something else entirely? Anyone knoe if the figures are rising / falling? My guess is fairly steady but that the original customer base has nearly all long since departed and replaced.

laters elv
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 03:00:12 PM by elv »

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 06:38:00 PM »
Blizzard is a company. They are here to make money. They are good at what they do. Most people would cry if they checked their bank statements to see how much money they have actually spent on playing WoW.

Pandas are pro.

Panda on goat. Mmmmmm.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011, 06:58:22 PM »
Blizzard is a company. They are here to make money. They are good at what they do. Most people would cry if they checked their bank statements to see how much money they have actually spent on playing WoW.

Pandas are pro.

Panda on goat. Mmmmmm.

I agree they are in the business of making money (and if you sell a decent product, why not?), however they are losing focus on what the people they want to take money from actually want. This car crash amalgamation of 10 million genres into the WoW banner is horrendous and the "pay to win" auction house in Diablo 3 means a lot of diablo fans wont buy it (hence why they are giving it away for free with 12 month sub), and Starcraft 2 being shit.

at least CCP are admitting making mistakes (albeit 18 months too late) do you think Blizz ever will?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2011, 07:23:53 PM »

Pandas are pro.

Panda on goat. Mmmmmm.

I agree they are in the business of making money (and if you sell a decent product, why not?), however they are losing focus on what the people they want to take money from actually want. This car crash amalgamation of 10 million genres into the WoW banner is horrendous and the "pay to win" auction house in Diablo 3 means a lot of diablo fans wont buy it (hence why they are giving it away for free with 12 month sub), and Starcraft 2 being shit.

at least CCP are admitting making mistakes (albeit 18 months too late) do you think Blizz ever will?

Not while Bobby's bathing a money bath all day long they wont.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2011, 07:30:52 PM »
Most people would cry if they checked their bank statements to see how much money they have actually spent on playing WoW. .

Not me! I'm proud of my financial contributions towards yet another ivory back-scratcher for the Blizzard directors.
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)