Author Topic: DC Universe Online  (Read 38908 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: DC Universe Online
« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2011, 07:54:50 PM »
seriously dont bother even trying to play this game until Sony sort their shit out.

Wait from 5500 in q to play then realise that once again i cant actually play as

i hit stuff no damage seems to be taken by mobs then they fall over, Intractable quest targets cant be interacted with, as THE SERVERS CANNAE HANDLE IT CAP'N

After days of not getting the lag (and a few sessions of getting in after 5k+ queues this weekend - as opposed to 300-600 during the weekdays) you mentioned, its awful now.   Bloody euros cant they all log off and go to sleep they have work or school tomorrow :D
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2011, 09:04:41 PM »
4.5k queue, stuck on loading. Again.

/sigh

#SWTOR

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #92 on: November 06, 2011, 09:20:27 PM »
4.5k queue, stuck on loading. Again.

/sigh

#SWTOR

At least we arent yanks+aussies.  OVER 9000 in their queues I understand.

It seems SOE are working on it, but wont give specifics (with the user base of their forums I understand that move), so whether its more servers, figuring out how badly their megaserver ideas got screwed with the level of interest in F2P or allowing console kiddies near anything other than COD or a football game etc etc

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 06, 2011, 11:04:52 PM »
At least we arent yanks+aussies.  OVER 9000 in their queues I understand.

*smirk*
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 07, 2011, 08:54:25 AM »
until they sort it though missions are undoable due to server side lag :S

so size of queue doesnt make a hell o difference if that isnt sorted.

*although according to their forum they had a downtime at 4am to increase capacity*
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 08:56:00 AM by Caradir »
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2011, 09:07:28 AM »
on another note as i cant do anything whilst playing teh agme i used my time to work out how light combos work

So you have your big green claws but cant combo. why is this?

simple to unlock 2nd combo in teh combo list you need to take that power so Miniguns for example

this will then allow you to do the (up to) 4 claw attacks then minigun combo

to get next part of combo  pick that skill at level up. So i like to do claws, minigun and whip lash :) ace combo.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2011, 01:15:04 PM »
You know, if this game pans out and holds my interest, I might have to cave and order the Green Lantern pack. I was a big Green Lantern fan for a while.

Some questions that you guys might be able to answer:

- Does your account automatically become a Premium account if you sent $5 in any way?

- Do you get 2 character slots on EU and 2 characters slots on US? Because somehow one of my characters copied across, and I filled the other two slots, so I either have 3 or 4 characters.

- Where are you going to keep up on news on what they're doing to increase capacity?

Flying around Metropolis, battling the minions of Gorilla Grodd and occasionally swooping down on a mugger or burglar was just great fun. I doubt the game has the depth to keep me playing for years, as WoW did, but I can see myself spending a while there. I look forward to them sorting out their capacity issues.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2011, 01:30:43 PM »

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 07, 2011, 03:57:30 PM »
I bought the future Batman in the store and got upgraded. Basically, I think it's if you spend any amount of points in the store. To do that, you need to buy some SC points, hence the £4 for the minimum amount of points available.

I would imagine it's two characters slots per server, 6 with Premium.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 07, 2011, 07:23:04 PM »
I bought the future Batman in the store and got upgraded. Basically, I think it's if you spend any amount of points in the store. To do that, you need to buy some SC points, hence the £4 for the minimum amount of points available.

I would imagine it's two characters slots per server, 6 with Premium.

future batman? Legend PVP?

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 07, 2011, 07:27:31 PM »
It means that some time in the future, when you least expect it, Batman will leap out of the darkness and beat the stuffing out of your enemies.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #101 on: November 08, 2011, 10:04:07 AM »
Seems theyve added a fix to stop the hanging on loading screen AFTER passing the queue.

However cant tell you how well it works as theres no queues right now :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 08, 2011, 10:08:08 AM »
wonder if it also fixes issue i had yesterday, eternal loading screen every trip to police stations.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 08, 2011, 12:13:41 PM »
The problem is, there were no queues last night, and I was STILL hanging on loading screens!

I can't see how the two issues are related tbh...

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 08, 2011, 02:21:22 PM »
no lag today for me

yet the more i play this game the more i realise why i stopped before, theres just something missing that i cant quite put a finger on, and teh clunky terribad ui well :S