Author Topic: Mount Gunbad: 08/10/2008  (Read 5174 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Mount Gunbad: 08/10/2008
« on: October 07, 2008, 04:02:33 PM »
As per the event in the Guilds Calender, this is set for tomorrow.

There are 3 wings of varying levels, I plan to do the east wing (23-25 level mobs - champs etc). It can be done as a Warband (More the merrier!), so please sign up in game.

There are 3 or more bosses to the wing I understand, as well as the PQ status of the wing itself (only the very final boss is instanced I am led to believe) giving everyone a shot at upgrades for their characters :)

So, please feel free to sign up if you are late 20 or 21 and up in character levels :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
Re: Mount Gunbad: 08/10/2008
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 04:56:35 PM »
 :(
bah another fun run ill miss
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 05:04:44 PM »
Likewise, unfortunately I have to take a client out.

Offline Debaser

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 07:15:39 PM »
Oooo I do love gunbad! ill try my damndest to be there.
Debaser (IB) Omyi (WP)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 07:52:05 PM »
I am up for it :)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 06:16:12 AM »
For the official info and some official screen-shots, check http://www.warhammeronline.com/specialfeatures/Gunbad_Overview.php

In case you want to be slightly more aware of what to see in Gunbad, check http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_Gunbad

Also, a blog of a Destro PUG venturing inside can be an interesting read for those unfamiliar with the area (the blog just shows the place is awesome and *hard* :) )
http://www.keenandgraev.com/?p=1519

And eventually (when we have more people at 30+ ranks) we may get to see 'Ard ta Feed at the bottom of Mount Gunbad. It's a sight that you won't forget :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWETKZCtaNE
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 08:03:45 AM by Jarkko »

Offline Nabal

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 06:47:42 AM »
Nushka and myself will be there. (Hopefully)

What time does it start? 7PM UK time?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 06:50:26 AM »
Nushka and myself will be there. (Hopefully)

What time does it start? 7PM UK time?

7.25 UK - god knows what I was thinking at the time its such a random thing;)

Rather than change it I figured as its a work day for many today, I want to ensure people have enough time to get home, chill, eat and so on before the need to log on hits them.

Offline Angelor

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 07:45:55 AM »
I hope to come- it looks great

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 08:07:28 AM »
7.25 UK - god knows what I was thinking at the time its such a random thing;)
For me this is an excellent time :)  The smaller kids go to bed at 9:00 PM local time (that is 7:00 UK), and every second night it is me who reads the bedtime story. Thus I am usually available a quarter past earliest. 25 minutes past is pretty much ideal for me :)

Offline Jeremiah

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 06:54:06 PM »
Damn - home late, supper etc etc

Sorry I never made this Beo - hope it went good and I'll be there next time

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 09:38:21 PM »
Damn - home late, supper etc etc

Sorry I never made this Beo - hope it went good and I'll be there next time

Shame you missed it Jeremiah.

It was great fun. Write up to follow :)

There shall be other runs there - in fact Sunday evening has one set in the guild calendar :)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2008, 06:46:03 AM »
What a marvelous run last night! :) Running Gunbad in a Warband has its positive and its not so positive impacts.

The positive impact is of course that we actually get to see the dungeon (minus the final bosses) and collect influence to actually have a chance to enter the final chambers. I think the sort of "raid" we did there last night as a guild is very nice for the guild-spirit: We were doing something together and we did rock :)

The not quite so positive impact is that we actually can't enter the lairs of the final bosses as warband (only a party can enter each instance to the final bosses), and thus we'd have to split up at the "gate" to the final lairs (and lats night that would have been impossible, with so many of us being still a bit low-rank (me included), so there would have been wipe-fests at the lair-bosses). Also, in warbands those doing (to the targets or themselves, so DPS classes and tanks protecting the others) lots of damage are the ones recieving the loot (can be detrimental to non-WP healers). Also, there are fewer purplzzz available because the effort per character is much lower in a warband than in a party (unless things have changed a lot from beta, in a 6-man party everybody got purple loot from each PQ in Gunbad).

However, personally I was happy with the run :) If we in the future just could get the run start more on time I would be even more happier. I have to first mention I hate waiting for anything; I am a "I want it now, dammit" -type of a person. I have never quite understood why it is acceptable to make lots of people to wait for a few. Everybody is late sometimes, even I am  :o , but I just fail to see the good points if for example 15 people would have to wait 20 minutes for somebody arriving late (that is 15 x 20 = 300 minutes aka 5 hours wasted time). Both in real life and in games :)  Not only is the time wasted waiting, but it automatically means the the end-time is further pushed back (and for time-zone challenged people it can mean less time sleeping before having to get to work).

I would much rather see a more "harsh" policy (and I understand that I can be in the minority on this, and I can live with that, just have to mention it to get it off of me, so please forgive me) that the late-comers come when they can and catch up as well as they can *OR* the whole run is postponed if it is obvious a start can't be made on the announced time. However, I have to mention that yesterday the wait wasn't too long (altough I already started to get somewhat impatient, but hey, that is how I am) and the "scout-run" nature of the event made it more acceptable to my draconian mind :)

In all, I got a lot of good vibes from the run. We had excellent team-work (altough I should have saved Sven more often, he just seems to be such a squig-bait :P) and everybody were nice and polite to each other. This guild has some really awesome people, and I am proud to be a member :)

Offline Nabal

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2008, 06:59:16 AM »
Also, in warbands those doing (to the targets or themselves, so DPS classes and tanks protecting the others) lots of damage are the ones recieving the loot (can be detrimental to non-WP healers). Also, there are fewer purplzzz available because the effort per character is much lower in a warband than in a party (unless things have changed a lot from beta, in a 6-man party everybody got purple loot from each PQ in Gunbad).

We noticed the same yesterday, all the influence went to the tanks and DPS.  Not that I complain  :-[  Got a few bags myself.  But that's nothing we can do about I think, it's up to Mythic to change the influence calculation and take the healing done in the calculation.

On the bright side, it was a great run.  Saw some nice drops fall.  Grats to the ppl who won them!

Can't wait until sunday for the next run  ;D

Offline Angelor

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2008, 08:03:46 AM »
I got a nice purple hat- i just cant wear it for a few more levels!

I had good fun and felt the place was a lot better pve experience than the sewers which seemed way more buggy. Also fewer mobs did cleaves or aoes so I was actually able to get into melee range! Also as everyone keeps getting new spells the combat looked really good at times, some great spell affects.

Looking forward to doing it witha smaller group and seeing those instance bosses, but will wait till im 25 for that, until then looking forward to another warband and finishing off some quests.

Hope theres more pve like this in the game.