Author Topic: First day defending Reikwald  (Read 1668 times)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
First day defending Reikwald
« on: October 06, 2008, 08:56:10 PM »
Glorious victories at Reikwald today. Twice!

As usual, I didn't remember to take any good screenshots :(  But I got something....

The Dwarf with words, Sven, told the story of the first battle with elegance!

http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?image=svenun3.jpg

A few hours later Destruction was able to conquer Praag and Reikland again, so they got to attack Reikwald for the second time the same day. HoJ members were rushing in from around the world. When I got to the outer wall, Destruction breached the outer gate (there were perhaps 3 warbands worth of Destruction present at this phase). Running back like mad in the middle of Destruction warriors, I made it inside the keep, barely alive. Climbing upwards I noticed the wall cannons were already manned. Climbed up one of the high-towers, and there I could deploy my hellblaster. Much carnage followed, as I had a field day spraying death from my high and safe position (high enough that spell-casters couldn't nuke me, so I was safe up there even being the sissy rank 21 I am :) ).

Destruction was kicked out, but they came back for more. I was one of the many who were at the outer wall, me again trusting in the mad-firepower of the hellblaster. Cannons on both sides started spewing death.

http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=duelqs4.jpg

But Destruction was running out of time, and the defences held.

http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=victoryou9.jpg

Order reinforcements arrived, and Destrction was once again pushed back to Praag (when you succesfully defend the "gates", ie can repel the attacker for one full hour, the attacker is pushed back one more area, so a succesfull defence at Reikwald turns also Reikland to Order control).

EDIT: Couldnt get thumbnails work as I wanted, so for now just links to the pictures until I figure this out :)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 09:11:19 PM by Beosvir »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: First day defending Reikwald
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 09:12:20 PM »
Nice write up - sounds like a greta fternoon.

Love Svens roleplay style story too - so much so I'm stealing that image for the frontpage of the site.

PS tried to fix your images, but imageshack links dont seem to work right much anymore :(
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 09:16:25 PM by Beosvir »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 04:24:26 AM »
Nice so Altdorf will still be rank3 when I can log on tonight :)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 04:57:04 AM »
Nice so Altdorf will still be rank3 when I can log on tonight :)
Logged in to check (both Altdorf situation and wether I now have access to the "world-shapper" title), and all is fine :)  Reikland is in Order control, Praag is contested. Only in Dwarf-Orc pairing does Destruction have a slight upper hand (Thunder Mountains Destruction controlled and Kadrin Valley is contested), so it is not *entirely* safe, but pretty safe :)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 08:05:33 AM »
I posted a few screenies of the defence in forum-gallery.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166