Author Topic: Headstart Key?  (Read 7078 times)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Headstart Key?
« on: August 27, 2009, 08:34:48 AM »
Just wondered if any of you guys that are still gonna play this (not you naysaying doomsmiths... :P) have had any form of headstart key through yet?

I've got two pre-orders on the go, one from Play, and the other from Game. While I had the open beta/pre-order key through from both on the same day, I've not smelt a whiff of the headstart key. Are they one in the same I wonder?

Thoughts?

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
Re: Headstart Key?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 08:38:42 AM »
Isn't the headstart key the same as the regular key included in the package? Assuming you already got the package sent...
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 08:42:23 AM »
Packages aren't going out until at least the 1st, as EU release seems to be the 4th, despite it being the 1st...

But the preorder key we've already received seems to be for the Open beta access, and possibly the in game items.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 08:43:53 AM »
Just wondered if any of you guys that are still gonna play this (not you naysaying doomsmiths... :P) have had any form of headstart key through yet?

I've got two pre-orders on the go, one from Play, and the other from Game. While I had the open beta/pre-order key through from both on the same day, I've not smelt a whiff of the headstart key. Are they one in the same I wonder?

Thoughts?

it will be a different key i imagine to appear in mail at some point today ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 08:57:31 AM »
Just been rooting round on the CO forums, and it appears the key we got for open beta applies the Headstart and in-game item features to. So if you haven't yet applied it, do so now.

Thread for referance: http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=43309

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 03:56:26 PM »
just got mine from play.com

Your Game Headstart and In-Game Item Unlock Code: %%CODE%%

dont think thats right lol :)

wheres me code ya scallies.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 04:13:00 PM »
they sent another good lads they are hehe

and it is the same key as the open beta one
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 04:19:26 PM by Caradir »

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 04:21:09 PM »
Got mine as well, though not checked if its the same as open beta. Will do it now.

In that case then, I'm good to go, and the open beta keys were the same as headstart/item.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 04:24:28 PM »
Got mine as well, though not checked if its the same as open beta. Will do it now.

In that case then, I'm good to go, and the open beta keys were the same as headstart/item.

yup see you in game tomorrow from 6 (if servers are up without issue this time)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 04:30:57 PM »
I got my headstart and item key. Even though I cancelled my order. Muy interessante!
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 04:31:32 PM »
Looks like Im good to go too :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."