Author Topic: Open Beta info  (Read 19691 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Open Beta info
« on: August 12, 2009, 09:17:49 PM »
We’re pleased to announce the schedule for next week’s Open Beta! On Sunday, August 16th, all characters from Closed Beta will be wiped from the servers in preparation for our Open Beta. When the servers open at 10 a.m. PDT on Monday, August 17th, everyone will have a fresh start, and you’ll be ready to experience the game from start to finish!

Servers will be taken down nightly from 1:00 a.m. PDT to 3:00 a.m. PDT for scheduled maintenance. Other than that, you can play all week long until the 24th. At 10:00 a.m. PDT on Monday, August 24th, the servers will be shut down and wiped once more in preparation for the game’s release. The “Early Start Program” begins on Friday, August 28th, and allows select pre-order purchasers an opportunity to get a headstart on the rest of the world by playing the game a few days before the official release. In addition, all Early Start participants will get to take part in a world event, where special enemies will drop unique items which will only be available until September 1st.

so early start is 28th, and unique item drop for those that are taking part, prob costume pieces etc could be fun.

got my pokemon cap ready :D
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Open Beta info
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 06:23:00 AM »
Cool, I have both OB and Early start with my amazon order :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Thuggy

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 12:33:36 PM »
I've got it too with Play..

Gah! I'm on holiday on the 28th - no early start for me  >:(

Offline Jeremiah

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 06:20:37 PM »
I've ordered it from Amazon too.  I have such fond memories of the WAR open beta and headstart  *****shudder*****

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 06:56:56 PM »
I've ordered it from Amazon too.  I have such fond memories of the WAR open beta and headstart  *****shudder*****

i actually enjoyed the WAR headstart it wasnt until later it got dull and too grindey for my liking :)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 07:40:15 AM »
Is there a set restricted naming convention or can I go nuts?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 08:20:48 AM »
Got pre+free stuff key, preloading beta now via my fileplanet account.  Key isnt useable on Champs site it seems, and others are having same issues.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 09:27:07 AM »
Is there a set restricted naming convention or can I go nuts?

pretty free however you cant use tm names ie Hulk, Ironman etc they are scared of Marvel/DC lawyers after all ;)

Offline Jeremiah

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 09:39:20 AM »
Yep it wasnt the WAR headstart that was the problem it was the whole - GOA debacle that really screwed things.  Also, having the key invalid porblems same as Mang (each time I swear on all that is holy that I will only get into an MMO no earlier than a month after launch but I am just a sucker for pre-order goodies)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2009, 09:44:58 AM »
Yep it wasnt the WAR headstart that was the problem it was the whole - GOA debacle that really screwed things.  Also, having the key invalid porblems same as Mang (each time I swear on all that is holy that I will only get into an MMO no earlier than a month after launch but I am just a sucker for pre-order goodies)

hehe me too love all that "free" goodness :)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 09:55:30 AM »
Well, I've pre-ordered from Play AND Game (hedging my bets here), and have not recieved pre-order info from any of them.

Has anyone recieved theirs from the above retailers yet?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2009, 11:31:25 AM »
Well, I've pre-ordered from Play AND Game (hedging my bets here), and have not recieved pre-order info from any of them.

Has anyone recieved theirs from the above retailers yet?

i preordered from play and nothing as of yet they are usually fine so im not worried ;)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2009, 02:01:54 PM »
My Game key came today, which is cool, as they had the pre-oder bonuses I liked most. Will give the Play pre-order to Yyan.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2009, 02:15:39 PM »
My Game key came today, which is cool, as they had the pre-oder bonuses I liked most. Will give the Play pre-order to Yyan.

the game ones are the questionium (??) power armour and bandoliers? im assuming these will all be avilable elsewhere as they dont say only to preorder unlike the art deco set and foxbat mini fig.

Exclusive Art Deco costume set , available only to lifetime subscribers
Exclusive in-game Foxbat action figure, available only to lifetime subscribers

and if i remember correctly everyone who has taken part in beta gets a defender mini fig in game ;) ill need to work towards buying my kid billy one again *sigh* hehe

thats the pokemon in this game the mini fig pets ;)

Offline Thuggy

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2009, 02:57:55 PM »
I've just received my Beta Key from Play.com. Yay!