Author Topic: FUUUUUUUUUUUU GOA  (Read 6691 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
FUUUUUUUUUUUU GOA
« on: July 09, 2009, 07:27:27 AM »
10 days free email right. I click the link, firstly they scare me by claiming Beo is on Karak Norn (He went to KA after KH closed), and then I reinstall from DVD, then patch.  Patch server fails over and over again.

So fuck GOA seriously.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 11:30:04 AM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
Re: FUUUUUUUUUUUU GOA
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 11:26:30 AM »
gods within days i get 10 free days of War and 14 of Conan in the mail

plus the 2betas i may be in

Gahhhhhhhhhh

:)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 12:29:41 PM »
gods within days i get 10 free days of War and 14 of Conan in the mail

plus the 2betas i may be in

Gahhhhhhhhhh

:)
Not to mention Blood Bowl eating all of my gaming time. Except when I play Dominions, or EU:Rome... So many games, so little time...

Offline Jeremiah

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 09:25:14 AM »
so its gonna take 10 days to re-patch?

I'm patching as we speak - which server are we all on then?

Offline Jeremiah

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 09:27:34 AM »
if GOA offered a lifetime sub like Lotro would you take it (I like to wander around middle earth now and then)?  I think I would - a don't want to live in WAR-land but the occasional bit of bloodthirsty violence is a nice break from the cool of space.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 10:37:12 AM »
if GOA offered a lifetime sub like Lotro would you take it (I like to wander around middle earth now and then)?  I think I would - a don't want to live in WAR-land but the occasional bit of bloodthirsty violence is a nice break from the cool of space.

I would.

On the subject of patching, if it ever gets past the 50% it dies at, then last I played I was on Karak Azgal.

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 10:41:11 AM »

I would.

On the subject of patching, if it ever gets past the 50% it dies at, then last I played I was on Karak Azgal.

I got a similar email from them and activated the 10 day freebee.  only took half hr or so for the patches to download and install.  maybe i just got lucky ;D.  not thats its made any difference to me. i played ofr a bout 10 mins then logged off completely disinterested.  ::)
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2009, 07:26:14 AM »
Got the email as well. God knows where they stuck my characters. And now they all have stupid names with random letters attached on the end. Fail.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Jeremiah

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2009, 10:34:30 PM »
Well, back on and transfered to Karak-Azgol and named changed to Jereboam - quite enjoying it but not finding any HoJ around :(

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2009, 08:24:13 AM »
Well, back on and transfered to Karak-Azgol and named changed to Jereboam - quite enjoying it but not finding any HoJ around :(
I was online with Praedor yesterday on Karak-Azgal. Seems I am not in HoJ anymore, so hard to tell if any HoJ members were online or not. Can't remember how one was supposed to contact the guild, but on the other hand, I don't think I'll necessarily log on anymore (nearly got a rank from taking part in T4 scenarios, but sucks that I am still the only Order healer in most matches and only get flak from team-mates because "all Orders healers suck"....).

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2009, 09:21:00 AM »
when we transferred the guild got auto disbanded and we had to reform it.

me and beo/mangala managed to bribe some randoms with gold to help set it up again and are the only two original people in the guild.

my sub just ran out today and i dont think i will resub because mythic seem to be intent on shoveling out new content but not fixing things that needed fixing from beta days.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2009, 04:05:35 PM »
Seems leaving the patch thing to work all day does the job, shant be on tonight, but will be about tomorrow - apparently theyve made changes to t4 so look out for me on beo (stupid patch thing wasted 3 days of my 10days :D)

Offline Jeremiah

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 12:49:53 PM »
Well I just dinged 40 with Jeremiah (aka Jereboam) - I will probably use him for occasional RvR.  Can we arrange a time to meet in game Mang?  I could do with being in a guild with Jere and my other alts.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009, 01:02:08 PM »
Well I just dinged 40 with Jeremiah (aka Jereboam) - I will probably use him for occasional RvR.  Can we arrange a time to meet in game Mang?  I could do with being in a guild with Jere and my other alts.

Sure - 6ish this evening ok?  I'll be on either Beosvir or Burnavir.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2009, 02:04:13 PM »
Sure - 6ish this evening ok?  I'll be on either Beosvir or Burnavir.
Game time? I'll try to get there then too. Who knows when I get the urge to get back to WAR  :)  Besides, it is suprisingly fun to do T1 scenarios, altough T4 is nothing to call home about :(