Author Topic: Oh em gee white lions  (Read 1865 times)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Oh em gee white lions
« on: October 19, 2008, 06:11:06 PM »
They dish out so much damage, it's hurting my eyes! I actually kill people in rvr and anyone who rvrs with me knows how much I suck at rvr.

Squighunter feels similar, but doesn't do as much damage at all. At least it doesn't feel like it.
A white lion is like a hot knife cutting through really soft cold stuff!
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Nushka

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
Re: Oh em gee white lions
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 07:12:25 PM »
I want to love White Lions but I find the lion way too hard to control. Mind you I haven't macro'd commands yet. I did install the loyal pet addon, but as I use right click to move the dratted cat was attacking stuff left right and centre. Apparently enabling the fast cast on loyal pet really helps their dps. I have no idea cos I don;t crunch numbers!

I will give it another go:-)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 07:32:57 PM »
i found that to control my cat i have to change him to passive occasionally or else he goes chasing those sorcerers who try to kill me when i want him to help me on the healers ;)

healers fear my WL hear me roar (well my cat does)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 08:17:24 AM »
I want to love White Lions but I find the lion way too hard to control. Mind you I haven't macro'd commands yet. I did install the loyal pet addon, but as I use right click to move the dratted cat was attacking stuff left right and centre. Apparently enabling the fast cast on loyal pet really helps their dps. I have no idea cos I don;t crunch numbers!

I will give it another go:-)

The latest version of that addon has click commands disabled by default, and the fastcast stuff enabled by default, so out of the box it really works perfectly for me. I don't care for the click command stuff, I just keep the lion on passive all the time and micro-manage who/when he attacks. imo it's fairly necessary to be effective in PVP. You don't have to crunch numbers to see the difference, just watch his abilities (not) firing without the mod, then watch the difference with the mod enabled - it's really night and day.

Anyway, echoing the sentiment that white lions are great fun, and they do good damage. It's a shame there aren't more of them, but the pet issues make this entirely understandable. It's frustrating to work with.

Order Torgal / Allein / Iapetus / Mellir / Ganymede
Destruction Stikklebrix / Mimas

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 10:28:00 AM »
What pet issues?

All I can see is a devastating whirlwind of white haired destruction. ^_^
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 10:56:50 AM »
If you've never seen your lion dance around a mob, all the while not attacking it properly, or strafe it's way through an entire camp of mobs pulling the lot of them for no apparent reason - then all I can say is you're a lucky man.

It's better than it was, even in the short time that I've been playing the class, but in no way is it fixed. They still have work to do with regard to pets.

Order Torgal / Allein / Iapetus / Mellir / Ganymede
Destruction Stikklebrix / Mimas

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 05:39:13 PM »
It has been running around mobs a bit, but that's pretty convenient as it allows me to take the special butt and kidney attacks out of my bag without having to run around the target myself. Hasn't pulled an entire camp yet so far. :)

Admittedly, squig is a bit more docile. White lion may behave a bit odd, but unplayable it is definitely not.