Author Topic: The Guild Merger Thread  (Read 24255 times)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
The Guild Merger Thread
« on: March 12, 2012, 12:45:39 PM »
Ok.

Lots of talk going on about the future of HoJ, and whether its worth jumping ship to another big guild. I understand this.

However, I'm wondering whether it might be a good idea to merge with a couple of smaller guilds to create a new, bigger guild.

I've been talking to a couple of guys from The Last Alliance (who we allied with in pre-launch), and they've expressed interest in a guild merger with them and Circle of Trust. I've not spoken to either guild leadership about this, just everyday members.

So, if this was feasible, how would you, the guild, feel about creating a new guild with TLA and CoT called, wait for it, Antarian Rangers?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Antarian_Rangers
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 09:46:57 PM by Kurtt »

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
Re: Project: Antarian Rangers
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 12:48:15 PM »
I think I would actually re-roll a Trooper and pay you guys a visit now and again if this happens :p

Only reason i dont play my consular is that it's boring as hell

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 12:49:26 PM »
Jedi line is awful in general imo (too goody tooshoes, and the dark options are douchey not evil).
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 12:49:54 PM »
id be fine with that i raided in LOTRO with both groups and they are like minded old gits.

My thoughts anyways were to approaching them as to my individual direction so this is even better ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 12:50:35 PM »
Do they play eve?

* Mangala needs more fodder for the fodder gods.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 12:57:03 PM »
Jedi line is awful in general imo (too goody tooshoes, and the dark options are douchey not evil).

dont get me started on Jedi stories

Consular
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoilers content.

Knight
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoilers content.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 12:57:25 PM »
Do they play eve?

* Mangala needs more fodder for the fodder gods.

must resist temptations

Offline Clostridium

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 02:39:56 PM »
Me, as a nooby in guild, dont have a real say or opinion in this matter. I would love to explore the end-game content of SWTOR and we need a guild to do it. One way or another. Recruit or merge. I like it so far in HoJ and would love to stay so do what needs to be done. If there is anything i can help with in this process please ask. I'll do my best to see it done.

Cheers Clost

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 02:43:21 PM »
Me, as a nooby in guild, dont have a real say or opinion in this matter. I would love to explore the end-game content of SWTOR and we need a guild to do it. One way or another. Recruit or merge. I like it so far in HoJ and would love to stay so do what needs to be done. If there is anything i can help with in this process please ask. I'll do my best to see it done.

Cheers Clost

of course you have a say matey, we appreciate any input or opinions you have  ;)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 02:43:48 PM »
Yeah dude, everyone has a say. Not just the handful of grumpy gits that has been in HoJ for far too long. :D

I think the lack of numbers to explore endgame content will be an issue for everyone at some point. Even though the game offers a good single player experience.

I've already been chatting about it with Kurtt and Mangala on Mumble and it does seem that a fusion of several like minded guilds into one larger new guild seems one of the best options.

Resurrecting HoJ (apparently we had 150 unique people once o_O) can be done, but would require proper effort from numerous people (i.e. not just Kurttwubbles  ;D). And I personally think that's going to be a toughie since we're all dealing with RL things or other game time investments one way or the other.

If TLA and COT share the same mindset and some of us have been in TLA in LOTRO, I'm all up for talking to them.

I do think for the vibe to be good, it's something that should not take too much discussion or convincing on the side of any guild involved.
Both for the enjoyment of the game on the short term (so we have more people to play with quickly) and for the general well being of the new guild on the longer term.
Either way, even with 3 guilds (or whatever number) merging, the guild will need TLC. So that means active recruitment and organised events. But at least there will be a larger pool of people build on for stuff like that.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 03:06:35 PM by Goatboy »
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline hadron

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 03:47:50 PM »
Hi there, I was talking to Kurtt about this a few days ago and earlier today, I'm one of the members of TLA and although we are not dead by any means now is the right time to inject some new life. I personally (and it is my personal opinion only) favour either a merger or a migration to a new guild. Right now there are quite a few smaller guilds realising that with the loss of a few players they are never going to be 16man ops ready and may struggle with 8. Without our current alliance with CoT we wouldnt be running EV, though so far our progress has been mixed, its all learning :)

I want to see something happen soon, this week, or imo, those of us who are looking for a bigger group to work with will simply move on

Offline hadron

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 04:02:25 PM »
btw, that name truly sucks!

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 04:04:55 PM »
btw, that name truly sucks!

Is that Kurtt's enrage timer I hear?

Scuse me. *hides*

Seriously though, cheers for taking the time to sign up and post. :)
Glad to hear there's a sense of urgency for you personally as well.

How's the alliance with COT gone so far? Getting along? Same mindset?
All I know is Caradir and Kurtt have been in TLA in LOTRO. No clue about COT. So looking for a comparison. :)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 04:11:44 PM by Goatboy »
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline hadron

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2012, 04:33:17 PM »
Hey, yeah alliance with CoT works really well, basically we are all a bunch of grumpy old gits! :)

But at the end of the day we are just making life harder for ourselves in the name of preserving a guild identity (which imo is that of a guild without a long term future unless it gains numbers). There are few guild features in game, there are no alliance features and none planned. When the new features, such as a guild bank, etc do land it would be nice to have a decent number of people to use them

In reality what will happen here is either some form of merge will take place or those of us who want something more will just move on or end up forming annother guild with too few to make it work long term.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 04:40:39 PM by hadron »

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2012, 04:50:47 PM »
Yeah from the people who have voiced their opinion so far over here, we think about it the same way.
I do want to point out though that even after a merge, new blood is needed on a regular basis as people will drop from swtor either way. A new fusion guild isn't a magical fix for normal guild member lifespan.  ;D