Author Topic: Alliance Tourney VIII  (Read 6002 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Alliance Tourney VIII
« on: April 29, 2010, 08:43:13 AM »
Ladies and Gentlemen and otherwise, it is my honour and privilege to present to you the list of competing alliances for Alliance Tournament VIII!

Listed alphabetically:

Against ALL Authorities
Agony Empire
Arbeitaholics Anonymous
Atlas Alliance
B A N E
Beyond Virginity
BricK sQuAD.
Circle-Of-Two
Cry Havoc.
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
DarkSide.
Dead Terrorists
death from above..
Dystopia Alliance
Electric Monkey Overlords
Electus Matari
Erebus Alliance
Eve Engineering
Get Off My Lawn
GoonSwarm
Honourable Templum of Alcedonia
HUN Reloaded
Huzzah Federation
HYDRA RELOADED
Important Internet Spaceship League
Indecisive Certainty
Interstellar Alcohol Conglomerate
Intrepid Crossing
Ivy League
Leguinea Romana
Majesta Empire
Manifest Destiny.
Monks of War.
Morsus Mihi
Mos Vape Heavy Industries
Negative Ten.
Noir. Mercenary Group
Old Intentions
OWN Alliance
Paisti Syndicate
Panda Team
Pandemic Legion
Perihelion Alliance
Pitch Black Legion
Plutonix
RAZOR Alliance
RED.OVERLORD
Rote Kapelle
Silver Twilight Enterprises
Snatch Victory
SOLAR FLEET
Soldiers of Thunderstorm
T o r m e n t u m
The G0dfathers
The Kadeshi
THE R0NIN
THE SPACE P0LICE
The Star Fraction
The Tusker Bastards
The Wrong Alliance
Unaffiliated
Ushra'Khan
Veni Vidi Vici
WE FORM VOLTRON

Reserves:

TBA

Some stats:

We had 77 applications for AT8

We had 8 auction participants, less than the number of auction slots, and all auction participants paid a total of 3.1 billion to guarantee a tournament spot

AT8 is the first time that all pre-qualified top finishers from a previous tournament have still existed and applied :)

This will be websitified (new words ftw) and also the pairings will be done towards the end of next week.

Go Go Dead Terrorists!

Discussion and random blahblah: http://www.scrapheap-challenge.com/viewtopic.php?t=34282&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 08:45:14 AM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Alliance Tourney VIII
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 09:09:54 AM »
CH
Darkside
SoT
Rote Kapelle
Panda Team

My picks for this year.  Like alot of SHC's regulars are suggesting too.  They are good groups of folks, good at PVP and small scale stuff, which is a must for Tourney work.

Kudos on beating me to an AT8 post :D
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 10:15:44 AM »
PL will probably win again is my bet.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 10:35:10 AM »
Tournament Rules

1. This is a two stage tournament, with 64 alliances allowed to enter.

2. There will be two qualifying rounds, followed by the 32 team finals.

3. The top 32 teams by Win/Loss and points scored advance to the finals.

4. All competing pilots must have been members of the alliance for which they are competing for a minimum of 60 continuous days prior to the beginning of the tournament. For Alliance Tournament 8 this means that pilots must have been a member of their alliance before downtime on 06/04/10

See here for full format details.

Match Rules

1. Alliances can field up to ten pilots on the battlefield. All alliance members are eligible to compete in any match in which their alliance is taking part, subject to all applicable rules; teams do not have to remain the same between games.

2. Fights are limited to 15 minutes in the qualifying rounds, after which the fight will be stopped and whichever alliance has the higher total points value will be declared winner. See "Victory Conditions", below.

3. Fights are limited to 20 minutes during the finals. The winners will be declared based on the following:

4. Intentional pod killing is NOT allowed and may result in the offender being punished. All podkills will be reimbursed.

Penalties

A player found breaking any rules can be penalized to various degrees, depending on the severity of the offence. All penalties are incurred at the tournament organizer's discretion. Decisions are final. Penalties may be levied against a player or team and may include but are not limited to:

* Points deduction

* Reducing the offending ship(s) shield / armor / hull / capacitor to 50%

* Removal from the fight

* Ban from competing for one or more matches.

* Ban from competing for the remainder of the tournament, and/or any future tournaments.

Place & Tactics

1. Participants should be prepared, in their chosen ships and in a gang if they so choose, 30 minutes before their scheduled fight time. Teams will be brought by a GM to a star system in uncharted space and designated as Team 1 and Team 2.

2. There are eight beacons in the system, which serve as start off points. Four beacons are marked for Team 1 and four marked for Team 2. The teams must assemble at any of the four beacons designated for their team.

3. Once the word is given, teams warp in to the at a range of their choosing, up to a maximum of 50 km. Team members are allowed to warp in at different ranges.

4. The arena will measure 125 km radius around the central beacon.

5. After the teams have warped in to the arena, they wait for clearance to begin the fight. During this period, EvETV camera crews will set up and the host will drop a warp disruption bubble in the arena.

6. The host will begin a countdown. When the countdown ends, the host will break target locks of all ships in the arena

7. If a player warps out/leaves the arena, his/her ship will be destroyed. This includes disconnection emergency warps.

8. Warping within the arena is NOT allowed.

9. Dropping cargo containers or other anchorable items is NOT allowed. Dropping regular jettison containers is allowed.

10. Locking players before the match starts is NOT allowed.

11. Activating aggressive or targeted modules before the match starts is NOT allowed.

12. Launching drones before the match starts is NOT allowed.

13. Moving before the match starts is NOT allowed.

14. Boarding a ship during the match is not allowed.

Ships & Points

1. Each team has 100 points with which to select their ships. Teams must use a minimum of 50 points.

2. Each team may have up to 10 ships on the battlefield.

3. Teams may field no more than 3 of a given ship. This applies to specifically named ships only, and not ship hulls. For example, 3 Curses, 3 Pilgrims, and 3 Arbitrators would be legal.

4. Teams may field no more than 1 logistics ship.

5. Unused points will be added to the opponents score.

6. Ship points values are as follows. Ship types not listed in the table are not allowed.

Battleship, Faction - 21

Marauder - 19

Battleship – 18

Black Ops Battleship - 18

Command Ship - 16

Strategic Cruiser - 16

Cruiser, Faction - 14

Heavy Assault Cruiser - 14

Battlecruiser (Tier 2) - 13

Recon Ship - 13

Heavy Interdictor - 13

Logistics Cruiser - 12

Battlecruiser (Tier 1) - 11

Cruiser – 9

Bomber - 6

Electronic Attack Frigate - 5

Frigate, Faction - 4

Assault Frigate - 4

Interdictor - 3

Interceptor - 3

Frigate - 3

Hauler - 3

Destroyer - 2

7. The definitions of 'Tier 1' and 'Tier 2' Battlecruisers are as follows: Tier 1 Battlecruisers are: Cyclone, Brutix, Ferox, Prophecy. Tier 2 Battlecruisers are: Hurricane, Myrmidon, Drake, Harbinger.

Fitting Restrictions

1. All T1 and T2 modules are allowed, with the following exception:

1.1. All Remote Armor Repair modules and Remote Shield Transfer modules are NOT allowed, EXCEPT on ONE of EITHER a logistics ship or a strategic cruiser.

1.2. Faction, COSMOS, deadspace and officer modules are NOT allowed.

2. T1 Rigs are allowed. T2 Rigs are NOT allowed.

3. All T1 and T2 ammunition, missiles and charges are allowed. Faction ammunition and missiles are allowed.

4. All drones are allowed, including Logistics drones, with the following exception:

4.1. Augmented and/or Integrated drones are NOT allowed.

5. Attribute Enhancers that give bonuses to anything other than perception, intelligence, willpower, memory, and charisma are NOT allowed.

6. All Hardwirings are allowed.

7. Boosters are NOT allowed.

8. Cloaking is NOT allowed.

9. Cap Boosters are allowed.

Flagships

1. Any standard T1 or Faction battleship hull may be designated as a flagship.

2. Flagships are able to fit faction, officer, cosmos, and deadspace versions of the following modules, ignoring tournament rules to the contrary:

*All Highslot Modules (not including remote armour repair modules, remote shield transfer modules, or cloaking devices)

*Electronic Warfare Modules

*Weapon Upgrade Modules

*ONE Shield Booster or up to TWO Armour Repairers

3. All flagships must be given an appropriate name, which must fall within Eve Online’s standard naming policies. It may not be renamed during the tournament. You may NOT name any ship in your tournament teams with the same name as your submitted flagship.

4. Flagship designs must be created in advance and their ship hull and exact fittings submitted to CCP Alliance Tournament via Evemail no later than 03/06/2010.

5. All flagship names and fittings will be published in the Flagships section of the Eve Online Alliance Tournament site.

6. A flagship may be fielded in any match, and counts as a normal ship in every way other than the ones defined above.

7. A flagship costs the same points value as for a normal ship of its type.

8. You are under no obligation to field your flagship in any given match.

9. If your flagship is destroyed, it may not be fielded again during the tournament.

Victory Conditions

1. During a match, a team scores points for each enemy ship it kills, equal to the tournament points value of that ship. The team that has scored the most points at the conclusion of the match, or that destroys the entire opposing team, is the winner.

2. If a team chooses to field less than 100 points, unfielded points count towards the opponent’s score.

That flagship thing is new, innit? Sounds fun :)
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 10:55:24 AM »
Probably a way to get more faction bs into the tourny.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 06:42:55 PM »
Its a Devblog, but its also a Stevie SG devblog, so no fancy [devblog] here ;)

Hey there, it's your friendly neighborhood StevieSG,

We, the mighty at CCP, have been working hard to bring you the eighth Alliance Tournament which kicks off its qualifiers this weekend.  Over the next three weeks, sixty-four of EVE's brightest and best alliance teams will battle it out to the final weekend on June 19 and 20 to claim the title of Alliance Tournament Champions.

Tournament Streaming

I am delighted to announce that this year we will broadcast not only the finals but all three weeks of matches LIVE via EVE TV from 14:50 GMT until 21:00 GMT each day in glorious High Definition. You can tune in here to watch those matches.

Our regular "studio show" returns on the final weekend, complete with guest dev team members, a chance for viewers to win some awesome prizes from NVIDIA and more!

Tournament Prizes

It's not only the spectators who stand to benefit from this awesome event; EVE's content team are delighted to announce that along with a pile of ISK, a mountain of respect and a fountain of kudos from the EVE community, the winners of the tournament will receive these beautiful rare ships designed by CCP Nozh:

There will only be fifty (50) of each ship in the EVE universe, 50 Adrestia's belonging to the winning team and 50 Utu's to those in second place.  Adrestia means "wargoddess,"  "the sister of Deimos and Phobos"  and "she whom none can escape"  in Greek mythology, and  Utu  means the "god of Sun and Justice, brother of Ishkur."

The winning team receives:

* 50x Adrestia Heavy Assault Cruiser
    * Gold Medal for each participant
    * 50 Billion ISK

The second place team receives:

* 50x Utu Assault Frigate
    * Silver Medal for each participant
    * 25 Billion ISK

The third place team receives:

* Bronze Medal for each participant
    * 25 Billion ISK

The fourth place team receives:

* 10 Billion ISK

How To Tune In

If you want to see who ends up winning these stunning ships, connect to our live video feed on those weekends, stay tuned for news Items on upcoming matches and especially tune in to our Finals Studio Show on the 19th and 20th where you can watch special dev guests, bask in the glory of our glorious host CCP Soundwave and take a look at some never before seen featurettes including a  special on the CCP video team behind the Tyrannis trailer. Not something you want to miss!

WARP DRIVE ACTIVE PODCAST

If you can't wait for the weekend, Warp Drive Active is proud to bring you our first Alliance Tournament Podcast. You can tune in right now to listen to CCP Claw, CCP Soundwave, CCP Charlie and myself talk about the tournament with host Winterblink as well as get a chance to meet some of our expert commentators:  KIL2, Verone, AngelHUN and Darius JOHNSON.

For the first weekend of matches, team rankings and more - see the Alliance Tournament 8 Mini-Site.

Forums and IRC Chat on Coldfront.net

If you want to chat with fellow viewers while listening and watching the shows, we'll be invading the #eve-online IRC channel on Coldfront for the three weekends. Check the Coldfront website for information on using IRC or to use their built in chat interface. You can also go straight to our Tournament Forum to find rules, discussion threads and community run events around the tournament.

For Those Of You Who Can't Tune In...

All match replays will be available on CCP's YouTube Channel within a couple of days of broadcast. CCP Charlie will have a thread in the Alliance Tournament forum with information and links to individual playlists. As with last year, the Interstellar Correspondents will be providing their own coverage of the whole event, you can check out their site from last year here.  You can also join us on Tournament Twitter and keep an eye on the Official EVE Online Facebook page to keep up to date with everything.

Eve Voice and Radio Shows

If you just want to listen to the matches, you can tune in direct to our EVE Voice feed in channel Alliance Tournament in game.  We also have several awesome community radio stations that may be providing talk shows or coverage and adding their own thoughts, analysis and a few songs here and there to fill in the gaps. Make sure you check the forums for announcements from these stations on the coverage they are planning for you! These stations are Eve Radio - www.eve-radio.com  Split Infinity Radio - http://www.siradio.fm and New Eden Radio - http://www.newedenradio.com

Hope you enjoy watching it!

Im far to lazy to c&p all the links in, bust most are pointless anyways :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 09:15:51 AM »
Im gonna miss Saturday.

On a fucking plane.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2010, 03:50:08 PM »
Im gonna miss Saturday.

On a fucking plane.

I was wrong, I'll miss most of Saturday, but did see the -A- game (borning) and the last match the Hyrda v AU game - epic fun :D

Quote from: Christina Bamar
Quote from: Jonathan Mcarthur
Rumor on the street is that some one paid for Agony's ransom, don't know if it was true or not.

We didn't pay anything.

Basically our Proteus went right up to around 120km from the arena and let a couple of the Hydra guys fly out of the arena and get blown up.

After that Hydra all self-destructed.

Never thought I'd laugh so hard while losing :D
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 03:52:30 PM by Mangala »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2010, 05:10:10 PM »
Jesus christ Angelhun's an idiot.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2010, 10:54:54 AM »
booh  :'(

PL just WIPED my favorites Dead Terrorists  :(

edit1: sheesh, AA vs. GomL - Those three Rooks were just... annoying... Only thing to counter it would be a GN20 with FOFs I guess... (or ECCM) Bit silly still...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 11:24:26 AM by Warcold »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2010, 03:21:57 PM »
Stream seems random now I am home.  Keeps cutting out on hi, med and low.  Yet nothing else on my connection is screwed.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2010, 03:40:32 PM »
I'm getting a decent mid stream on my 1Mb connection, even with lots of windows open on 2 browsers + EvE running.

No clue what is the matter on your end  :-[

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2010, 03:44:55 PM »
Probably me doing 15things at once then.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2010, 11:28:42 AM »
What fun.

Convo spamming, mail bombing and generally finding ways to grief certain players on certain teams while on Ganknight.

Then of course any "HERO" pilots got mails and convos off us, until they failed at HERO.  Was funny ;D