Author Topic: Recruit policy  (Read 3040 times)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Recruit policy
« on: January 28, 2009, 06:46:52 AM »
I was wondering what our recruitment policy is, especially regarding new players?

Me and Peo (plus the others who originally came to HoJ WAR as a bunch) have originally met at Paradox forums. We are, or at least have been :p , strategy game geeks who play Paradox games (Europa Universalis series, Hearts of Iron series, Crusader Kings, Victoria), ie a bit more "hard-core" strategy games (at least compared to your average of the mill RTS games :) ).

Anyway, not suprisingly (considering the people there are interested in games that require a bit more thinking) there have been a bunch of people who have played EVE. And lately the EVE thread in the Paradox forums OT section (http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/ altough you can't get to the OT section unless you have been registered for quite a while; the Paradox OT forums are heavily moderated which keeps the discussion civil there, and not just any passer by are granted access to the OT section) have been quite lively. So lively in fact that quite a few people have begun playing EVE.

Now both me and Peo know quite a few of the people there from the past. Would it be ok for us to direct some people this way, or to perhaps contact MAADI officers in-game? They would be newbs in all essence of the word, but nice adult people who know how to behave and use their brains (hopefully :P).

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
Re: Recruit policy
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 09:22:09 AM »
This sounds like an excellent way for us to meet new friends and recruit new talent.
Before you do this though, let's just work through a few things:

1. Public channel - we need a public channel where people can drop in, hang out and chat with us. I suggest something like MAADI Public
2. Private Channel - we need a private channel that's passworded, we can continue to use Eve Newbs, but it should be passworded with something that we know and can change.
3. Community - ensure that any new recruits are introduced in the forum here, and spend time hanging out and chatting. We need to ensure that they integrate, rather than simply just bounce in and bounce out.
3. Directorate - we need to define what the directorate looks like and what roles and responsibilities we currently have.
   At the moment, we have:
   - Rubino - Diplomat
   - Beo - CEO
   - Vac - Adviser and Old Fart
   - Constantine - Explorer & Producer in Chief
   - Akamine - Lead Miner

Are there any others that I've missed other than those mentioned?

Are there any members who:
1. Have fleet / small PVP gang command experience?
2. Have good accountancy skills?
3. Have run 'new member' programmes before or work in a customer relations role?

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 09:35:07 AM »
Is there any reason to differentiate between people with No-Eve experience vs those with an existing account?
Just thinking along the lines of Agony courses, certificate requirements, etc for people without eve experience.
Mostly because the learning curve can be steep to start with.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 12:01:22 PM »
Maybe we should also define a max growth level, like a max number (2? 3?) of new recruits per month. This will hinder growth, sometimes in a bad way, but at the same time it will prevent ending up with 50% strangers in our corp, which to me is much more important as a drawback.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 12:10:32 PM »
Maybe we should also define a max growth level, like a max number (2? 3?) of new recruits per month. This will hinder growth, sometimes in a bad way, but at the same time it will prevent ending up with 50% strangers in our corp, which to me is much more important as a drawback.
Probably a good idea.
Better to have a tight group than a loose one.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 03:55:09 PM »
ALso - we have to bear in mind, the corp can currently support a limit of 50 members (alts and mains), I'll need to add more skills to Angaraka to increase this limit (Megacorp management iirc)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 04:04:51 PM »
ALso - we have to bear in mind, the corp can currently support a limit of 50 members (alts and mains), I'll need to add more skills to Angaraka to increase this limit (Megacorp management iirc)

How many chars do we have??

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 04:07:23 PM »
38 currently (to be 37, removing a char of a friend of my brothers later, as he no longer plays eve).

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 04:46:45 PM »
This sounds like an excellent way for us to meet new friends and recruit new talent.
Before you do this though, let's just work through a few things:

1. Public channel - we need a public channel where people can drop in, hang out and chat with us. I suggest something like MAADI Public
2. Private Channel - we need a private channel that's passworded, we can continue to use Eve Newbs, but it should be passworded with something that we know and can change.
3. Community - ensure that any new recruits are introduced in the forum here, and spend time hanging out and chatting. We need to ensure that they integrate, rather than simply just bounce in and bounce out.
3. Directorate - we need to define what the directorate looks like and what roles and responsibilities we currently have.
   At the moment, we have:
   - Rubino - Diplomat
   - Beo - CEO
   - Vac - Adviser and Old Fart
   - Constantine - Explorer & Producer in Chief
   - Akamine - Lead Miner

Are there any others that I've missed other than those mentioned?

Are there any members who:
1. Have fleet / small PVP gang command experience?
2. Have good accountancy skills?
3. Have run 'new member' programmes before or work in a customer relations role?

I am? :o
...........no pressure then  :P

Note to self : Best i hurry along with that second hulk then before Beo gives me my first official reprimand for lack of ore....
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 04:50:44 PM »
Doesnt that mean you can tell others to jump into their Hulks and head out towards the asteroid belts while sitting afk in a command ship providing mining bonuses?  :D

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 04:51:25 PM »
Mining ops!!

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 04:52:16 PM »

Offline Sinedia

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 06:49:32 PM »

I know I am quite new and haven't earned enough trust and stuff... but if you gave me control for about 2 mins I could make that 200... I do got the skills :)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2009, 08:13:47 AM »
I went and posted on the forum that if there are any interested people, they should post an application here (or rather, the application sub-forum that is). I then promised that if their application is looked at favourably they will be invited to chat with corp members, and possibly invited to some corp operation, where they are then supposed to show they are nice and reliable people. Eventually that might lead to an invite to the corp.

I hope I haven't stepped too far over the line of what is acceptable. If so, please do reprimand me immediatly, so that I can remove the post from Pdox forums.

EDIT: My post there was well timed. The forums have been taken down for maintanance, and will stay off-line at least for today :P
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 09:07:00 AM by Jarkko »

Offline Sinedia

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2009, 09:39:14 AM »
As I already said in game I am recruiting from the corp I left...
Appearantly the corp can't run without me ^^ (good for my ego) and so I have taken the liberty to recruit the good and trustworthy members of my old corp.

One of em already said he'd come... but he wanted some time to get things organized (he needs a week or even more)...
Hope I can convince others that Caldari space isn't that bad ^^