Author Topic: Ummmm  (Read 3326 times)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Ummmm
« on: December 22, 2008, 09:15:55 PM »
After consolodating and liquidating a ton of old assets - I ended up with some loose change and decided to do some investing.

The end result is that the corp now has 2 more BPO's:
Orca (ME:1, PE:0)
Capital Cargo Bay (ME:50, PE:10)

The Orca is a relatively cheap chip to build (the part requirements are few and low quantities) and sells well in Empire for between 600 - 700m
The Capital Cargo Bay BPO is part way to dealing with the building requirements of the Orca (it's the highest quanity item in the Orca BPO).

Initially we'll need to get some BPC's for the other parts (they tend to sell around 5-8m for a 5 run BPC) but the longer term aim is to have the BPO for all the parts needed.
Over time we'll be able to expand out and build larger ships (freighters, carriers, Capital Industrials, etc).

Beo - does your contacts sell BPC's for the Cap Ship Parts?

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Ummmm
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 09:26:43 PM »
Crazy - just crazy, thats quite an investment! Although comes a matter of days before Thera is in hers ;)

He doesnt do them on a regular basis, but I'll email and ask (need to follow up on something for Vac, so need to anyways) if he could do a set and our costs.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 09:30:27 PM »
Which reminds me - do you have the Cap Ship Construction skill on any of your chars - or able to train it?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 09:36:50 PM »
Which reminds me - do you have the Cap Ship Construction skill on any of your chars - or able to train it?

Not even close (EVEmon ftw), I do think Constantine is closer than I am though, he is already skilling through Production Effiecieny.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 09:47:37 PM »
Aye - looking at his skills via inEve - he's only missing PE 5 (currently lvl 4).
Cap Ship Constuction lvl 1 is needed - and the skill book is around 67m.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 09:48:52 PM »
Aye - looking at his skills via inEve - he's only missing PE 5 (currently lvl 4).
Cap Ship Constuction lvl 1 is needed - and the skill book is around 67m.

I'll get him to use the Corp Wallet to purchase that (Mang hasnt got rights for wallet access currently :D) when he logs next.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 10:12:04 PM »
i currently finish PRoduction Efficiency V on 4/01 at 0150, so ill prob delay it as some point so it finishes about 12 hours later then i can train Cap ship production
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 10:14:37 PM »
i currently finish PRoduction Efficiency V on 4/01 at 0150, so ill prob delay it as some point so it finishes about 12 hours later then i can train Cap ship production

As said above, Corp will pay for that skill.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2008, 10:18:53 PM »
The end result is that the corp now has 2 more BPO's:
Orca (ME:1, PE:0)
Capital Cargo Bay (ME:50, PE:10)

*Saf burns a candle on the shrine for Rub that Beo built*
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2008, 10:26:48 PM »

Want me to ring you when the skill finishes ;)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2008, 10:27:52 PM »
Want me to ring you when the skill finishes ;)

lol ill prob still be awake and drunk ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2008, 10:29:39 PM »

As said above, Corp will pay for that skill.

dont need to tell me twice ;)  BOUGHT

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2008, 10:42:13 PM »
You bought it twice? :o

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2008, 11:22:37 PM »
no the smiley face after twice is representative of a full stop ;)

dont need to tell me twice.   BOUGHT

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2008, 12:31:54 AM »
You can add a Drake BPO to the list - ME:25, PE:5 I think.
The ship sells for around 35m, there's usually a decent turn around and it's quick and cheap to build.
It should generate some decent revenue - not high volumes but slow and steady.

Again it's also something that many can fly - one of the requirements that I think of as important.  And another way to reward players.
We also have all the rig BPO's - so if you salvage - you can put what you salvage to use in a productive way.  T1 rigs can sell between 10 & 30M - so by doing something you like (ratting, missions, etc) you can profit.

I'm keeping my eyes open for some decent value Charon BPC's - again they are fairly simple to build (they have less requirements than the Orca and esp now we have one BPO for the part) and sell well.  Currently they are selling for between 800m & 1b.

The charon will be first as it's the only ship we have pilots for - which over time we can address.
The pilot issue is mainly about allowing us to address a market outside of our production facilities - the same thinking as that applied to the Orca.