Author Topic: BC possibly? renting off -A- info.  (Read 25525 times)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: BC possibly? renting off -A- info.
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 05:27:08 AM »
The easiness of making isk is exaggerated yes. Which is why initially the amount of belts are very important. I also know for a fact that even at max upgrade (military) you are unlikely to support more than 10 people doing plexes/ratting in any one system. We go with what? 50?

Paying by char, why should I pay for a cynoalt i'm 100% forced to use to actually get shit there? Hmm did he think about that?

If there are decent moons there we can easily pay for it by that however thats a BIG if. There could be a neo moon in there (they seem "common" to tenerifis) but the likelyhood of that well :)

I'd say we try it for a month, if we can easily make the cash there from moonhumping if there are half decent moons. For example running 1 full fernite carbide chain (2 towers) and buying chrom would yield about 800m/month for fairly little work. This ofc means we would have to have 1 scand moon and 1 moon with evaporate deposits+silicates on it. So it is possible with some effort (and from a previous talk with sin I'm fairly sure they aren't that interested in moonhumping...)

As for our other moons, wont leave the ones in derelik. Only the one in GW. (it doesn't bring a profit anyways). I'll leave the blob there and JC to it to fuel it once a month. Not that big a deal really.

So my "vote" would go to try it for one month, if there are easy ways to pay for the rent then well not much problem with it. If it isn't well :) We can have or lose 1bn really.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2011, 05:42:16 AM »
I just remembered a few more things.

The outpost sin thinks is going to be possible to dock at. We will see about that though. Otherwise its 8 jumps to the closest one. (don't go storing any caps or expensive ships in either ;) ) 8 jumps isn't that bad really. Some high sec carebears probably think it is but truth be told it isn't.

As for the JF thing yes, thats a personal thing. They were just talking about it since "if we are to pay 6bn in rent then buying a JF isn't that much more blahdibla..."
There are several rorqs in the corps, think it sounded like 4 including mine, but a corp needs to be able to handle their own logistics ofc (i'm sure as hell not going to jump 50 loads of shit around)

2 large towers will require 2 jumps with the rorq when sov is established (25% fuel savings which i forgot to account for in the above post... the profit per month would be very close to 1bn). Of course if Noj becomes active we have a JF (I didn't say anything about that, I have informed sin of the caps we have though).

one more thing, sin is adamant that an ice system is very good since that allows to make our own fuel in system. (disregarding that to mine enough for 1 large tower is well... I think mang knows better than me but I did some calculations on it and it would take ages upon ages upon ages.)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 05:45:44 AM by peo »

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2011, 06:22:02 AM »
Made some calculations based on mining.
Assuming a decent hulk mining hed and hemo he can make about 15-16m/h thats with him soloboosting himself and having someone to haul for him.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2011, 06:52:37 AM »
Spam spam...

Some more research.
Sins "only 1 jump from hed" is in fact 2 jumps for anything BUT a carrier with calibration at 4. No idea how he was thinking when checking range with ONLY the ship that has the longest base range... (given it has a cargohold the size of a fimble...)
What is a major problem is that there is litterally NO low sec systems in one jump radius from hed so we would be forced to store capitals there AND go there with a normal freighter...

Option to store in a capturable station is to have a ship maint array... Can hold a rorq or normal cap.
Question is... Can we limit access to them enough to prevent the possibility of theft? Still not optimal by far.

New meeting on sunday btw... Probably will want a decision by then.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 07:49:39 AM by peo »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2011, 08:03:28 AM »
Id say try it for a month - see how it goes and what not.  We can advise them on logistics etc, and then only do our own ;)

one more thing, sin is adamant that an ice system is very good since that allows to make our own fuel in system. (disregarding that to mine enough for 1 large tower is well... I think mang knows better than me but I did some calculations on it and it would take ages upon ages upon ages.)

To supply a large with 1 months worth of isotopes (and it has to be that tower = ice, so more expense there if people dont already have the relevant towers) takes at least 5 ice miners working several hours a day EVERY day of the week (hell for me to get the fuel for a med for a couple of weeks or so took like 12hrs on my own!), with in 0.0 case Orca backup for both boosts and necessary capacity to haul it between a pos and the belt etc.  Would be easier to just buy the fuel and jump it in.

The 6billion can easy increase to 8-10 or even more for the initial month when you factor in the costs of towers, fuel, and all the man hours spent shifting people.

But as said, try a month - I'll float MAADIs first month, so at least we can go in seeing how profitability can be without taking a dip in the old isk reserves first ;)

*On the subject of chars not been on for ages, i'll get to removing roles on a few later, and they'll be gone 24hrs after that - each with a mail explaining ofc. I'll also be dropping Ammiks roles, im moving her to another account anyway (to train more of her hulk skills then sell I think, or retask her into combat, I dont know yet), so thats 1 less char shortly.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 08:07:43 AM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2011, 08:23:47 AM »
Isn't ammik your rorq pilot as well??

But yes, I think 1 month is enough to see if we can be profitable long term and also in practice see how logistics work out. (we need moonmap for that and neighbouring systems as well...)

I'll tear down the f5 pos as soon as everything is confirmed (could use some help with hauling assembled ships if anyone is willing at that time). We aren't using it and the space there is crowded and useless anyway.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 08:26:28 AM by peo »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2011, 08:28:53 AM »
Isn't ammik your rorq pilot as well??

But yes, I think 1 month is enough to see if we can be profitable long term and also in practice see how logistics work out. (we need moonmap for that and neighbouring systems as well...)

I'll tear down the f5 pos as soon as everything is confirmed (could use some help with hauling assembled ships if anyone is willing at that time). We aren't using it and the space there is crowded and useless anyway.

Na, sold that one, was Thera.

She can be in a couple of weeks though, if necessary.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2011, 08:39:07 AM »
A pity :(
Just thought it could be good to have a backup rorq (mostly the ship ;) )

Anyways, no idea but given the relative proximity of highsec (while impossible to jump to...) the market in hed could be decently stocked.

Also, do you have any idea about AAAs previous history of treating renters?

(I'm not so confident in the "total ownership" part tbh)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2011, 09:20:53 AM »
As long as you pay they take care of you.  They do look out for them - the majority of the russians "care" for renters, more than some do. After all its a big source of income.  And given some shelter macros/isk farmers knowingly they do try.

HED's market should be well stocked iirc, its one of the hub southern systems, always has been in so far as Ive been playing 5 years :)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 09:22:28 AM by Mangala »

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2011, 09:22:52 AM »
As long as you pay they take care of you.  They do look out for them - the majority of the russians "care" for renters, more than some do. After all its a big source of income. 

HED's market should be well stocked iirc, its one of the hub southern systems, always has been in so far as Ive been playing 5 years :)

Hmm, good to know, depending on markup might not be that much of a need to haul fuel halfway across the galaxy...

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2011, 09:29:04 AM »
I'll take a roam down later in a cloaky and check catchs market if you want?

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2011, 06:08:49 AM »
At 19 evetime today we have another directors meeting (to make a decission and some other shit). Would be good if Mang and/or saf can attend as well. (I'm going to be there).

If I understand our reasoning we join and pay the ~1bn to start with (then probably have to add in tcu etc but thats no major cash anyways).
As soon as we have standings I'll go down there and probe moons (have a shitload of probes at f5 i'll bring back with the tower), while it isn't "allowed" I'll feign ignorance and probe empty systems as well (meaning the unclaimed ones). Only about 5% of the moons are reported in dotlan so you never know.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2011, 07:18:58 AM »
No promises I'll make it, not entirely sure what Im doing from the afternoon onwards - in fact I cant exactly remember why I am up at this time. Should be able to - although wont have anything to say ;)

You know my thoughts anyways - we should give it a go for a month at least, and see if that works on an alliance level.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2011, 12:27:45 PM »
Trying to figure out some logistics.
If jumping stuff in/out is needed this is the best route I've found however it all depends on what status Chribbas system in providence has :)

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/jump/Rorqual,434,S/ZMV9-A:HED-GP:9UY4-H:Faswiba

Ends up in Domain lowsec with direct connection to high sec, 2 jumps in -a- 0.0 both to outposts then to chribba and then to lowsec. Would at least need cynos in the low sec and chribbas system if using linnea in 0.0.

Also thinking about where to store capitals to not have to have them in capturable systems and found that there is one system in stain (http://evemaps.dotlan.net/system/DSS-EZ) which is in reach and according to Sin we were supposed to be blue with them as renters (damned if I know if that is true...)
Can't reach anything else even with calibration at 5 which is 40 days of training with my current attributes.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2011, 12:40:00 PM »
Stainwagon (stain, rol etc) are blue to aaa, have been for a long while.