Author Topic: Crew Skills  (Read 9162 times)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Crew Skills
« on: November 29, 2011, 12:24:08 PM »
Just thought I'd stick a quick post up to discuss what crew skills we'll be taking at launch.

I'll be rolling with Artifice, Archaeology and Treasure Hunting. So, if you need mods or high end Lightsabers, I'll be your man.

Yyan is going Synthweaving as far as I know. 

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Crew Skills
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 12:27:04 PM »
My smuggler is going Armstech i think ;)

so scavenging and Treasure hunting.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 12:33:52 PM by Caradir »
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 12:31:24 PM »
this may help ;)

"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 12:52:36 PM »
In beta I went Cybertech/Scav/UT. Enjoyed Cybertech, crated weapon/armor modifications aswell as upgrades/gear for droid companions. Interestingly, the item rating level actually increases with the modifications you put in them. I had a rating 28 blaster pistol ,and fully upgraded it with blue mods i made/bought and it ended up lv 50. You can also get some mods which add extra bonuses, like raw weapon dmg etc. I can see it being potentially lucrative, as I think most people will go for gear or weapon crafting.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 01:08:51 PM »
In beta I went Cybertech/Scav/UT. Enjoyed Cybertech, crated weapon/armor modifications aswell as upgrades/gear for droid companions. Interestingly, the item rating level actually increases with the modifications you put in them. I had a rating 28 blaster pistol ,and fully upgraded it with blue mods i made/bought and it ended up lv 50. You can also get some mods which add extra bonuses, like raw weapon dmg etc. I can see it being potentially lucrative, as I think most people will go for gear or weapon crafting.

i also noticed whilst doing artifice that the "hilt" mod determines the level needed to equip the saber and the level of the other mods that could then be applied.

So if you like the look of your starting saber it is completely possible to continually evolve it.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 01:54:33 PM »

i also noticed whilst doing artifice that the "hilt" mod determines the level needed to equip the saber and the level of the other mods that could then be applied.

So if you like the look of your starting saber it is completely possible to continually evolve it.

Yeah, I noticed that. Got a really nice Lightsaber for 16 Coruscant commendations, with a nice hilt model, and a slightly different activation/deactivation sound. I'll likely make that my regular saber and continue to upgrade it.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 06:43:55 PM »
im going synthweaving on my consular any idea on any of the others that will work well with it ?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 06:47:32 PM »
im going synthweaving on my consular any idea on any of the others that will work well with it ?

see my post above with piccy ;)

or

Archaeology for gathering

diplomacy for light armour

investigation for medium

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 06:51:04 PM »

see my post above with piccy ;)

or

Archaeology for gathering

diplomacy for light armour

investigation for medium

i really do need to open my eyes more :D

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 06:58:52 PM »
Still think Treasure Hunting works okay with Synthweaving, was getting me mats I needed just fine enough even for the synth heavy stuff.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 07:00:21 PM »
Still think Treasure Hunting works okay with Synthweaving, was getting me mats I needed just fine enough even for the synth heavy stuff.

Synthweaving doesnt make heavy armours

Armourcraft makes medium/heavy armour for non force users.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 07:20:06 PM »

Synthweaving doesnt make heavy armours

Armourcraft makes medium/heavy armour for non force users.

I assure you it was making heavy armour for my Sith Warrior. Which can and does use heavy armour.  Which was a surprise to me as Id seen things that didnt suggest it could not create that level of armour, in the lead up to the weekend too.

I know an sw is a forceuser, but the armour a synth does for them is great.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 07:26:15 PM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 09:28:31 PM »
Pretty sure Synthweaving does make heavy armour, with Str and End on it.

Armourtech makes heavy armour with Aim/End for Troopers and BHs.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 09:41:43 PM »
Pretty sure Synthweaving does make heavy armour, with Str and End on it.

Armourtech makes heavy armour with Aim/End for Troopers and BHs.

Thats what it is i took the wrong crafting skill on my Knight due to my misinterpretations ;)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2011, 12:05:59 AM »
mucked about on Biochem and OMFG

Reverse Engineered med pack up to purple and it says

"This marvel of biochemical engineering is not consumed on use"

single med pack 90 sec cooldown reusable mofo

not tried making one yet as materials are rare (purple quality alien blood) but im assuming its not bind and as such passable between alts :D