Author Topic: Ore & Minerals & Ma'adim  (Read 11979 times)

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
Re: Ore & Minerals & Ma'adim
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2008, 12:55:48 PM »
Could you add prices for unrefined ore using Thera's efficiency levels?
That way our miners can just ditch the raw ore without having to worry about having it refined first, and I can payout the same 80% rates at 100% refine efficiency.
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2008, 01:08:31 PM »
I still don't figure this out, so please, could somebody tell in steps what I should do and where to sell my salvaged stuff to the corp? I've made only one contract so far (Beo transported some minerals), but I don't have a clue on how I did that...

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2008, 01:09:17 PM »
That way our miners can just ditch the raw ore without having to worry about having it refined first, and I can payout the same 80% rates at 100% refine efficiency.

100% refine is still a long way off for Thera - standings and getting ALL reprocessing skills to V (She has Refine & Refine Efficiency to V at the moment). But I'll try to add a section for Ore Purchasing - given that theres 3 sub-types of each ore and each have their own market value and each sub-type refines into differing amounts of constituent minerals (See my point about Thera's skills), this will take a while :)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 01:45:43 PM by Beosvir »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2008, 01:09:56 PM »
I still don't figure this out, so please, could somebody tell in steps what I should do and where to sell my salvaged stuff to the corp? I've made only one contract so far (Beo transported some minerals), but I don't have a clue on how I did that...

Gimme a few and I'll stick a post on how to do that :)

Here: http://handsofjustice.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=530.0

Even has images.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 03:15:07 PM by Beosvir »

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2008, 02:06:19 PM »
It may be easier to give everyone a named station container in Anttiri to ditch their ore and salvage in.
I can easily go there once a week, see what each holds, and simply deposit funds into everyone's account while I take out the ores.

Or perhaps the contracts are even easier, but I haven't quite figured out how to use them myself.  ;D
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2008, 02:28:26 PM »
It may be easier to give everyone a named station container in Anttiri to ditch their ore and salvage in.
This sounds like something I could comprehend and understand :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2008, 02:51:36 PM »
I can easily go there once a week, see what each holds, and simply deposit funds into everyone's account while I take out the ores.

Or perhaps the contracts are even easier, but I haven't quite figured out how to use them myself.  ;D

Contracts are easier as there are ways of checking what was in each, and they go back as far as the corp goes back etc.

Although I do see the value of doing it with Containers too. They too have logs after a fashion, but they are very unwieldy to use.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 03:07:13 PM by Beosvir »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2008, 03:15:39 PM »

Made a start.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2008, 07:19:57 PM »
Contract your minerals/dc's/salvage to the Corp, and Aicha - once the program is fully sorted (Like I say I need a little time to aggregate salvage figures) - can pay out using the numbers in the contract window to plug into the spreadsheet. He then accepts the contract on behalf of the corp and moves the items about to the relevant hangar. 

So miner contracts to corp for 0 isk and Aicha gives miner relevant amount of money?
Me no understand no...

Wouldnt this
and let the miner set up a contract?  I think we should trust each other enough to let the seller do this, this way putting less load on the corp management.
be easier?

Or do you reccon this aint foolproof enough?
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2008, 07:42:48 PM »
Contract your minerals/dc's/salvage to the Corp, and Aicha - once the program is fully sorted (Like I say I need a little time to aggregate salvage figures) - can pay out using the numbers in the contract window to plug into the spreadsheet. He then accepts the contract on behalf of the corp and moves the items about to the relevant hangar. 

So miner contracts to corp for 0 isk and Aicha gives miner relevant amount of money?
Me no understand no...
Yes - thats basically it.  He pays out using the spreadsheet to do the tedious work - ie all the math and just inputs figures into it and pays out money :)

Wouldnt this
and let the miner set up a contract?  I think we should trust each other enough to let the seller do this, this way putting less load on the corp management.
be easier?

Or do you reccon this aint foolproof enough?

In both situations the miner is the one setting up the contract.

In the latter I understand that you mean the miner also sticks the total isk payout they require in their contract as the asking price?

If that is the case everyone would need to keep an eye on the prices published in the Purchase Program thread and do all the math themselves, and then setup the contract, plug in the total value, which then would need to be checked by the member accepting the contract just in case someone undercut themselves or overcharged the wallet, adding an extra step (I do trust people to not make mistakes with numbers, but hell thats one of the reasons I have an accountant in real-life!). This is assuming everyone doesnt use the spreadsheet I have put together that will do the math for you (but still needs manual updates of the market price).

I do trust people to do things right and proper (its a wonder Ive lasted this long in EVE like that!), however want to get the balance of play versus :effort: for all involved, and to be honest I found a central figure paying out on the contracts in the last player corp I was a director of, worked out alot better for all and given that Ma'adim is there for us all, spreading the current :effort: around those willing to do certain tasks is a good thing no?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 07:53:59 PM by Mangala »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2008, 12:07:36 PM »
Quick seriousish post.

Mac recently setup a contract of unrefined ores to the corp.  I took those figures and plugged them into various tools to get the refined minerals total based on Thera's skills. Then plugged into it my spreadsheet (Sitting at the parents with not much to do right now :S) as well as added all my data for the differing yield types of minerals.

The attached sheet shows the difference between payout. Yes based on Thera refining, but even with subpar refining skills, taxes etc it looks like selling refined mins over ore itself (even if you do it yourself) wins out.

I'll pay out to Mac based on the refined total regardless :)

* Mangala goes off to look for tea.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 12:14:47 PM by Mangala »

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2008, 08:13:54 PM »
So are you happy for us to refine it before we send it to the corp then?
To be honest im not going to quible over a few hundred thousand .
I want to do it which ever way makes it less work for those in corp who will be sorting it.
So you tell me. raw ore or refined minerals and ill abide by that.
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2008, 08:21:43 PM »
I want to do it which ever way makes it less work for those in corp who will be sorting it.

Pre-refined would be easier on everybody, although for massive volumes - say 500K units of each type of Ore or more, then Thera will gladly refine :)

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2008, 08:37:07 PM »

Pre-refined would be easier on everybody, although for massive volumes - say 500K units of each type of Ore or more, then Thera will gladly refine :)

ok bud consider it done. ill refine unless its coming to you in huge amounts then ill leave it raw.  ;D
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2008, 01:18:23 AM »
You may find it's wort h creating a character purely for refinery; a little training and then it can be a non-training account with great use:

http://www.eve-guides.com/chargen/chargen.php

Code: 121123103200

Has refining V and Veldspar Processing IV

33 days according to EveMon to take Myenne (who is the build above + learning skills) to ScrapMetal IV