Author Topic: Recruity Post on SWTOR site...  (Read 3260 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Recruity Post on SWTOR site...
« on: March 16, 2011, 07:54:40 AM »
I want to do one, anything that you think I should add in?  Please no cliche'd star wars quotes and nothing too nerdy :)

I'll post here my thoughts/ideas and what not too.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
Re: Recruity Post on SWTOR site...
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 08:05:18 AM »
No dicks need apply

*wave hand* we are not the guild your looking for.  (sorry couldnt help it)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 08:59:50 AM »
I'll have a think about it, but you know I can't guarentee it won't be nerdy and full of Star Wars quotes... :P

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 09:05:55 AM »
Oh, and to make sure we get players of the right age and mindset, you need to including the folllowing line:

'Oh, and if you think Greedo shot first, you need not apply...'

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 09:13:56 AM »
Wut

ofc he did.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 09:28:32 AM »
Wut

ofc he did.

tut tut , Han shot first everyone should know that
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 09:31:17 AM »
or did you not see the proper version ?   :D then you need not apply
"Han shot first" is a phrase used by Star Wars fans to refer to a controversial change made to a scene in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. In the scene, the characters Han Solo and Greedo meet at the Mos Eisley Cantina, where Greedo has come to collect the bounty on Solo. Solo and Greedo sit opposite each other at a table and hold an ominous conversation with Greedo aiming his blaster at Solo. During their conversation and unbeknownst to Greedo, Han stealthily readies his own blaster beneath the table.

In the original theatrical version of the film, Solo shoots Greedo under the table and Greedo dies without firing a shot. The scene was modified for the 1997 re-release to feature Han using his weapon in retaliation after Greedo fires at him; the latter rather implausibly missing Han at point-blank range (<2 meters away).[1][2] Thus, the phrase "Han shot first" is a retort to director George Lucas' explicit cinematographic assertion that "Greedo shot first."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 09:31:49 AM »
Wut

ofc he did.

tut tut , Han shot first everyone should know that

Han is an honourable space smuggler, he was acting in self defense (as I do everytime I undock in eve :D).

Even if lucas changed it for the re-release so that greedo did, I dont care :)

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 01:28:29 PM »
well to get new members into the guild, I think you need to be fairly full on adn persuasive. I reckon -

'Join our f*cking guild or die, you f*cking c*nt. And I mean it. To all you f*cks who don't join, I'm going to hunt you down and f*cking bury you. C*NTS'.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 02:14:49 PM »
well to get new members into the guild, I think you need to be fairly full on adn persuasive. I reckon -

'Join our f*cking guild or die, you f*cking c*nt. And I mean it. To all you f*cks who don't join, I'm going to hunt you down and f*cking bury you. C*NTS'.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 02:39:37 PM »

you seem to have my vocabulary down to a tee :D

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 03:01:18 PM »
Jon wins the prize!

then at the end, when someone says you won't hunt em down, you can reply - 'You can fuck off to Tibet, and I shall have men, nutters from Parkhurst, in yeti suits, up Everest, with meat cleavers, ready to chop your tarty fucking legs off'

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2011, 09:15:15 AM »
So, thinking along the lines of "hands of justice, eu, pve, social group. Played many games, looks for new blood for SWTOR to join us and make big fun!"  (obviously worded better and more indepth).

And boy am I glad that we dont have "Republic" or "of the light" or "guardian" or "Sentinel" in our name. Seems so many others out there do :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2011, 01:12:29 PM »
Cant you tell I havent recruited for ages:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5789041

That post sucks. But its a start :)  I'll edit it no doubt over the coming months!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 01:17:27 PM by Mangala »

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2011, 01:34:05 PM »
So, thinking along the lines of "hands of justice, eu, pve, social group. Played many games, looks for new blood for SWTOR to join us and make big fun!"  (obviously worded better and more indepth).

And boy am I glad that we dont have "Republic" or "of the light" or "guardian" or "Sentinel" in our name. Seems so many others out there do :)

The Republic Sentinels, guardians of the light and hands of justice.  Cool name huh??? :D