Author Topic: Gearing  (Read 4441 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Gearing
« on: March 01, 2012, 11:54:37 AM »
Quick question.

So theres:

Dailies/Weeklies
Tokens
PVP (lol)
Crafting?

And of course actually running HM flashpoints as methods of gearing up.

Or am I missing anything?

(And yes this is a very thinly disguised, "couldnt they come up with some better method than tokens/pvp/picking cotton to enable folks who want to gear the opportunity to gear" whine thread as if I wanted to use tokens/pvp/pick cotton Id play wow or go back 300 years)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
Re: Gearing
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 11:57:44 AM »
(And yes this is a very thinly disguised, "couldnt they come up with some better method than tokens/pvp/picking cotton to enable folks who want to gear the opportunity to gear" whine thread as if I wanted to use tokens/pvp/pick cotton Id play wow or go back 300 years)

minitransactions?
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 12:00:41 PM »
:notbittingnosiree:

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 12:24:46 PM »
Like i said in my other post. Get a set of moddalbe gear, get cybertechs/artifices to fill it with lv49/50 epic mods and straight into EV normal mode, baby. I have done some dailies twice i think. thats it.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 12:25:32 PM »
I am a cyber, but RE hates me :(

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 12:31:11 PM »
It's a shame i'm not on your server/faction. Could make you a full set of Aim stuff :(

You can buy em cheap enough. If not, just keep chipping away at RE. Less of a grind than doing dailies. However, if you can be bothered, you can get Rakata level earpiece/implants from daily commendations. I'm very lazily making my way towards one, but to be honest, I doubt it's needed unless I do nightmare mode shit.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 12:36:08 PM »
Yeah I am slowly but surely working on RE.

Im avoiding the very idea of dailies/any other sort of grind like the plague (hence me referring to it as picking cotton).

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 12:37:50 PM »
Head to Ilum and do the PvE quest chain on the Eastern Ice Sheld (PvE area). This will unlock the dailies. Same for Belsavis, pick the intro quest up from the mission terminal in the central area of the fleet and do the bonus series. This to unlocks the dailies for Belsavis.

For 8 Daily Comms, you can buy a lvl 54ish Armouring of your choice. Nice easy way of gearing up, plus you get 7-10K credits per quest, as well as Companion Affection.

Also, there are a series of daily heriocs also. A 2+ and 2x 4+ on Belsavis, and a 2+ on Ilum. They reward an epic mod, an epic armouring, a BiS companion weapon for each comp (choose 1 a day) and an epic enhancement respectively. In addition, each Heroic daily awards 3 Daily comms.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 12:43:32 PM »
Thanks for that Dan.

I did however just throw up a little, seeing it written out like that made me not like the idea of dailies anymore than I didnt already like it.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 12:48:45 PM »
It's nowhere near as bad as it sounds, as I find dailies a chore also. The Heroics are quite fun. The 2+ on Belsavis has a number of champion mobs that always drop blues, so its good for companion gear also.

Probably the best way to obtain gear is to run HM's. I've only ever done one (False Emperor) and got Tionese Gloves, Columni Chest and a new Lightsaber.