Author Topic: Inactivity Purge  (Read 7470 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Inactivity Purge
« on: November 18, 2008, 06:42:04 PM »
Starts tomorrow - have all day to remove inactives.

I'm using 25th October as my benchmark to remove all inactive mains - people with alts that they havent used prior to that date let me know in this thread or via ingame mail if you want it still guilded or removed :)

Anyone who isnt playing currently for whatever reasons, I will keep your characters guilded if you do intend to return at some stage in the future ie Decembers big patch! As that way you have a community to jump right into on your return! So please let me know up front.

I dont intend to remove anyones forum access so dont be afraid to say you have left war for ever in case I did remove it, I like having people posting here :)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 06:48:06 PM by Beosvir »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
Re: Inactivity Purge
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 01:59:02 AM »
Obv please don't purge Vac and Jacq. Not sure I'v ebeen that inactive anyway ...

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 05:09:51 AM »
My son (playing Hergo) has for the time given up on Order, he is playing his Chaos Chosen on another server. He is waiting for the KOTBS, might come back then. But I think it is safe to purge Hergo from the guild-roster, I don't think he'll play the WH even when he comes back.

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 09:00:39 AM »
You can get rid of Mellir, but would be grateful if you'd keep Ganymede. Not sure when I last logged in to him, but he's an 'active alt' for now at least.

Tamaryn, Erynn you can remove since my dear lady wife has decided that WAR is a pile of shit :D

Order Torgal / Allein / Iapetus / Mellir / Ganymede
Destruction Stikklebrix / Mimas

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 10:39:48 AM »
You can purge all of mine if it helps to keep the roster tidy.
It'd be nice if you keep a spot available next to the fireplace for the future. ^_^

I think I'll be back... just a little undecided about WAR atm. I seem to lose interest after a character hits rank 10.
And currently enjoying the freebie games as we're doing more home improvement next week and December's coming up.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 02:40:02 PM »
Stonestrike is away with work for a week and ive been working solid for the last week or so and will be for a few days yet so try not to purge us.  :P
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 03:27:01 PM »
Had a nice purging session (beginning to sound like a Size 0 model...) today. Mains inactive from 25th October going back as far as early September have been removed. Havent touched anyone else, and will start in on alts in a few days so as to give people time to let me know :)

I may have accidentaly kicked Roz - am sure its a regular, active members alt - apologies in advance. I r newb.

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 04:38:04 PM »
I doubt I'll be back. Go ahead and boot mine. I'll bother you for an invite if I return.
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline Debaser

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 08:28:36 PM »
Cedar and Omyi - Active!
Debaser (IB) Omyi (WP)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Inactivity Purge & where is everyone?
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2008, 10:50:53 AM »
Lelle mentioned this in another thread and it sort of ties into this thread.

Where is everyone?

Its very quiet online since my return - although I havent been about much myself what with work and social stuff, for example today I am currently sitting in a starbucks near Marble Arch as I am off to twickers to watch the rugby today!

So out of all the people who I didnt purge - all those active AFTER the 25th October, where are they?

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2008, 12:08:54 PM »
Too cheap to renew my subscription at the moment. Expensive month and DIY coming up next week.

I also have the feeling that in the end all that WAR will offer you is PVP (like raiding was the main leftover in WoW), which is fair enough, but just not for me. It's also getting a really sour marketing taste with magical russian bear hats, WAR maps in Red Alert 3, masks all over the place...etc. I think I hoped that in the end the game was going to be more serious and GW flavoured. Adventure stuff. Dunno. :(
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2008, 12:14:24 PM »
must say i have hit a brick wall with warhammer at the moment i dont see many ppl out and about ingame and i think they need to add more quests to each pairing.

i know you can travel to the other pairings and do the quests there but i like to follow the story in whatever land im in also traveling and doing the other lands quests will make it stale for future alts.

orvr is great fun but i suffer stuttering frame rate in orvr which makes it almost unplayable it did improve greatly with one patch but returned with another.

the game is unfriendly to grinding mobs for xp which i dont mind doing after playing wow for years.

so im taking a break right now and with the release of mines of moria i have found my love of that game again im even crafting which i have never done in anygame before.

not giving up on warhammer alltogether but a break can be a good thing.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2008, 05:51:05 PM »
i dont see many ppl out and about ingame

The guild is quiet, yes, but worse - the game is quiet.

I haven't been online mainly since there haven't been anyone or anything going on when i log on.

behold the downward spiral   ;D
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 12:07:54 PM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2008, 06:12:05 PM »
Fallout is to blame here  ::)
Though FO will pass, I'm a bit discontented with WAR atm. The guild is quiet, yes, but worse - the game is quiet. You really have to look for fights at the moment.
ORvR is pretty much dead and I'm unhappy with the PvE content. Even worse, with the reduced population, most of the PvE content has been reduced to grinding phase 1 of PQs. :(
I'm hoping the addition of the tank classes will change something, but I'm currently keeping my options open. I may check out EVE, when I get tired of Fallout.
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2008, 11:41:57 AM »
I haven't been online mainly since there haven't been anyone or anything going on when i log on.
I can only grind TA for so long before I get bored and the pve isn't particularly interesting for me due to the stupidly annoying runs there and there with the stupid flightpoints being nowhere.