Author Topic: War-Decced by Merchants Trade Consortium  (Read 45908 times)

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: War-Decced by Merchants Trade Consortium
« Reply #105 on: February 18, 2009, 11:54:41 AM »
yesterday at the time i was on we had 10 ppl in fleet, and thus active (i guess) yet since most of them were in station we couldn't assable the fleet.

unless most of you got out yesterday somewhere i guess the situation will be the same as yesterday.

I will log on when i get home. Have some work thingy tonight which i must attend (and it is going to be boring as hell with no alcohol!)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 12:00:01 PM by Bethor »
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: War-Decced
« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2009, 11:59:22 AM »
these guys have quite some drones flying around
how useful will it be to have one frig dedicated to killing the drones?
esp with all our e-war and with the maelstrom for instance doing nothing in close range... late last night when we got out to try and take the HIC i got hit quite easily in MWD rifter while in close orbit, but didnt really check if it was missiles or drones that hit me. if it was drones, taking them out might be useful

how easy can a frig hit drones and how easy do they pop?

if you could succeed in killing their drones it would dammage them quite a bit. t2 drones are around 0.5-1mil a piece. so might not be a bad idea to try that.
former roommate.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2009, 12:16:14 PM »
It's not really worth it - frigs should be tackling their primary, have a lock on their secondary and be ready to move.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 18, 2009, 12:28:08 PM »
yesterday at the time i was on we had 10 ppl in fleet, and thus active (i guess) yet since most of them were in station we couldn't assable the fleet.

unless most of you got out yesterday somewhere i guess the situation will be the same as yesterday.

I will log on when i get home. Have some work thingy tonight which i must attend (and it is going to be boring as hell with no alcohol!)

You seem to forget that from thoose 10 we had no one willing/able to FC.
At least 5 are chars with less than 3 months of existence flying t1 equipped frigs and cruisers.
At the same time they had 8-10 people online, flying t2 ships with t2 equipment and probably most of them have more than 1 year of training to back it up.
Sure we could have done something if we were undocked and spread around, but without leadership and without the "veterans" in the corp we would be hard pressed to do squat. Flying around in a big circle is hardly much better than being camped.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 18, 2009, 12:40:53 PM »

You seem to forget that from thoose 10 we had no one willing/able to FC.
At least 5 are chars with less than 3 months of existence flying t1 equipped frigs and cruisers.
At the same time they had 8-10 people online, flying t2 ships with t2 equipment and probably most of them have more than 1 year of training to back it up.
Sure we could have done something if we were undocked and spread around, but without leadership and without the "veterans" in the corp we would be hard pressed to do squat. Flying around in a big circle is hardly much better than being camped.

My mistake than, thought we had roughly the same ppl as the day before.

Dunno about your definition of vets though, i know 4  EX LESY pilotes were online and undocked in ships and Bebur and I were flying a SB, a frig but still. Think Hrodgar also got out of the station at some point. If the defintion of Vet would be character age and experiance i'd say Sinedia and i will probably qualify and Magnus and Bebur will also come quite a long way.

former roommate.

Offline Dehn

• MAADI
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 18, 2009, 12:58:52 PM »
I think its good for us to stay in war for a while longer, this is good training.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2009, 01:20:55 PM »
Yes... I know Hrodgar made it out since I'm Hrodgar.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2009, 01:34:24 PM »
so basically what we missed was FC

becouse (i am asuming you have more than 3 m. experiance) the rest of us outside did have experiance and good ships  :D

but in the case there is no FC on i wouldnt mind picking it op next time :)  (if there is a next time ofc )
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 01:36:40 PM by Bethor »
former roommate.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2009, 01:36:29 PM »
we will NEVER pay to end a war, this sends out the tottaly wrong message.

and, yes, yesterday was dull, however i got out late last night with my SB which is parked mid-warp to a safe

Saf got out and we tested them with just our 3 ships for the loss of my crappy kessie due to stupid station fighting, god its dull.

harassing them with alts made them mad, they think we are less able than we actually are (you all know we are :)   )

they rely on better gear and numbers to keep the war going, every kill we get  (as slowly as that comes) hurts them more than, them killing a few frigs/cruisers that we field, hurts us.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2009, 01:40:03 PM »
so basically what we missed was FC

becouse (i am asuming you have more than 3 m. experiance) the rest of us outside did have experiance and good ships  :D

but in the case there is no FC on i wouldnt mind picking it op next time :)  (if there is a next time ofc )

No I have about 2 and it was probably more luck than anything else.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2009, 01:47:04 PM »
I understand you as corp don't want to pay up :) (and that i personally disagree doesn't change anything in my participation in any organised fleet ops)

just wanted to be sure you'd know the consequences. That is the corp not making any cash, and if they are indeed suplying ships for people that lost one, the corp is loosing cash/.

The message it sends out will be limited anyway, if there is any.  Wether it is paying up or just continuing. Also wondering what message you'd think you'd send. Personally i think none, one way or the other.

and what use is making them mad. in fact, that might persuade them to keep the war going for longer, because mad people don't think rationally.

Than again i am used to mining corperations. And we mined more than 150 mil a day if mining.
former roommate.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2009, 01:47:32 PM »
We should *not* fold in. No no no no. Folding in is *stupid*. We'd just be milked by other wardeccers when the word goes around. We want to be know as the corp that can not be milked, we do *not* want to be known as the corp that folds in at first sight of boredom.

Folding in this case would be the most stupid thing to do.

About pilots yesterday. Bethor doesn't know us all yet :) I was flying three pilots (which all are outside from the base now btw). Caradir was also flying at least two. We really weren't that many around as we wanted our enemy to believe (OTOH, if even our own corp members believe we have huge numbers, then one can only imagine what the enemy believs ;) ). Even if we would have all been players instead of players with several alts, we'd still have been without a FC and we'd still have been outnumbered and we'd still have been flying lousier boats.

To fight we need an FC and we need to know where and when to hit so that the odds are in our favour. We have shown we can give out more pain than we recieve, but lets not be like japanese during II WorldWar and believe we can win every fight at any odds :)

I believe we are the smarter ones in this war, please let's act like we are the smart ones :)

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2009, 01:47:56 PM »
Yes... I know Hrodgar made it out since I'm Hrodgar.

and how exactly was i supposed to know that?  :o
former roommate.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 18, 2009, 01:48:59 PM »