Author Topic: War-Decced by Merchants Trade Consortium  (Read 45693 times)

Offline Dehn

• MAADI
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
Re: War-Decced
« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2009, 09:29:20 AM »
So they are asking for a ransom? HAHA!  That figure seems to cover their loss more than anything. Fuck them.

150M is not enough for us to accept peace with them :=)

Just wait 2 days, then make the war mutual, and keep harassing them with cheap frigates.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2009, 09:37:59 AM »
So they are asking for a ransom? HAHA!  That figure seems to cover their loss more than anything. Fuck them.

150M is not enough for us to accept peace with them :=)

Just wait 2 days, then make the war mutual, and keep harassing them with cheap frigates.

that would imply no more mining and no more missionrunning. thus no income for the corp. I thought we also needet to provide a pos with fuel so that might be hard also.

LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 18, 2009, 09:38:24 AM »
these guys have quite some drones flying around
how useful will it be to have one frig dedicated to killing the drones?
esp with all our e-war and with the maelstrom for instance doing nothing in close range... late last night when we got out to try and take the HIC i got hit quite easily in MWD rifter while in close orbit, but didnt really check if it was missiles or drones that hit me. if it was drones, taking them out might be useful

how easy can a frig hit drones and how easy do they pop?
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #93 on: February 18, 2009, 09:41:48 AM »
POS has a couple of months worth of fuel sat in KASEI's base station.

However I cant really be logging Simud Solaris on in Antiri local as right after he logs, Mang would log on....
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 18, 2009, 09:45:03 AM »
I have an alt that I need to bring into Anttiri that's in another corp and flies an Itty V.
Just need to trade the fuel, I'll drop it into a can at the POS and a KASEI alt transfer from the can to the POS.

I have a chunk of the day free today - so I'll be around.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Pashur

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 18, 2009, 09:59:00 AM »

I wouldnt say you were hiding, I'd say doing what the VC did in Vietnam - sitting in the jungle shouting at the GI's trying to find them, taunting them into breaking their own cover etc ;)

I am not sure we can do much harassing. I actually think the war hurts us a bit more than it hurts them. We use mining and missions to earn our income. They extort. I am sure they do some mining etc as well but not in the corp they use for extortions. This means we cannot annoy their miners.
What I am saying is that in a war of attrition we may loose more than they do. With time we will have a pvp fleet that can deliver a punch, but it is not there just yet. In conclusion, I don't think we should prolong the war unless we benefit from it.
While there is a war let us kill what we can but if they seem stronger we bore them to death. Hanging outside Antt. 14 without even a response from us in local chat, how fun is that  ;)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: War-Decced by Merchants Trade Consortium
« Reply #96 on: February 18, 2009, 10:06:37 AM »
Hanging outside Antt. 14 without even a response from us in local chat, how fun is that

Exactly. yes it sint fun for us, but we werent really prepared for war - as we can see by the excellent tips Bethor has provided in his Docked for War thread.

It has been said by someone better than me (cant recall who):

One day they are going to throw a war, and no-one is going to come
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 10:10:49 AM by The Walkin' Dude »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 18, 2009, 10:14:27 AM »
Paying isn't a good idea - not only does it send the wrong message to the community at large (we're an easy touch), being in a state of war is something we will face more of in the coming months.

Camping and being camped is intrinsic within eve - be it gates, stations, POS's or some random celestial.  With active conflict as we're facing now - we have a good opportunity to work out the kinks in ship fits, working as a team and dealing with an opposing side that is better equipped and has more experience.

I know you're not suggesting paying Pash - but the attrition works both ways - while they are war-deccing us - they're probably not wardeccing another corp.  We're not paying up and they're only loosing T2 ships - which hits their wallet (their ISK generation a day has gone down).

I don't know about you guys - but my miners have diverted some of their training time to having good tackling and EW skills.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 18, 2009, 10:16:17 AM »
Which reminds me - some damn good ss's the other day!

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 18, 2009, 11:07:38 AM »
Create mining alt corp. Move the miners to Alt corp. Carry on regardless.
Keep warriors in main corp, and abuse the hell out of them.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2009, 11:31:06 AM »
Paying isn't a good idea - not only does it send the wrong message to the community at large (we're an easy touch), being in a state of war is something we will face more of in the coming months.

I dont mind wars, but in this case i'd say pay. In the end we would have payed 150 mil for some valuable lessons. And once you get lvl 4 missions gooing good (if someone feels like it i can start them in blackrise i thing, caldari navy corp) 150mil isnt that much.

Also next war (if we actually learnt something, and i think we did) we will be (more) prepared and we can afford to drag it on a bit.

as already stated we are loosing money by the fact that we cannot mine and mission atm.  And dragging on the war doesnt actually gain us anything (except when we get a fleet out, than we get valuable pvp experiance)
former roommate.

Offline Pashur

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 18, 2009, 11:34:27 AM »
Just to make it clear. Hanging outside 14 is very, very, boring for them. That is what I meant by boring them to death. Their isk/h must be lousy and on top of that very boring :)

A miner Alt corp, yes I like that. That is why I asked earlier if we should move miners out of MAADI so we could keep mining in spite of the war.
Of course that corp could be extorted as well and a new move etc. I don't know the corp part of Eve so this may be a logistically difficult or time consuming.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 18, 2009, 11:36:45 AM »
well a decent high sec war corp would sooner dec an all miner corp becouse that hurts them a lot more and they will pay a lot more.

imo you need fighters in a corp to defend it's assets
former roommate.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 18, 2009, 11:37:23 AM »
and hanging outside the station is for them as boring as for us sitting inside the station they are hanging outside of :D
former roommate.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 18, 2009, 11:51:05 AM »
I think ppl think more about yesterday (sitting inside station, hiding) than about monday (kicking their asses).
Yesterday was unfortunate because a lot of ppl were away, doing RL, and we didnt have much of a fleet. Ofc this sucks for the ppl that ARE logged in and yes, we are not making ISK atm. But I think we shouldnt give up over one rough day.
Although prolonging the war might not be a very good idea, paying up is something I would rebel against. Let's just hope we can gather a significant fleet again tonight and make them hurt again. We might lose isk now, but we are gaining experience which may be even more valuable. I don't expect them to prolong the war, esp. if we don't feck up giving them some easy fights.
Let's give em hard fights and tough losses and make em run with their tails between their legs.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166