Author Topic: The Guild Merger Thread  (Read 24275 times)

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Re: Project: Antarian Rangers
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 05:21:11 PM »
A new fusion guild isn't a magical fix for normal guild member lifespan.  ;D

Combine a form of fusion with an entire race of humans stuck in pods, wired up as batteries and living in a virtual world, on the other hand...
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2012, 05:30:10 PM »
EVE is the matrix?
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline hadron

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 05:34:51 PM »
nope its not a magical cure, but right now I doubt any of our guilds look great to a new recruit, those of us active are at end game so we wont be very noob friendly (of course we all try but in this game more than nay other its a walk over to level up) and any one looking for a guild strong or even present at end game may want more than 'failed at Ev normal' :D

It also helps PvP wise, right now 3 or more of us could be in the same war zone and no one would notice (unless we suck or are uber) but if we were one guild, we roll stronger :)

IMO its got to be worth exploring the options

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2012, 05:38:55 PM »
True, true and deffo. :)
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2012, 06:12:09 PM »
i like an amalgam of us all anyways

p.s. we did EV normal 1st attempt, jealous ;P

i do think the hardest aspect is not wishing to lose a guild identity we may have held for many years , so a new name would prob be best for everyone IMO

« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 06:13:52 PM by Caradir »
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2012, 07:06:07 PM »
EVE is the matrix?

I can't tell you. You have to see it for yourself.
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline hadron

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2012, 12:00:19 PM »

p.s. we did EV normal 1st attempt, jealous ;P

haha!

yes :)

But partly thats the drive behind me wanting to do this, though with 2 in TLA online last night (3 in total but 2 max at a time) it may be impossible.

LOTRO implemented a new area, I went to check in this morning, sure enough a few TLA are back there, which is fine. But we really need to sort things out.

I ran Esseles HM with CoT last night and they are discussing options, much the same feeling as here, too few regulars to make their own guild sustainable. But also, like TLA I expect, some resistance to change. Interestingly someone commented on the overall drop in numbers on Frostclaw, worryingly I've thought the same.

I think in game is the place to talk about this, lets be honest, if you're not in game, as interesting and valid as your opinion is, its not as important as those who are there, playing. I cant see a way to get people commenting in one web forum, mostly TLA dont bother with their own. So, I propose we create a new chat channel in game and we all get as many of our members to join it and lets see if this is worth progressing.

When I get in game I will try to create 'The Trusted Justice Alliance' TJA chat channel (you lot can debate names later, I will too, but we can call it HelloKittyWorld for all I care right now, its not important)

If you agree, lets get everyone into it and over the next days lets see what, if anything, we cna sort out, if nothing else, we will pull our 3 guilds a bit closer, it may be enough. Personally I think we need to roll as one guild, but lets see :)

I posted this in TLA http://swthelastalliance.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=438385&TabID=3744731&TopicID=10063961&ForumID=2114024#forumEnd
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 12:11:04 PM by hadron »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2012, 12:05:59 PM »
Just an FYI if and when (Id like to hope when) this goes live.

I have 250 slot mumble server you can camp on for comms too ;)

(its used mostly by folks here and 100+ guys from eve every weekend :D)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2012, 12:07:58 PM »
good idea lets chat and sort "something" out ;)

*i was just about to mail Jon and see if we could use mumble to chat rather than type, but he beat me to it*
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2012, 12:16:21 PM »
Mumble details:

http://www.handsofjustice.co.uk/mumble (no trailing slash)
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2012, 12:17:19 PM »
Mumble details:

http://www.handsofjustice.co.uk/mumble (no trailing slash)

goatboy is our mumble whore, just dont go near the glory hole ;)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2012, 12:26:20 PM »
I echo your sentiments really Hadron, as you know from our in game discussions.

I'm stuck at the office right now, but once I get home, I'll be glad to join any chat channel and discuss stuff further.

I was chatting with Xini (CoTs GM) last night for a while, and he/she is quite keen to move ahead with a talks to merge and supportive of the idea, but has put it up for debate for the CoT members, and wants to get their opinions first.

If we can pull it off, it will all be jolly exciting.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2012, 12:48:54 PM »
I think everyone has the same sentiment regarding their current guild as far as HoJ and TLA concerned. Haven't heard/read anything from CoT yet.
And I think it's important to realize that it's by no means definite.

HoJ will stay around outside swtor. And won't be disbanded ingame either, even if it's only a few new alts staying behind.
What I'm trying to say is, in the end we can see it as an experiment as well. Nothing definite. If that makes things easier to 'let go'.

TLA and COT have HM's (9pm, all other days) and Ops (8/9pm fri/sat) planned.
I'd suggest we see if we can tag along with those if there's room this week to get the ball rolling. Times might be a bit tight for the GMT+1ers.

The new guild thing is just picking a name (oi vey...) and moving everyone in. As for that matter... picking a name shouldn't be a democracy. We would never get it sorted. If we go with the council idea for the new guild, containing a leading rep from each current guild, let them sort it out.

At the end of the day, we all just want more people to play with that we can rely upon to be a bit better than random pugs. Make new friends. Help eachother out. And get the most out of the game.

Offline hadron

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2012, 01:13:56 PM »
I think its very likely people will want to retain the current in game guilds for alts, I sort of see this joint venture more aimed at the end game groups (which anyone that wants to get to can do so pretty quickly, though I strongly advise people to make sure they see all the scenery).

To my mind although the republic/empire split was obvious it has divided the community without actually dividing it at all. What i mean is its made it a real pain to have toons on both sides and to play with your friends while failing pathetically to do anything it was set up to do. I'm sure there have been evenings when we have had people on the dark side and if they had know there were folks on the light side we would have gotten together (switching over) and made enough for an OP.

Ive created TJA as a chat channel, will try to get TLA into it later, Im sure it will take a day or two though

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2012, 01:21:15 PM »
How do you join a chat channel >_>

[edit]

/cjoin TJA

Then you can go to a tab > chat settings > check bottom of list and channel should be listed if joined succesfully.
In my case /4 then allows me to type in TJA.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 01:24:42 PM by Goatboy »