Author Topic: Patch 1.0.4  (Read 2531 times)

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
Patch 1.0.4
« on: October 29, 2008, 02:33:54 PM »
http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsArticle.war?id=404

Haven't read the notes yet, so it remains to be seen whether there's any good stuff in here.

EDIT 1 :

# In response to player feedback, the amount of renown earned from healing players has been increased slightly.

Hah!

EDIT 2 :

Adjusted victory points stuff for T4 zones, and xp when you cap BOs, nothing much else of note tbh ¬_¬
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 02:37:29 PM by Torgal »

Order Torgal / Allein / Iapetus / Mellir / Ganymede
Destruction Stikklebrix / Mimas

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline Envicta

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
Re: Patch 1.0.4
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 02:49:06 PM »

The T4 changes appear to be quite important..

It implies that in order to take a particular zone in T4,  you can only get victory points for doing the scenarios associated with that zone..

We all know that only "Serpents Passage" pops in T4,  which is in the Elf lands..

So potentially if Order/Destro want to capture the Dwarf / Empire zones, then they need to start queueing for the other scenarios?

maybe i'm wrong,  but thats how I read it..

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 03:06:00 PM »
I think you read it wrong. All they've changed is;

- Reduced the number of VP required to cap a zone, zones should be easier to cap / cap quicker.
- Made it so that if you have players sufficient to launch a scenario, but the other side doesn't, you'll get VP for that scenario.

Basically they're making it so that deserting the scenarios for a racial tier is not an effective defense. Used to be if nobody in your faction queued for the relevant scenarios, and nobody entered the RvR areas (thus no kills can be scored), the zones wouldn't cap because you couldn't get the required VP.

Everything else works the same :

Tier 4 zones now require fewer scenario victory points to be captured.  The mechanics of capturing a zone have not changed however.

That's if I'VE read it correctly.

EDIT : I just can't wait for 1.1, I hope they fix all the bloody broken class bugs.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 03:13:11 PM by Torgal »

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline Jeremiah

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 07:27:32 PM »
I get the impression that victory points from scenario go to the zone relevant to that scenario.  And, if we sign up for, say, the Empire v Chaos pairing scenario we get victory points to cap the Empire v Chaos zones.  We will also get these points if we have 12 players signed and ready to go and Destro dont regardless of whether it pops.  So, if aiming to cap Empire zones we need to sign for those scenarios and not sign for any of the others.  If Destro dont want to join us and prefer to grind SP (Elves pairing), we eventually cap in empire and march on the Maw.  I think if the scenario is contested, the points go to the winners.

I don't think that Mythic are enabling zone capture through scenarios alone (at least I most certainly hope not), so I disagree with Envicta : "It implies that in order to take a particular zone in T4,  you can only get victory points for doing the scenarios associated with that zone."

So, to cap a zone we would take all the BO and Keeps and then everyone queue for those scenarios.  If destro don't respond we lock the zone - if they do we actually get to fight RvR and not grind SP (those who prefer scenarios can queue as well - and still be contributing).

Can I suggest that in order to maximise or contribution, Command (HoJ and/or TBH) issues orders of the day suggesting which pairing we are making a push for.  Members then limit their scenario activity (voluntarily obviously since this is not a police state) to those pairings in whatever tier they currently play in.  I know this might mean we don't get to do out favorite activity of grinding 50-60 TAs for the day (shame!!!! I hear you cry), but we will as a group be more focused on the campaign and its easier to be on the same page if we know which page that is.  Just  thought.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 08:09:27 PM by Jeremiah »

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 08:47:36 AM »
Can I suggest that in order to maximise or contribution, Command (HoJ and/or TBH) issues orders of the day suggesting which pairing we are making a push for.  Members then limit their scenario activity (voluntarily obviously since this is not a police state) to those pairings in whatever tier they currently play in.  I know this might mean we don't get to do out favorite activity of grinding 50-60 TAs for the day (shame!!!! I hear you cry), but we will as a group be more focused on the campaign and its easier to be on the same page if we know which page that is.  Just  thought.

Excellent suggestion.

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline Debaser

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 10:01:59 AM »
BFP, surely  ::)
Debaser (IB) Omyi (WP)

Offline Pythias

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 02:21:03 PM »
Yesterday, i queued for 4 T4 scenarios - all available at lvl 30 except Serpents Passage. Then i joined Gunbad wb and forgot about it. An hour later, i realised i was still queued for all 4 and hadn't got any pop up. Speaking about fun from rvr T3 > T4 atm, applies to both scenarios and orvr.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 02:27:04 PM »
noticed a few bugs join a warband and your the only one you can see.

people appearing to be dead but are not.

on logging out of game it hangs and i have to close it via task manager.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2008, 05:34:31 PM »
Having a few problems entering scenarios - just get a screen freeze.
After death I wasn't able to select a stance a few times.
Just noticed that after the patch the drive is 8% more fragmented.  Hope a clean up will help.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2008, 06:37:00 PM »
Having a few problems entering scenarios - just get a screen freeze.
After death I wasn't able to select a stance a few times.
Just noticed that after the patch the drive is 8% more fragmented.  Hope a clean up will help.
Had this twice now. Once it fixed itself after 10 seconds frozen, second time I had to go to the program manager to shut down WAR.
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2008, 01:09:47 AM »
The new client patch this evening appears to have helped with the freezes :)

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865