Author Topic: The Secret World  (Read 36385 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: The Secret World
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2009, 02:29:58 PM »
ahem

about 7 posts down from this one is this post

http://handsofjustice.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1409.0
  :P
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2009, 02:41:27 PM »
but i only got the email today:(

didnt know the postal strike also includes email :P

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2009, 02:42:39 PM »
didnt know the postal strike also includes email :P

rofl :)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2009, 06:36:04 PM »
Got a mail today from Funcom, begging me to come back to Age of Conan.
Among the presents offered was this one: Sub for 3 months, and get guaranteed access to the Secret World beta.
I don't care much for AoC, but I may just sub just for the beta.....  :-\
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2009, 06:49:38 PM »
Got a mail today from Funcom, begging me to come back to Age of Conan.
Among the presents offered was this one: Sub for 3 months, and get guaranteed access to the Secret World beta.
I don't care much for AoC, but I may just sub just for the beta.....  :-\

Learn a lesson from STO beta giveaways with CO subs - it wont happen!
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2009, 07:52:44 PM »
hmm... I tought i had stopped my aoc sub but turns out i am still on a 6 month sub that ends at 25th of december. Wonder if that means i can get beta access to secret world even if i cancel it then.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2009, 08:17:30 PM »
im actually playing AOC just to fill the time but am using a timecard and im not subscribing for 3 months just to get in to open beta for TSW.

also it is a usual game company smoke and mirror stunt on the TSW forums it says secure place in the back end of closed beta but on the AOC patcher and some emails ppl have got it says open beta(though my email said closed beta) i wonder which it actually will be.

also i think you have to extend your sub by 3/6/12 months from what you already have unless you re-subbed for 6/12 months on or after 6th of october.

i will take my chances on a beta place to either the test on the TSW official site or a pre-order place if its offered.

p.s
to the guys who were in the AOC guild i cleared out the bank and sold the stuff as when i logged back in after 18 months away we had been transferred from dagon server to crom server all my gold was gone.
although i think most ppl had gone to a different guild just after i stopped playing.

p.p.p.p.p.p.s
it maybe that i gave my gold to the guild when i quit i cant remember :'(
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 08:25:03 PM by Keggi »

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2009, 05:55:19 AM »
I have a timecard which runs out soon. Haven't really been logged in to AoC though. For five minutes I thought about subbing for three months to get in SW, but then I reminded myself this is FunCom PR department sending the mail. And there are three things certain in this world:
1) You are going to die
2) You will pay your taxes
3) FunCom marketing phukks up everything always, they always "forgets" to include minor detail (like for example, you get into SW beta if the closed beta starts during the 3 month period of your AoC subscription, or something like that).

I'll either get into SW beta the conventional way, or then I won't get into beta. To be honest, I am not too hot for FunCom beta testing after the horror-experiences with AoC testing :(

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2010, 12:01:37 PM »
Next weekend will see some big revelation about Secret World. At least Massively will be reporting that something. Ragnar from FunCom has also confirmed a new video will be released together with this new revelation.

What will this revelation be? Dunno, but at least the TSW team knows how to build hype and tension!

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2010, 06:43:12 AM »
Some new screenshots were found by the forumites. Looks like they will be (part of?) the news supposed to be released this weekend.

http://darkdaysarehere.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=7982555

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2010, 07:49:58 AM »
Well...

A video trailer was made available last night:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/thesecretworld/video/6248619/the-secret-world-kingsmouth-trailer

Zombies. Hmm... I am not impressed :(

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2010, 11:27:33 AM »
zombies be fine, it is a game based on myth and urban legend and zombies are a HUGE part of that, is it new and clever though? definetly not.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2010, 07:59:11 PM »
An interview which was greatly waited by fans, but which doesn't really reveal that much, was released today:
http://pc.ign.com/articles/107/1072842p1.html

TSW will be a level-less and skill based system (like EVE online is for example), but seems you get experience by doing quests and killing stuff, so essentially it would be just a generic MMO #437586

Meh :(

I fear it will not live up even close to the expectations I've had on the game :(

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2010, 04:35:41 AM »
Idd with you Jarkko, however (and Im on a slow connection so havent watched/read the interview) what if the experience you gain from killing etc you can channel into skills and so on ala EVE, but without passive SP generation.  And hopefully the skill system will be a broad one, however I'll have to find a better connection to deal with the interview.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2010, 05:24:45 AM »
what if the experience you gain from killing etc you can channel into skills and so on ala EVE, but without passive SP generation.
Well, I think that is the second worst possible scenario really. People with no lives will dominate the game, because as there are no level caps or such, those who have time to grind grind and grind some more will after a couple months be superhumans compared to normal players (not to mention casuals). People who play more will by default have better gear, have more funds, be better in the game (know-how of the game world and system), do they really need an advantage in skills too?

The worst case IMO would be if you get the exp only for the skills you use. If you shoot you get exp for shooting skills, etc. While it is certainly realistic you can only gain more experience in things you do, it just would make it a horrible system in a MMORPG.