Author Topic: [Co-ordinated Strike] T2 & T3 Siege ~ 23/10/08  (Read 6382 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: [Co-ordinated Strike] T2 & T3 Siege ~ 23/10/08
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2008, 08:07:00 AM »
From what I understand each lower tier control has a knock on effect for control of the next tier zone up, and so on to T4 and the ease of lockouts/caps up there.

But even if it doesnt, its an excellent suggestion (if I dont say so myself... ;)) for a running theme for the evening :)

As for ideas - Human T2 and T3 keeps are good fun to fight in and around, as are BV and BFP too. 

Avelorn is probably a good bet for a zerg fest T3, whereas I imagine Dwarflands would be good for similar in T2, TA and Mourkain prevailance being the thing here.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2008, 08:14:48 AM »
I think I was hoping to check out the hu-man keeps, because that's the only zone I haven't played around in thus far. Does rather depend on zone control when we get up and running though.

I understand that the tier control helps the tier above it, but it's the fine details that I have no clue about. Does T2 elf zone control only influence T3 elf zone stuff? or does control of any zone within a tier contribute towards the zones in the tier above it? do you have to control both zones in a racial tier to make a difference, or is control of a single zone worthwhile on it's own? Do you have to outright control a zone to contribute, or is any victory point gain worthwhile?

blah blah questions questions.

Order Torgal / Allein / Iapetus / Mellir / Ganymede
Destruction Stikklebrix / Mimas

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2008, 08:19:08 AM »
Racial zone control.

As for the rest, join the club of people seeking answers...

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2008, 08:54:40 AM »
There's a club?! Ace! Do I get a badge? Secret masonic handshake?

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline Envicta

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2008, 09:09:22 AM »

I shall come!   Either with Envicta (WP) or Herb (Eng)

Envicta is probably the way to go,  as he's recently picked up Martyrs Blessing,    giving me a 30-yard-channeled heal for everyone in the Warband..      So a lot of healing potential there,      great for soaking up AE/DoT type damage..

However if we're lacking in T2 numbers,  I'll come with DA HERB!!!

Envicta

Offline Malt

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2008, 03:12:46 PM »
I'll be there with my lev 23 RP, as I have had permission from SWMBO  ;D

Will I need to be on TS?  I've never used it before, and need to set it up correctly before we play.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2008, 03:14:15 PM »
Would help matey, even if all you can do is listen.

When you get a chance try setting it up and if you get stuck start a thread and we'll post you through it :)

================

Update on zone ownership as at 4pm:

All t3 except Talabecland keep = Blue

Nearly all t2 = Red

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2008, 03:19:28 PM »
Wow we're rockin T3. Might be the T3 half is short lived! I hope everyone's got their alts at the ready :p

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2008, 03:27:16 PM »
ill be on at some point for this wherever needed

T3 only Gladin ;)

T2 i has at least 6 level 12s :)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline diknmuis

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2008, 04:14:48 PM »
hello everyone
I try to join aswell this evening
grtz

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2008, 04:59:10 PM »
One thing to note, spaces on TS are currently limited to 25 (Planning upgrading the TS to 50 users or more after my return from Iceland in 3 weeks or maybe Vent), so if we get to a stage where it is full, it would be best if the command groups of each Tier Warband remain on TS and then every one else logs from it, basically to just have commanders able to discuss wb actions and relay to wb chat.

I cannot envision we will have every attendee on TS anyways, but its a thought to bear in mind.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2008, 05:26:35 PM »
T3 is all blue....

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2008, 09:08:22 PM »
So I found a fight in Avelorn, we went we kicked ass over and over.

Will say slightly more tomorrow, but enjoyable first night for me - cant wait till we all hit t4 and get really into it :)

T2 sounded like you had good times too and got stuff done, shame there wasnt numbers for the 2nd keep you tried :(

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2008, 11:50:35 PM »
yeah was having fun until the CTDs ruined it yet again, seems i only have that problem in RVR areas and its been since the last 2 patches, most recent made it so much worse.  Still not ruling out the weather though 70 mph winds and downpours all day
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2008, 08:39:08 AM »
We had a strange old time in T2 - I think it's abundantly clear that I'm not made for leading 'raids', which is interesting because I love organising the sons of b*tches. I need to figure out how to set my mic up with TS, cause I'm used to Vent. Thanks to the CH guys who came along & got the organisation kickin'. Good times.

We started off in the first Elf T2 zone, took the BOs down, picking up a few randoms along the way. We took the keep in fairly short order, after a couple of false starts on the keep lord. I'm happy to claim overall victory because we took the keep :D

It got a little wierd when we headed down into the second Elf zone to check out the keep down there. It's a good 5 minutes away from the war camp at least without a mount even when you sprint every 30 seconds. Result being, if you die - it gets very boring :/ We pushed into the keep, and met some light resistance (at last some people to kill), but by this point we'd lost some players by attrition and couldn't get a foothold to work on the npcs. The destruction players mustered, and one or two deaths later (leading to marathon runs back) we mostly lost motivation to continue - and perhaps more importantly we lost all our tanks! So we called it.

I took a couple of screenies, but nothing much interesting (bunch of dudes waiting for BOs to cap lol). I took one or two from when I joined T3, after, which I may post when I get back tonight.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 08:56:44 AM by Torgal »

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"