Author Topic: State of play..  (Read 1081 times)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
State of play..
« on: October 21, 2008, 12:26:23 AM »
There is a PQ in BFP (I think) that has some potential - in stage one both Distro and Order compete against each other to take out the NPC's (and/or each other).
It could be fun however you wanna play RVR or RVE.

I don't relish the prospect of constant RvR but I think lots could be done to improve the challenge - not so much about boosting the NPC's but getting them to be more strategic in how they respond.  Open RvR ends up usually being about which side has the most HP (wounds + heals) - how much talk is there, on the forums & in-game, about Tank/Healer combos?

How many times does a Keep get taken and the mob running off to take the next objective - then complaining about the people who don't RvR when the other side takes it without any effort - rather than using the resource they've just captured to their advantage?  Use it as a base, launching pad for the next confrontation, teaching lowbies about tactics (any level can use siege eq, repair, AOE, scout, etc).
Not to mention that taking the zone gives a bonus to all.

We should think about having a floating base - taking the objectives and then reaping the rewards.  Use the bonus to boost the RR for skills, INF for the EQ - get the unlocks..
Everybody gets a boost - learns what the zone has to offer.  The next day/week - move to another - rinse & repeat.  Each time we become better at working as a team - our skills & abilities improve making the next zone easier.

Aye - scenarios can be a grind - but likewise they can also be great fun as a group.  Not to mention they are a great place to learn about RvR, weapon/skill combos, tactics. People complain about TA - but don't like the other scenarios as there's no lava! :)
In the others you have to work more as a group!  I've been in TA without healers many times - you know sometimes we've actually won :O

If you asked people today to put together a team for guild championships - most would fill it up with meat-heads (no insult implied :)) and healers.

Avelorn is a good example of all this - it's a great fight and most of it happens along the bridge.
Today I actually managed to pull some people along the right flank - across the river to the back gate of the keep  (held by Destro).
8-10 of us rushed up to them another bunch holding the line on the bridge.  They ran (they could have easily held both fronts) and we held the field again for a siege.

It then went tits up of course - you didn't have many people working together - people were using their siege eq until it fell to pieces not bothering to repair, bolster, etc.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: State of play..
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 05:05:47 AM »
The message of the day then is teamwork!!

Love the idea on using keeps as a resource - thats what claiming them supposedly does - in conjunction with the BO buffs (except they are not the best buffs tbh).

but likewise they can also be great fun as a group.

TRUE!  Especially TA becomes fun with guildies involved. Although had some fun in other scenarios lately with small guild groups too.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."