Author Topic: Cogwheel Crashes: A temporary solution  (Read 2007 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Cogwheel Crashes: A temporary solution
« on: October 19, 2010, 03:30:01 PM »
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=27300876552&sid=1

Hey Guys,

There's tons of threads posted and lots of promising solutions. I have one that I've been testing for three days and have not had as much as lag spike when mousing over cogs. This works if you're willing to disable tooltips when you are anywhere a cog icon might show up.

You will need to create two macros, for "turn off tooltips" and "turn on tooltips".

Turn Off Tooltips

/script GameTooltip.Temphide = function() GameTooltip:Hide() end;  GameTooltip:SetScript("OnShow", GameTooltip.Temphide);

Turn On Tooltips

/script GameTooltip:SetScript("OnShow", GameTooltip.Show);

This should get you through until the official fix comes down from Blizzard. Happy hunting!

Hopefully this helps all of us having this issue.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: Cogwheel Crashes: A temporary solution
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 10:46:33 AM »
everybody is dc'ing at loading screens entering instances after this mornings maintenance and getting stuck there.

could just be an issue with server overload but i can see the servers coming down again or restarts.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 11:23:07 AM »
i see blizz have been going to the same school of patches as CCP then ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 02:38:43 PM »
i see blizz have been going to the same school of patches as CCP then ;)

Ive had similar thoughts - especially when usually Blizz and their billions of dollars are normally much better at patches.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."