Author Topic: Major Patch incoming  (Read 5889 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Major Patch incoming
« on: March 27, 2011, 12:42:27 PM »
30-Day Update Heralds Massive Invasions, Unique Loot, and New Epic Raid Zone

Trion Worlds today announced the first worldwide, fully dynamic conflict event for the immensely successful MMORPG, RIFT™. The battle for Telara intensifies as world-changing invasions from the Plane of Death engulf the planet, giving Ascended heroes a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be part of a key moment in the game’s history. Beginning March 30th, players will witness the true power of Regulos the Destroyer, and the world of RIFT will never be the same.

This robust update comes less than a month after the game’s March 1st launch, making it one of the most aggressive post-launch content releases ever for a new MMORPG.

Unprecedented Invasions & Exclusive Rewards

Starting next Wednesday, Alsbeth the Discordant will lead massive invasions across every zone in Telara, raising legions of liches, ettins, and gravemakers to battle Ascended. Over the course of about a week, participating players of any level fighting these invaders can earn hundreds of new items including exclusive rewards, such as a Spectral Horse and a transmogrifying disguise that turns Ascended into the rotting undead. But be warned: once the rifts are sealed, these items are gone forever.

Raid Zone: River of Souls

If Ascended are successful in their efforts to drive back the invasions, they can journey to the “River of Souls” 20-man raid zone at the edge of the Plane of Death where Alsbeth the Discordant is reanimating the recently departed and recruiting them into Regulos’ army. Guardian and Defiant heroes will have to wade through these decaying hordes to reach Alsbeth and make her account for her abhorrent crimes.

The Founder’s Pricing plan for RIFT has been extended until March 31st. Details for all plans are available at www.riftgame.com/subscriptions.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
Re: Major Patch incoming
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 07:12:31 PM »
All very nice but I think people would have prefered they spent the time working on the game engine to make it a little better for all those poor souls suffering bad frame rates with their very expensive GPU / CPU setups... :D

Did i sound even a little honest there with that outburst, i don't think so  ;)
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 10:52:47 AM »
Funny mac :)

Anyways, link to rift site on this patch:

http://uk.riftgame.com/en/game/updates/river-of-souls.php

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 09:33:19 AM »
Authenticator is available now (Android and iphone).

1.1 content patch for the game is released this afternoon to both EU and US servers.

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 04:46:56 PM »
having seen the number of complaints from people locked out of their own accounts because of the authenticator issues i think i shall leave it be at present.

once its been 'beta tested' by the unfortunate individuals i'll pick up the 'fixed' version  :D
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 04:21:00 PM »
Patch reset my warrior.  Good because free respec ;)

Bad because I never had my build saved anywhere, so will have to research again.

Has made my mage more fun though which is a plus.