Author Topic: The joy of transfering a server with a character  (Read 2314 times)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
The joy of transfering a server with a character
« on: September 02, 2009, 05:32:01 AM »
If anybody ever intends to change server with a character and expect things to happen within the three busiess days mentioned in the LOTRO FAQ, you have to consider the following:

1) The day you make the transfer is not counted.

2) Thursdays are not counted.

3) If one of the days happen to be a bank-holiday in some EU country, it is not counted.

4) If a day has some major problems (some server crash for example), it is not counted.

This is my intepretation from the e-mail I got from Codemasters customer service. Ie while it appears a week has gone since I payed for the character transfer, only *two* days has actually passed. I pray there is not a bank holiday somewhere in Europe today or that no servers crash, because tomorrow is Thursday again...

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: The joy of transfering a server with a character
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 06:12:51 AM »
Im surprised one of the rules isnt "wont transfer if the day ends in a y".
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 04:14:12 PM »
Now it is past 5PM in England, according to the Codemasters FAQ transfers are completed between 9 AM and 5 PM.

And the transfer is still pending.

Fuck this shit, if I may say what I am thinking. Apparently I have to again start the process of getting my money backs. Total shit :(

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 04:20:58 PM »
it does sound like thay are shit

i must say as soon as i heard pre release that they were setting up in France i knew shit like this would happen.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 07:40:57 PM »
The burglar was finally transfered, a few days later than I expected...

The funny thing is the burglar is now called Fitz-1, which I think shouldn't be possible. Have to go to bed now and try to figure out tomorrow how many angry e-mails fixing the name needs...

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 09:07:35 PM »
Don't they give you an illegal name when it already exists on the new server, so the game will prompt you to change it on first login?
Used to be that way with wow...
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 09:18:55 PM »
The burglar was finally transfered, a few days later than I expected...

The funny thing is the burglar is now called Fitz-1, which I think shouldn't be possible. Have to go to bed now and try to figure out tomorrow how many angry e-mails fixing the name needs...

id just log in and pester a gm they should be able to sort ya out.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2009, 11:59:23 AM »
The burglar Fitzer is now available to join HoJ :)

The "-1" at the end of the name means one should use the command /changename NewName

A GM told me this pretty fast, I guess there are not many players online at this time :p

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2009, 12:18:46 PM »

The "-1" at the end of the name means one should use the command /changename NewName

A GM told me this pretty fast, I guess there are not many players online at this time :p

dont think any of my 2 toons still in HoJ have invite abilities ;)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 12:30:40 PM »
Mad horrid sotrm here but I'll brave it and logon.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 01:35:22 PM »
Thanks Mangala,Fitzer is in now :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2009, 08:50:32 PM »

dont think any of my 2 toons still in HoJ have invite abilities ;)

Both of them do - one prior to today, the other today, just because :D

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 07:15:06 AM »
I have to admit my shame in front of all burglars  :(  There was this quest (got the sucker once to about 40-50%, but then had to bravely HIPS as I had absolutely everything else on cooldown and just about to die) I was unable to solo  :'(

Happily Polo offered to help, and I think nobody noticed this, and thus I can still bravely hold my gaze in front of the other burgs.

Anyway, if anybody need help with any quests where I could lend a hand, don't hesitate to ask :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 07:16:30 AM »
I have to admit my shame in front of all burglars  :(  There was this quest (got the sucker once to about 40-50%, but then had to bravely HIPS as I had absolutely everything else on cooldown and just about to die) I was unable to solo  :'(

Happily Polo offered to help, and I think nobody noticed this, and thus I can still bravely hold my gaze in front of the other burgs.

Anyway, if anybody need help with any quests where I could lend a hand, don't hesitate to ask :)

Polos a friendly hobbit like that ;)