Author Topic: Research guidelines  (Read 1674 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Research guidelines
« on: February 23, 2009, 11:06:39 PM »
I will list in Detail at a later date exactly what is needing done (compiling the info at the mo so check back for updates) so until i collate the info please use these guidelines

Ammos :- research to 100s on both

Modules :- research to 50 on both (includes rigs)

Frigates :- research to 20 on both

Cruisers :- research to 10 on both

Copying :- always make max run copies but try not fill a slot for more than 1 week.

Once copies have been done put in the "for MAADI box"

p.s. ive put most of the BPOs in the relevant boxes although at the mo most of the items in the needs ME box are also in need of PE as well.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 07:54:35 AM by Warcold »
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Research guidelines
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 11:27:32 AM »
Cap ships ME:2 is good.  ME:1 for Motherships+
Cap Ship Parts I like to have ME:50+ as a minimum, ideally ME:100 - with the parts it's handy to have a decent PE on 'em mostly due to the volumes of parts needed.
When copying Cap Parts - 5-runs are good. As it's a good compromise of utility of the BPC vs time.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Jeremiah

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 11:18:08 PM »
If you copy for inventions there is no need / point in making max run copies.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 10:53:00 AM »
for future reference:
Lannee Ennox > basic rule with rig research is : take the most expensive item, divide by 5 and research up to that ME - so if it needs 100 of some item research up to 20
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Rexorr

• MAADI
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 01:45:59 AM »
Found an awsome research calculator.  It give you the ideal ME research level and helps figure your cost for making the Items vs. the Ideal cost. 

Blueprint Calculator

Also, I'm having trouble finding research slots in High sec.  Do we have an advanced mobile Lab for any of our POS's?

-Rexorr
"Welcome to Eve, here is a Rubic's cube, now fuck off."  - CCP Soundwave

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 06:00:46 AM »
KASEI has labs and can research (if the alts have time etc)

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 09:19:03 AM »
If you copy for inventions there is no need / point in making max run copies.

from eve guides....

Q - If I use a max run BPC will I get any benefit?
A - Without a decryptor a max run BPC makes no difference at all, with a decryptor a max run BPC will add an extra 1 run (ships) 10 run (modules, drones and ammo) onto the outcome of the job (if you are successful). More details about max run on the decryptor page.

any thoughts on this? I understand there have been a few changes over the years with invention, but having spoken to 3 different people and perused numerous different guides there still seems to be no definative answer. ???

« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 09:20:44 AM by Macrune »
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 09:43:47 AM »
From the eve online wiki (and thus official?):

Invention BPC Runs

A successful Invention always results in a BPC with at least one run. Before decryptors are considered, ship T2 BPCs have a maximum of one run and all other items have a maximum of ten runs. This maximum is modified by Decryptors as mentioned above. The number of runs on a BPC from a successful Invention is proportional to the number of runs on the input BPC divided by the maximum runs on the input BPC.

Note that a consequence of this is that it is not worthwhile to use maximum run input BPCs when inventing ships without decryptors. When inventing ships, one run is both the maximum and minimum, thus additional runs on the input BPC will not improve the output. When using decryptors, maximum run BPCs are recommended to take full advantage of the run enhancements.

When invention modules and other non-ship items, its is worthwhile to use maximum run BPCs to get a T2 BPC with the full ten runs.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 10:53:05 AM »
yup pretty much, unless using decryptors stick to single run BPCs as more runs gives 0 benefit, if using decryptor then go with max run

decryptors can be the most expensive part of the invention process, unless you find them probing, i personally made a fortune selling "found" decryptors, and used quite a few for myself too.

i personally wouldnt go to the expense of using decryptors unless my science skills for the invention were all 5 or i had loads of money, failure to invent with decryption hurts the wallet.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Rexorr

• MAADI
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 04:38:42 PM »
I guess I need to get my alt into Kasai
"Welcome to Eve, here is a Rubic's cube, now fuck off."  - CCP Soundwave