Author Topic: Re: Red Versus Blue. Endless war.  (Read 22526 times)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Red Versus Blue. Endless war.
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2012, 07:10:37 PM »
Eager... well more like bored out of my skull... Hate having nothing to do and I'm really really really not going to run missions.

and i joined blue. (or tried) but i'll guess i'll wait until tomorrow before making a fuss.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2012, 12:07:15 AM »
So whens the next ganked thingy?? So i can in my unemployed missery go shoot stuff?  :D

7th. January.

Battlecruisers.  Im providing 60 tier 3 BC's anyone who doesnt get one of those, brings their own bc (any tier) or smaller if they are poor/low sp etc :)

Haha .)

Well serves me for using a hic :P

http://handsofjustice.co.uk/maadi3kb/index.php/kill_detail/30256/

But i got to see my first supercapitals :) not a single kill but it was fun  ;D

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2012, 07:24:45 AM »
We couldve taken that titan.

Seriously.

All we needed was 1 squad to force the carrier back in initially - not all of us as I called it - and the rest of keep up deeps on the thing.  60% armour with a ragtag band of bc's and stuff, its pretty sweet.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2012, 07:32:27 AM »

Seriously.

All we needed was 1 squad to force the carrier back in initially - not all of us as I called it - and the rest of keep up deeps on the thing.  60% armour with a ragtag band of bc's and stuff, its pretty sweet.

Thats assuming they wouldn't have popped triage on the carriers...

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2012, 08:50:22 AM »
Hmm been thinking a bit. If we could have gotten them to pop triage the only armour rep bonused carriers they had there were the crappy nids. (at least I can't remember having seen any other right now)
So had we been able to force them to use triage on one of them it isn't impossible we would have been able to kill a carrier.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2012, 01:06:40 PM »

Seriously.

Thats assuming they wouldn't have popped triage on the carriers...

They didnt at all - Elise's titan was cap fit (recharging after a jump) according to him on Twitter.  The carriers seemed to be trying to tfr cap rather than rep so he could bail if necessary.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 08, 2012, 02:20:26 PM »
A bit weird they didn't focus all fire at me from the carriers/supercarriers given our complete lack of logis I would've gone down fairly fast and the titan would be free.
Next time I'll make sure to have a cyno on the ship :P

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 17, 2012, 10:40:57 AM »
Quite fun reading the comments on the youtube clip.
Lots of people seem mad we had the audacity to attack without having a chance haha (given we KNEW we were going to die anyway).

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2012, 11:04:19 AM »
Quite fun reading the comments on the youtube clip.
Lots of people seem mad we had the audacity to attack without having a chance haha (given we KNEW we were going to die anyway).

thems the idiots that dont know what Gank is all about
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #101 on: January 18, 2012, 07:42:46 PM »
RVB has gone to new forums:

http://rvbeve.com/forums/index.php?/portal/

And 2 new killboards (slowly being repopulated)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #102 on: February 07, 2012, 11:10:59 AM »
EVE is still fun for me folks - mainly due to Ganked.  Below is my write up of Sundays fun:

Let me tell you managing 220 people, some of whom have never flown together, some of whom have never flown in anger, is an experience.

Yes folks, it was Ganked 15: All Back of the Bus last-night and it was a memorable one. 

First off we had advertised the roam on the EVE sub-reddit and it had also been arranged that EVE Radio would be in attendance, as a result we opened up the fleet to the listeners of Tranquillity's premier radio station, which resulted in over 220 in fleet at its peak.  Which was a glorious sight, especially as 90% actually turned up in the hulls suggested by myself: Brutix, Cyclone, Ferox & Prophecy.

We managed to leave Rens back on time - and hit the low sec meetup to grab our blinkies, then piled into Great Wildlands and moved down towards Curse, with not much happening along the way, until we get into K-B2D3 where there was a large gang featuring Machariels!

It was here that the size of the fleet, the general unruliness of comms and my obvious sobriety came into play, with a total clusterf*** resulting from messed up fleet warps, to scouts calling stuff for other scouts to bits of the fleet trying to be warpins - and failing; we did score some kills, but lost a fair few folks along the way while doing so. But thems the breaks I suppose. I know now that my limit for "command" is around 150 at most for a Ganked, maybe 100 for more serious affairs. 

And so we moved on, having realised that -A- had retaken HED-GP and are usually good for the under the shirt, over the bra action we all really craved we headed there.  Your's truly decloaked first when we jumped into a gang of Zealots off a gate, luckily House2Twist took the reigns again and did a marvellous job from then on including a good fight in HED itself.  Awesome work as ever!

By this time the fleet had dwindled downwards to much more manageable numbers, however apparently there was a sporting event in the USofA and many folks logged to prep for that. The best of us stayed on and ventured through Querious and into Delve, were we messed up some locals - we hoped they would bring friends but they didnt. Since we had not yet died, we decided to visit Test again, this time we went to Fountain.  Took us some time, and some local spam, but the locals agreed to fight us. 
We who are about to die salute you!

Except we did not die, we fought a drake heavy gang with logi support that jumped into us, and won. Well that was a new one for us. 

DJ Khaled "All I Do Is Win" feat. Ludacris, Rick Ross, T-Pain & Snoop Dogg / Victory In Stores Now

Suddenly it was 2am and we meandered out of Fountain and through Aridia and into high sec space again, 30+ of the original 220+ left standing, having roamed over 100 jumps from the south east corner of empire to the north west corner of null, taking over 100 names along the way. 

http://rvbganked.co.uk/kills/?a=cc_detail&ctr_id=21&view=kills

Overall a brilliant night as ever, very messy early on, but that improved along the way, and I know I need to drink more at the start of the nights now...

Videos:

Jaymes Whelty's Us V TEST

RvB Ganked 15 - Poking around Founatin [HD]

Geddonz of the whole night:

Eve Online RvB Ganked:- All Back of the Bus

strongfarce (Not sure who you are in eve fella) did a couple of vidyas:

RVB Ganked #15 - Tier 1 BCs vs. Sniping Machariel Fleet

RVB Ganked #15 - Rejected Marriage Proposal

EVE Radio full stream of the thing:

http://eve-radio.com/video/on-demand?pid=54

Next week we return to Saturdays, with the Kaley Cuoco Principle. I shall see you in Stacmon at 21.00 on the 11th February.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 11:12:58 AM by Mangala »

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2012, 02:14:14 PM »
What no Titan this time? I'm diappointed in you, Jon.

Nice work though. Makes me want to re-sub for EVE again. Stupid work not paying me more.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Re: Red Versus Blue. Endless war.
« Reply #104 on: February 12, 2012, 05:02:54 AM »
7 hr roams... 

Mmmmm breakfast time.

Sent using Android Mind Bullets