Author Topic: Join or else !?!?!?  (Read 3414 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Join or else !?!?!?
« on: May 12, 2009, 10:48:52 PM »
logged on for skill swappage and found this in my mail.

2009.05.12 20:12
Hi

For sometime now i have been watching who has been joining the fleet opps in every corp and to me it seems to be the same ones all the time.

This is not good enough and im afraid that it needs to change from tomorrow i want to see more of this alliance going on roaming opps or gate camps otherwise there will be Restrictions put in place and fines and i dont want to do that but if it doesnt change then you leave me no choice.

this is an alliance we pull together on these things

regards

MD

.... now i know i dont live in Fountain these days but this is an example of one of the reasons i left :S

give us all and we give you nothing seems to be what they offer, but then as i said previously im a hater.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Join or else !?!?!?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 04:52:24 AM »
Hmm... Thats idiotic.
However there is nothing I can do. They would probably only listen to red or mangs.
Since we have no say in anything why should we join ops without benefit to ourselves? If they want us to base around pnq give us a reason.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 07:10:04 AM »
Mangs could you talk to them perhaps??
Try to make them understand that they have to offer something as well and not treat people as cannon fodder. Most of us are a bit too old to accept being treated as that.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 08:02:16 AM »
Mangs could you talk to them perhaps??
Try to make them understand that they have to offer something as well and not treat people as cannon fodder. Most of us are a bit too old to accept being treated as that.

Certainly can try - I have 3 full days of nothing to do coming up (finally!) so I shall take them to task.

(PS to answer a question from elsewhere, alliance fee totall 346mill (8mill per member) + 26mill representing the concord alliance fee.  PL rentage = 5mill per member)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 08:09:54 AM »
Lol and what the heck does the alliance do with all that cash?
(and the 50m from the office rents in pnq?)

When you talk to them try to get any kind of account of what the cash is used for since we are "non rent paying" it should be cheeper than being renters.

If they are to take that much cash they really need to have a very good reason for it.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 08:33:27 AM »
so with the 43.25 members we got, we would safe 3 * 43.25 + 26 = 155.75M per month if we became plain renters again...

this would pay for the 25% less POS upkeep i guess? only nasty thing is that POS upkeep is not only about the money, but also about the amount of reloads per month, which is a b!tch

about the mail quoted in first post: "hate to say i told you so"  :-\
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 08:40:26 AM »
Did some thinking. (rare isn't it ;) )

We aren't paying rent to PL from what I understand, that should mean we pay less per head to them than rent (we pay for protection or whatever insted) but assume we pay the same 5m/player to PL that leaves 3m/player to the alliance wallet.
The alliance has about 322 members.
Sum total of at least 966m/month in alliance fees being pulled in.
The only thing that is available to the alliance membership (or maybe it is just us) is the jumpbridges. Assuming the consumption from the bridges are on average 1k jumps with a bs per month that would mean a approximate cost of 330m. So what is the rest for?

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 08:41:05 AM »
so with the 43.25 members we got, we would safe 3 * 43.25 + 26 = 155.75M per month if we became plain renters again...

this would pay for the 25% less POS upkeep i guess? only nasty thing is that POS upkeep is not only about the money, but also about the amount of reloads per month, which is a b!tch

about the mail quoted in first post: "hate to say i told you so"  :-\

The minimum fee is 200m iirc.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 09:02:42 AM »
above is what we would safe, the rental fee would be 5 * 43.25 > 200
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 09:12:58 AM »
above is what we would safe, the rental fee would be 5 * 43.25 > 200

Ok.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2009, 09:25:36 AM »
Did some thinking. (rare isn't it ;) )

We aren't paying rent to PL from what I understand, that should mean we pay less per head to them than rent (we pay for protection or whatever insted) but assume we pay the same 5m/player to PL that leaves 3m/player to the alliance wallet.
The alliance has about 322 members.
Sum total of at least 966m/month in alliance fees being pulled in.
The only thing that is available to the alliance membership (or maybe it is just us) is the jumpbridges. Assuming the consumption from the bridges are on average 1k jumps with a bs per month that would mean a approximate cost of 330m. So what is the rest for?

quafe and exotic dancers for the staff

Offline cmaxx

• MAADI
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2009, 11:31:42 PM »
Stationary for writing stern memos to alliance about not joining in the PvP fun...

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2009, 09:50:52 AM »
if they want people to join in PVP roams etc then they need to get out of the mindset "fit the way i tells ya or dont bother coming" as its very arrogant of them to think that PVP ships need armour tank (as i can get vastly better numbers in my shield tanked ships than you armour tankers talk about .... soz ;P  ) and just stop being arrogant pricks in general .  oh ....and stop sending me frikking mail in German, yes i can read it however it hurts my brain its been a while since i studied it at school and the only other time i hear it is when my sister in law is on the phone but i blame my brother for that.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 10:39:37 AM »
if they want people to join in PVP roams etc then they need to get out of the mindset "fit the way i tells ya or dont bother coming" as its very arrogant of them to think that PVP ships need armour tank (as i can get vastly better numbers in my shield tanked ships than you armour tankers talk about .... soz ;P  ) and just stop being arrogant pricks in general .  oh ....and stop sending me frikking mail in German, yes i can read it however it hurts my brain its been a while since i studied it at school and the only other time i hear it is when my sister in law is on the phone but i blame my brother for that.

My first wife was german.  I made a concious decision not to learn any german. That way when she screamed at me during one of her famous temper tantrums I could ignore her quite easily as she tended to revert to german when she got annoyed and i didnt understand a word  ;D
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2009, 11:04:44 AM »
what do you say? you want me to go to the pub? ok!