Author Topic: A Wow Thread  (Read 68583 times)

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Re: A Wow Thread
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2009, 06:08:28 PM »
where've you gone these days then taith packed your bag from aszune for good?

Had a slight Alliance revival now that Nim's been booted out of Synch, though for some reason she's still allowed to post on parts of the forums and I twitch when I see a post from her. I still mostly play Horde, but I've transferred a couple of toons over to The Sha'tar and have done a little endgame with a guild Fian found there. Pretty good people, though it's a Euro guild so the raid times are a bit early.

To be honest, if they removed achievements, made raids more open world (therefore having an aspect of pvp involved), added a proper death penalty/loot on players, added public dungeons, got rid of the room-tunnel-boss format they like for instances and gave back the higher needed exp (or the ability to STOP xp gain) for all levels (basically making the journey important as it once was), I'd look at it again as a 3rd or 4th mmo.

So aside from one or two small things...
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2009, 12:23:27 AM »
im not bitter about WOW its a GAME i left due tom e hating the game and the twats that told me wasnt "in the ganG" so couldnt do end game

cant say i remember who they are, lifes too short hope you werent one of em Elv (only saying that as i honestly cant remember or care less but youll know what i mean ;)  )

BOO YAHH

LOve you guys you are all ace

Gxx
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2009, 11:00:46 AM »
I'm so glad I saved some late night Garry posts for later on the day. Means the grin on my face is spread over the day  ;D
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2009, 11:40:38 AM »
I'm so glad I saved some late night Garry posts for later on the day. Means the grin on my face is spread over the day  ;D

im glad i amuse you matey :)

just as well i dont get drunk often, next time ill hide my keyboard before i go out.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Pashur

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2009, 04:35:58 PM »
The achievements are definitely not my thing and when most other people was so hyped up about them I realized the time to quit had come.
I will most likely go back and check it out at some point but with no new classes in the next expansion not even that interests me.

BTW, Mangala, have you been playing with the forum :) Writing posts with light gray font on white background is not exactly easy!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2009, 05:07:10 PM »
No forum editing at all for a while actually. Forum default is black on white iirc? (I use a white on black personally, with post box being black on white).

Especially not today though - been in the FW and PVP roundtables.  Former had lots of tears about lag in FW zones; latter had tears about suicide ganking, hate on people suggesting no insurance, hate on 1man war decs etc etc.  Shall detail more in the other thread this week :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2009, 05:23:57 PM »

im glad i amuse you matey :)

just as well i dont get drunk often, next time ill hide my keyboard before i go out.
you'll find a way   :D
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2009, 10:23:12 AM »
Bah, partly because of this thread I re-activated my WoW account. And then my computer died... Just got the PC back though, now with a brand new PSU and gfx card (nothing fancy, a 9800GT 512MB, but still an upgrade for me), so I can supposedly check out tonight how the game is nowadays.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2009, 10:48:17 AM »
Bah, partly because of this thread I re-activated my WoW account. And then my computer died

thats karma in my book

but seriously sucks when things go boom.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2009, 11:01:30 AM »
thats karma in my book
Ummm... I did intend to log on my Karma (although only after I'd check my Horde toons on Dentarg, of course), when the computer died...

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2009, 11:48:03 AM »
thats karma in my book
Ummm... I did intend to log on my Karma (although only after I'd check my Horde toons on Dentarg, of course), when the computer died...
HAHA thats epic!

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2009, 04:43:38 PM »
Bah, partly because of this thread I re-activated my WoW account. And then my computer died... Just got the PC back though, now with a brand new PSU and gfx card (nothing fancy, a 9800GT 512MB, but still an upgrade for me), so I can supposedly check out tonight how the game is nowadays.

Thats becouse you didn't come to eve ;)

Offline Ferrosol

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2009, 09:25:50 PM »
Had a lot of fun playing wow over the years but I think now I am just completely burnt out on it. I went back for a couple of months when Wrath of the Lich king came out and it was a definite improvement its just that somehow it just did not seem as much fun as it used to be. Still if the mood ever takes me I can always drag out my old Boomkin and let free the moonfire spam.

Eve Online: Sybil Tanitha
Eve Online Jennifer Ammant

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
Terry Pratchett, Jingo

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2009, 10:57:39 PM »
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2009, 01:28:26 AM »
I am not spending near as much time in wow these days as i used to, but it is still fun to log in and tank a couple of heroics or maybe even a raid for guildies. I also have a new goal of at least trying to level a horde character to see what the horde side is like before cataclysm comes and rearrange the old world. Might just end up faction changing one of my alts a couple of weeks before expansion hits as a last desperate attempt. :D