Author Topic: War-Decced by Merchants Trade Consortium  (Read 45461 times)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: War-Decced
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2009, 05:26:05 PM »
Make sure you all have TS setup and running.
You'll need to be logged into TS everytime you log into the game now.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Pashur

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2009, 05:37:44 PM »
I don't know about bait.
They declare war, they scout our system. They obviously think we are easy meat and maybe they are right, maybe not.
They will most likely be in Antt tonight. Are you guys sure we are not taking their bait?  ;)

An alternative strategy could be to bore them to death tonight and muster a force another day when they are not so organized.
One can assume they will muster all they can tonight unless they follow the bore strategy and hit us when we relax.
I will leave the  running of the war to you experienced guys. Have fun tonight.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 07:21:52 PM by Pashur »

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2009, 05:53:31 PM »
I don't know about bait.
They declare war, they scout our system. They obviously think we are easy meat and maybe they are right, maybe not.
They will most likely be in Antt tonight. Are you guys sure we are not taking their bait?  ;)

An alternative strategy could be to bore them to death tonight and muster a force another day when they are not so organized.
One can assume they will muster all they can tonight unless they follow the bore strategy and hit us when we relax.
I will leave the war to you experienced guys. Have fun.

Highly likely that they will bring out all the bells tonight yes. Depending on why they are doing the war of course but likely they are in it to try to extort money from us, by killing lots of us the first day they could think they can force a submission to them.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2009, 06:23:40 PM »
FYI - Dont smack these guys in local; Dont respond to convo requests; Just dont interact any other way except shooting with them. We give them no public tears, or smack and they may just get bored all the more quicker (or more infuriated, eother way win/win for us :D)

PS. I'll pod anyone I see smacking them - or even talking in local for the duration of the dec.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2009, 07:52:47 PM »
“In a battle all you need to make you fight is a little hot blood and the knowledge that it's more dangerous to lose than to win.”

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2009, 08:19:58 PM »
      “History teaches us that in asymmetric warfare the most heavily armed do not always win”

A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Magnus

• Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2009, 11:24:52 PM »
looks like a good first night for us

according to KB stats we suffered 4.2m damage so far (spread through 7 ships) and dealt 115m damage to them (spread through 2 ships)
so that makes a damage ratio of 27.4 : 1 in our favor, if we can keep up at this rate the war Will be over in no time at all
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 11:27:29 PM by Magnus »

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2009, 01:46:20 AM »
Very nice work for the first conflict of the war guys: Efficiency:   93.65% (the ISK values don't add up properly if you look at the details)

We need to bide our time when we're out numbered and we did well moving about and keeping the right kind of distance until we found a decent target.
Great work on the recon - we had some good eyes in and around the system and the intel was pretty much spot on.

We could do with a little more EW - damps and disruption in addition to the ECM.  With the number of targets - it's hard to lock enough of them down currently to minimise the dmg we picked up.

I'd avoid bringing a BS to the action at the mo - don't go above a BC.  The ships they have are fast and agile - while a BS would be able to soak a little more dmg - you'll also find it harder getting out if we're swamped.

Tomorrow will be tougher - we'll have less on during the day and we need to make sure we don't give them any easy kills.

This is day 1 and we did a great job stepping up to the mark - let's fit up and get ready for the next.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2009, 02:11:24 AM »
That interceptor we encountered early on - a probable fitting it has: http://www.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=2505757
Likewise the Arazu: http://www.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=2295291

Offline Aethis

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2009, 02:20:35 AM »
I think we need to bait them more, try and isolate them one by one, if a guy comes into Anttiri try and trap him.

Also I think the fight in Inari may have been a trap laid by them, we should of warped to the gate after tha Abaddon docked, then we may of been able to catch that Pilgrim alone as it was arriving in the system as backup.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2009, 05:30:13 AM »
I think it went pretty well last night :)  We had a pretty good view on where they were and what they were doing, and we did hit where it did hurt most :)  Thanks for Mangala for FCing, I have a hard time believing this is your first time FCing in a corp-war!

I did remember yesterday wrong my shift for Wednesday; it's not a goddamnearly shift, but a normal early shift. Thus I can hang around today until perhaps 22:00 server time :)  Tomorrow OTOH I won't be available too late.

Let's keep concentrated and keep on hitting where it hurts :)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2009, 06:01:40 AM »
Was great fun :)
Good result and all. However we should realize they were probably not prepared for us to fight. Now that they know they have two choices, retract wardec or step things up.
Since we don't know what their goals are the likely action is stepping up.

I agree that the Inaro thing most likely was a trap. They baited us with a BS and then had us split up chasing the cloaker which gave them time to reinforce and come out with other kinds of ships. I think we should avoid trying to catch single ships in a station as they will play the docking game.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2009, 06:27:03 AM »
And lets not chase inties or stealth bombers ;)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2009, 08:10:59 AM »
I've created a trial account. The pilot is in Anttiri now. As it is a trial, I can't run it on the same computer as the two paid accounts, *but* luckily I have the shitty laptop right next to me. No use in combat, but I can sit at gates and watch Local with it. So, tonight do tell me where to park this third pilot of mine :)

Offline Sinedia

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2009, 08:31:17 AM »
I'm sorry I missed yesterday :(
But it seems I got all the time tonight :) (My wife will be babysitting at her sisters children :P)

My main is itching to get some kills  8)