Author Topic: Do we want Crusader Kings 2? YES WE DO!  (Read 4784 times)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Do we want Crusader Kings 2? YES WE DO!
« on: June 18, 2010, 06:15:50 PM »
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/Crusaderkings

If 25 000 people give their vote, Paradox will develope Crusader Kings 2. Do your part, join today!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Do we want Crusader Kings 2? YES WE DO!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 06:22:59 PM »
Joined/Liked
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 12:21:10 AM »
whats crusader kings?

seriously if i aint heard of it it cant exist ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 05:58:12 AM »
Crusader Kings is a strategy-game with heavy RPG elements. You take control of a dynasty in medieval Europe right before the crusades started, at the time of Hastings. You can take control of some minor noble dynasty (like for example Hapsburgs) or an established dynasty (like Wilhelm the Conqueror & Co), and survive through centuries until the fall of Byzantium, rising the family to power. It is somewhat niche game, as you have to be a strategy-game geek *and* a roleplayer to really like the game, but if you are both, then there is no other game coming even close to Crusader Kings :)

From Wikipedia:
Crusader Kings is a grand strategy game made by Paradox Interactive about the period from December 26 1066 until December 30 1452. It was released in 2004. Unlike other past Paradox titles (Hearts of Iron, Victoria and the Europa Universalis series), Crusader Kings focuses on building a dynasty instead of a country, having similarities to role-playing games and even The Sims. The lead game programmer was Johan Andersson. As with the other Paradox Interactive history games, Crusader Kings must be considered a macro-management real-time strategy game (as moves are played out simultaneously and continuously) but typically involves far more planning than the fast-paced action that is usually associated with real-time strategy.

It is actually one of the few games I play in SP too, although CK really shines in MP :)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 06:00:00 AM by Jarkko »

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 11:31:28 AM »
i may have to hunt a copy down.  or torrent it *whistles*
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Dehn

• MAADI
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 04:10:14 PM »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 04:14:57 PM »
torrent it *whistles*

die.

Was waiting for one of the resident Paradox folks to see this :)

Im sure he was trolling you!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 11:03:20 AM »
torrent it *whistles*

die.

Was waiting for one of the resident Paradox folks to see this :)

Im sure he was trolling you!

i was trolling ;)

however i didnt expect such a strong reply
die.

im a sad bunny :(

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 11:37:02 AM »
You trolled that you'd take money out of his pockets, hed no more be able to feed his kids or whatever and maybe even lose his job because of eveil pirates :)

The reply can be justified :D

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 04:27:34 PM »
You trolled that you'd take money out of his pockets, hed no more be able to feed his kids or whatever and maybe even lose his job because of eveil pirates :)

The reply can be justified :D

didnt really take it personally, i did bring it on myself after all :D

anyhows Crusader Kings complete is on sale at amazon for £6.85

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 05:49:55 AM »
Crusader Kings 2 was announced yesterday :) Now the question is how to stop the drooling for a year  :D

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 06:27:56 AM »
Crusader Kings 2 was announced yesterday :) Now the question is how to stop the drooling for a year  :D

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/

Why stop??? Get one of those plastic bibs? (the things you have around small kids necks with a collection thing at the bottom for all the food that falls out) or maybe you have one laying around with all the kids you have ;)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 06:44:15 AM »
Why stop??? Get one of those plastic bibs? (the things you have around small kids necks with a collection thing at the bottom for all the food that falls out) or maybe you have one laying around with all the kids you have ;)

Excellent idea! We should have at least one left around somewhere (we did store some of the baby stuff for the time when we hopefully have grand-children :)). I remember trying it on once though, and sadly my neck is so thick (it is all the massive muscles I have, you know ;) ), that I had trouble fitting it...