The Lounge > General Gaming

Wii

(1/4) > >>

Rubino:
I'm tempted to get one for the wench for xmas - but I've never used one myself.

Worth it?

Caradir:
YES

whilst a lot of the games are nothing to write home about graphically they more than make up for in the fun and playability stakes plus ive personally never known gaming to be more sociable, grab a wii lots of booze and willing subjects.

Goatboy:
I consider the wii to be a social gaming apparatus. If you spend most of your time on your own or with just two people, I wouldn't bother. If you regularly have friends over, then yes.

Yes it's fun at first, but in the end all the games aren't about the game, they're about using the remote.

Sold mine almost immediately after buying it. Big plus was that you can play NES and SNES Mario using Wii points. That was fun.

Rubino:
Aye - that's what I'm worried about.  We both tend to work very late - the wench especially (she often gets home around 10pm and leaves many times early).

I'm annoyed that none of the consoles have a PVR upgrade that has a Digitial TV receiver and allows pausing of live TV.

Mangala:

--- Quote from: Caradir on December 20, 2008, 11:21:46 AM ---YES

whilst a lot of the games are nothing to write home about graphically they more than make up for in the fun and playability stakes plus ive personally never known gaming to be more sociable, grab a wii lots of booze and willing subjects.

--- End quote ---

What he said.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version