Author Topic: Application  (Read 1834 times)

Torgal

Application
« on: September 25, 2008, 04:38:47 PM »
Characters & Classes:

Torgal - R14 RR14 Rune Priest
Mellir - R8 RR3 Swordmaster

Ignore the crap gear, levelling in scenarios is woefully not conducive to being well geared. I try.

Timezone: GMT

Gaming Style:

I'd powerlevel to the highest level if I could, but it never works out that way... never really too sure why. I'm not so much about the journey, since I've played enough of these games to know what's what (the storyline doesn't interest me so much). I also don't get as much time to play as a lot of people.

That... didn't paint me in the best light did it? I am a perfectionist. I like to be the best that I can, and my MMORPG interest has been PVP healing for a long time. I rolled my first priest (I had three, but only one to max level) in WoW way back at open US beta, and played the class on and off since then, usually as a battleground (and later arena) healer.

I played a monk for 2 years in FFXI, my first MMORPG. Since then I've played a little Eve. I tried AoC out for a month or two (so much potential that game had). I still have an active subscription to LOTRO, where I play a Guardian, Champion and Captain (all in their 30s atm, on Gilrain) infrequently. Oh and I played CoH for a few months aswell (where I played an empath defender). There's probably more, Korean crazy things like Ragnarok, but they only sort-of count.

In WAR I have been levelling up in scenarios mostly. I haven't dabbled much with open rvr yet, but I plan to. I'm underwhelmed by the PVE, which I see as a means to an end. PQs are ok for a laugh, but I dislike when they are so sparsely populated that they are unclearable. I've frequently been finding that to be the case in dwarf zones at least.

About me:

I'm an IT professional. I'm very happily married, as of 4 months ago. I'm a big sci-fi and fantasy fan, in films and literature, so most of the time I'm not gaming I'll be watching some aliens laser the shit out of each other, or reading about it :D I love comic books (mostly Marvel stuff).

I like a drink as much as the next man, and when the opportunity presents itself I like to head out on the town down to the local rock club. I'm a bit of a metalhead at heart, though you wouldn't know it to look at me.

Currently Loves : Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek, Lost, The Wire, Warhammer 40k novels, Slipknot

Currently Tolerates : Heroes, my cat being sick on the carpet

Currently Hates : Radio 1

Questions for us?

I think I should mention that my wife and best friend also play WAR so if I were to be accepted, I hope that apps from them would be considered favourably also.

...as a parting shot - if anybody wants a healer for any kind of pvp send me a tell. If I'm available, I'm up for it!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Application
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 04:50:12 PM »
Accepting - Radio 1 really does suck.

Ahhh Northamptonshire. Went to uni in Northampton back in the day - need mind bleach for the memories!

And we always like to get friends of members in through the door, makes for a happy guild and a friendly place to play amongst.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Torgal

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 05:26:57 PM »
Great! Thanks.

I should point out that I amusingly lied on my app. I'm only 28. *shock*

That's what a full day's work will do to you ¬_¬

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 10:42:34 PM »
being happily married is easy if your 4 months in  :D

*jk*

Welcome to the team!
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166