Author Topic: Me (Figured I best apply for my own guild)  (Read 2108 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Me (Figured I best apply for my own guild)
« on: September 24, 2008, 09:29:11 AM »
As I said in the title, other people have applied and yet I never have ever in any game I have formed this guild in! (And plus its a good way to get the basics about me out there for the newer folks who havent been with me for a couple of years and a couple of games).

Characters & Classes:
Beosvir - Ironbreaker
Burnavir - Bright Wizard
Viradan - Archmage

Just outside Preston in dear old Blighty.

Timezone:
The only that one that matters - which ever one Greenwich is in at the time. So currently BST, soon GMT.

Gaming Style:
Not really hardcore, not really casual. More casual-core - although nowadays I treat gaming less like a job (people I played wow with will know how much time I spent online back in the day) and more like it should be: focused fun! In MMORPG's I do tend to take the tank role, I like the feeling of being on the frontlines looking for trouble and ensuring the support can do their thing in relative safety while I get hit alot. (S&M tendencies coming through???) So even though I alt, I am most often messing about on my tanks. I also dabble in Lotro from time to time - Middle Earth is very engaging - and play with large spaceships in EVE Online where I have 5 accounts with a variety of characters spread across each, including my well skilled main.

About you:
Names Jon - as a few of you know. I work for myself, teaching businesses how to be more efficient, in between gaming time and getting some travel in - been to various places in my life and have enjoyed them all. Music wise, I'll listen to anything really excepting Metal (I loathe it with the fire of a thousand suns), but mainly Johnny Cash, Dylan, The Doors, Sinatra and The Rolling Stones.  I devour books at amazing rate, will read anything and everything on any topic, until I get bored of it and find a new topic; fiction I love the Mars Trilogy by KS Robinson, all the Discworld stuff by Pratchett and of late all the 40k novels I can find, especially the Gaunts Ghosts stuff.

Questions for us?
Do you all like The Wire? If not why?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 09:51:48 AM by Beosvir »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Debaser

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
Re: Me (Figured I best apply for my own guild)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 09:36:40 AM »
Oooh I love the wire. Though I've not seen any of season 5 yet so I'd appreciate tight lips on the subject.

For fantastic HBO series however deadwood just pips it for me :P
Debaser (IB) Omyi (WP)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 09:38:29 AM »
Season 5 - very off beat, very different, yet with that quality it has. Ties up some loose ends and really does do the previous seasons some justice.

Watch it and enjoy it. Check out Ninja Video (google it) as they have them all!
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 08:34:25 AM »
Johnny Cash ftw!
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Pythias

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 11:31:41 AM »
Is it possible to renamed a guild?
Ghost Riders anyone? Or Riders on the Storm?  ;D