Author Topic: GOA: Subscriptions  (Read 1620 times)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
GOA: Subscriptions
« on: November 16, 2008, 11:40:32 AM »
Just an FYI if you've used your CC to pay for your sub to War.
GOA have, once again, messed up and have automatically enabled renewal on, it appears, all accounts.

If you've suspended, cancelled or checked the "Don't auto-renew" option - check again.

Under the MOTO rules for Credit Cards (not debit cards) you can contact your CC company and get it revoked.
It doesn't apply to debit cards - so it hard or next to impossible to get the charge reversed.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: GOA: Subscriptions
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 12:03:56 PM »
Bah... I was pleased to see they enabled direct debit for Dutchies. Alas there's no money in my bank account until Monday. And enabling it actually didn't work at all. But now I think I'll stick to prepaid cards. -_-
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 12:12:15 PM by Goatboy »
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 12:22:56 PM »
Yes, I already noticed and it annoyed me since I had actually chosen NOT to get an automatic renewal.
I'm not quite buying the screwing up story either, it's a bit too convenient to have everyone renew automatically, since about half your customers will probably leave it as is.
Bah.
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 12:27:16 PM »
It's intentional I think - there's a link, irc, to their legal T&C's in the email.

It's a PR/community screwup - community morale is low and people see it as a cheap trick to boost profits.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 12:34:04 PM »
i thought it was strange at the time no other MMo lets you off without having auto renewal ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 12:37:16 PM »
I think legally in the EU it has to be "Opt In" with "Opt out" enabled by default - but it's been a while since I worked in InfoSec and I'm not up on the latest Rules & Regs.