Author Topic: Open Beta info  (Read 19703 times)

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
Re: Open Beta info
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2009, 03:32:00 PM »
I'll have to agree with you Kurtt. I think most of my MMOing days are over, tbh.
I have some hopes remaining for SW:TOR and Bliz's next-gen MMO, whatever that may turn into...other than that I can't see myself logging on to the same game very day for months anymore.
Things that make questing feel different for me are larger story-arcs, meaningful choices while playing. I know I haven't played much of CO yet, but at first sight it seems like it had very few of those.
That's why I'm thinking it will likely interest me for a few months at first, but no longer. At the moment 1-2 months of play isn't worth ~50e to me.
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2009, 04:00:37 PM »
While this is slightly off topic, you mentioning Blizzards next MMO got me thinking about the upcoming (as yet unannounced) new expansion, Cataclysm. From what I've heard so far, this may well pull me back into WoW.

Damn you Blizz.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2009, 04:03:03 PM »
While this is slightly off topic, you mentioning Blizzards next MMO got me thinking about the upcoming (as yet unannounced) new expansion, Cataclysm. From what I've heard so far, this may well pull me back into WoW.

Damn you Blizz.

Ive read about that - the so called leaks on SA/FOH/EJ make for good reading. Some of them blizz said theyd never do, others are just plain welp :(
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2009, 04:27:00 PM »
Some stuff sounds cool, but it's basically more of the same with some cool twists (like worgen)
The game will still be the same though, probably as easy as the current expansion (so too easy) as Bz looks content to leave it in its current state.
In it's current form, I don't think I'll be pulled back to it, since it left 5-man dungeoning completely irrelevant, and this was what I always loved best.
Apart from that, most of the Blizzard creatives have already been moved over to their secret next-gen MMO, leaving the lesser minds on WoW to mind the store until the last paying wow-customer has been bled dry.
In wotlk, the levelling experience was great, but they'll shorten that in the next expansion (only 5 levels this time), there's no new classes, they won't add a new continent (except possibly the maelstrom, but I don't expect that to be as huge as Northrend, so basically it'll be a few new contents and more endgame. The wow expansions seem to be more and more low-budget to me, actually. :P

Oh, and then there's the fact they're planning to bring dwarf shaman and mages in. Humbug.
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2009, 05:16:15 PM »
you lot heard that the next wow xpack will have a maritime theme?

navel battles for the win

engineer recipe spanish pedelo lol

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2009, 11:29:15 AM »
Oh no! The Destroids are attacking Millennium City! Gather as many Champions as you can and join the fight throughout the city. From 10AM – 11:59PM PDT on August 24th, waves of Destroid robots will be attacking heroes throughout Millennium City. Mega-Destroids will also be causing mayhem and destruction throughout the city, so team up with as many other players as possible to try and take down these massive robots. You might even find some Destroyer clones appearing and utterly decimating your puny heroes. Can you survive? All participants who help take down a Mega-Destroid will receive special perks and items which will be available to them at launch, including a “Mini-Destroid” action figure. Good luck!

gotta do it for my mini fig collection lols :)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2009, 04:03:45 PM »
Oh no! The Destroids are attacking Millennium City! Gather as many Champions as you can and join the fight throughout the city. From 10AM – 11:59PM PDT on August 24th, waves of Destroid robots will be attacking heroes throughout Millennium City. Mega-Destroids will also be causing mayhem and destruction throughout the city, so team up with as many other players as possible to try and take down these massive robots. You might even find some Destroyer clones appearing and utterly decimating your puny heroes. Can you survive? All participants who help take down a Mega-Destroid will receive special perks and items which will be available to them at launch, including a “Mini-Destroid” action figure. Good luck!

gotta do it for my mini fig collection lols :)

I take it that these minifigs will be kept ones as prerelease starts tomorrow?
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2009, 04:08:56 PM »
I take it that these minifigs will be kept ones as prerelease starts tomorrow?

...available to them at launch...!

Clever you is not. Embarrassed you will be. Hrmmm mmm mmmrh mmh!
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2009, 11:26:45 AM »
to answer Kurtts question as to how we complete the end of beta event , answer play during its time
From 10AM – 11:59PM PDT on August 24th

so 1800 -2000 our time take down a mega destroid to complete the mayhem going on just now is nuts but hella fun :)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2009, 02:26:43 PM »
and im a nub :)

that would be 1800 - 0800 tomorrow :D

silly brain

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2009, 10:02:53 PM »
ok after killing a few and not seeing anything clearly stating id completed this i sought an answer

You will not get a notification. But we've got the logs, so as long as you're present in Millennium City, you'll be all set.

was the reply i got so alls good ;)