Author Topic: Neverwinter  (Read 12151 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Neverwinter
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2013, 06:45:51 PM »
but damn it it's D&D!

It truly isnt. 4th ed is anything but Dand D its a bastard tabletop wargame NOT D and D RPG

Just sayin ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2013, 06:58:50 PM »
Yes, in a pen and paper context I was never a fan of 4e.

I keep hearing over the years that Pathfinder sold more units than Wizards ever did with 4e. Whether or not this translates into more money is a separate matter, but it's still a damning indictment.
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2013, 12:53:03 PM »
Just because I had trouble with this and someone I just quested with did as well and since respecs cost real money:

'Unlock rank 3 of all previous thingamajiggies' is a notification and not some hidden ability that unlocks when you rank up all abilities up until that point.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2013, 06:55:46 PM »
Sixteh, bitches!
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2013, 09:12:25 PM »
gz!
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2013, 06:03:41 PM »
tried to dl the client 7kb/s really in this day and age stuff it :-X

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2013, 06:33:56 AM »
yeah it's slow. when you let it running for a while it gets faster.
I started it and walked away, it was done when I got back
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2013, 07:36:37 AM »
seemed i was trying at peak time getting 1mb/s this morning :)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2013, 08:14:49 PM »
They're currently trying to fix a massive, massive AH exploit where you could buy stuff for negative amounts, thus getting paid to buy stuff. Apparently they used massive amounts of AD to buy pretty much all the ZEN listings. :D

http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1empg6/inb4_game_dies/

Apparently the exact same thing happened in Star Trek Online previously. Bit of a fail.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 10:17:58 PM by Goatboy »

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2013, 10:45:52 AM »
Bit odd that they're banning people for testing/using the AH exploit. You're either in beta or you're not. Pick one.

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2013, 02:00:43 PM »
In Star Trek it was the Ferengi and a space/time anomaly. This time, in Faerun, it's the clerics of Urdlen, gnomish god of greed - and bloodlust, evil, hatred, uncontrolled impulse and spriggans, apparently.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2013, 05:01:43 PM »
It seems Stamina is handled client side. So by editing a file, you can get limitless dodge rolls/blocks.

Yay...

AH is still offline after several days.

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2013, 08:07:26 AM »
AH is still offline after several days.

Seems to be a bit of that going around: A Virtual Weimar: Hyperinflation in a Video Game World

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2013, 10:24:56 PM »
Finally given this a go since DCUO is crashing my NVidia graphics card every session. Neverwinter looks utterly pants on my laptop, but it is quite fun. I'm a fan of these twitch MMOs.

My control wizard is level 9. I tried the first dungeon/encounter/whatever you call it and that was fun. What are all these materials I'm collecting for?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2013, 07:52:37 AM »
crafting stuff? You get your crafting slave at level 10 iirc
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)