Author Topic: Ummm...  (Read 4484 times)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Ummm...
« on: February 05, 2011, 09:53:43 PM »
I know this is just one of many, many, many weird things I've contributed to these noble halls...

...but does anyone have any experience with masking a corpse's smell?
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Ummm...
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 10:00:22 PM »
I know this is just one of many, many, many weird things I've contributed to these noble halls...

...but does anyone have any experience with masking a corpse's smell?

Was hoping you would ask here :)

I say fire - you didnt want to live there anyway!

On a more serious note, clean everywhere with the strongest smelling stuff you can - i know you cant get at the apartment, but all the communal areas, even go as far as febreeze after, and keep it all ventilated, as much as you can get away with without pikies coming in the windows and robbing your building!

If it still persists, just fuck your landlord/tenants assoc etc and go to your local council and pull some environmental health bs etc.  While its only a smell, its not conducive to good living is it...
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 10:11:10 PM »
Ah yes, the joys of Facebook. The backstory:

Our alcoholic upstairs neighbour died an indefinite amount of time ago. I've lived here for 3,5 years and I've seen the guy six, maybe eight times in total. They removed his remains last Monday, but it's unclear who is responsible for cleaning the place.

He was renting it, so there's the actual owner, the owners' association and very few family members who didn't have much of a relationship with the guy in the first place. I've got a feeling they're all saying someone else is responsible for cleaning the place.

We've had the communal hallway windows open all day and even today's rough winds didn't do anything to battle the corpse stench.

Our other upstairs neighbour is continuously spraying air freshener. And it's not because she's taking more poopies. I'd know if she were, the building isn't soundproofed very well.

I know my mom used to burn cotton dabbed in something to get rid of the fish smell in the house after she cooked fish. But I don't feel like calling her and explaining the situation to find out what she used.

I guess I'm secretly hoping Macrune has some super secret crime scene tricks. :D

Won't Febreze be really temporary? Might get one of those automatic air fresheners and put it up in the hallway.

God I hope the smell doesn't seep through into our apartment. :(
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline elv

• Friends
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 09:07:10 AM »
watch the movie sunshine cleaning! thats all about clening up after corpses might give you some hints!

laters elv
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 09:32:52 AM by elv »

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 12:04:12 PM »
Id go with the "its not your problem" and slap the landlord to sort it out, and get together with other residents and withold rent until its sorted.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 10:26:22 PM »
Mostly bought apartments. Emailed the association, hoping there'll be some form of action early this week. Until then it's upstairs and downstairs holding my breath. Luckily we're only on the second floor. :D

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 10:34:58 PM »
Windows? Brick.
Permanent ventilation.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166