Author Topic: SWTOR Server Transfers  (Read 9272 times)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
SWTOR Server Transfers
« on: June 07, 2012, 10:06:02 AM »
Hi Folks,

I'm cross posting this from The Farstar Alliance forums. Just an FYI for any of you HoJers who still want to play SWTOR to start the transfer process, or be stuck on a dead server!

Tuesday 12th June is the date Bioware have given for Server Transfers to begin. With the proposed system, our server, Frostclaw, will become an Origin server, or a Destination server. If it's an Origin server, we will be given the option to transfer to a predetermined Destination server. We don't get to choose which Destination server we go to, and there will only be one Destination server chosen, so we should all stay together.

Obviously, I think most of us are in agreement that server population has nose-dived, and that we do need to transfer.

As far as the guild is concerned, we will need to recreate the guild on our Destination server should we need to move. Bioware have stated that guilds with Guild banks will be granted them again for free once they recreate the guild.

My main concern at this point is making sure all guild members who want to transfer get the message and are given opportunity to do so. Unfortunetly, many of you guys have moved on to other games, or decreased your play time (understandable, given some of the recent changes and population issues). However, if you do want to continue playing SWTOR at some point, I do urge you to monitor the Server Transfer news and Destination servers when that info is released.

Also, if you play along with other members of the guild who don't currently play SWTOR, please pass this information on. I honestly believe that a busy, active server would breath new life into this game for a good many of us.

I'll keep updating this thread with Server Transfer news as and when it happens.

Cheers,

Kurtt

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: SWTOR Server Transfers
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 11:28:23 AM »
Thanks for the PM. Sorry to hear things seem to have fizzled out for swtor in general for various reasons.

I take it one needs an active account to be able to transfer?
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 11:50:51 AM »
Not sure Goatey, hasn't been confirmed yet. An FAQ should be due in a couple of days.

I wouldn't go as far as to say things have fizzled out just yet. I'm confident server transfers will get the ball rolling again. I'm on 1.3 PTS now, and it's looking pretty good.

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 10:09:23 AM »
I suppose it would be a bit silly to sign back up for a month just to catch the server transfer.

Damn you Coruscant for being such a lousy zone.
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 11:46:37 AM »
I suppose it would be a bit silly to sign back up for a month just to catch the server transfer.

Damn you Coruscant for being such a lousy zone.

As soon as BW release more info on whether you actually need an active sub or not, I'll update you guys here. I suspect they will require you to have one, but you never know. It would be cool to do it from your account page, and give it a couple of months to see how things go before you decide to resub or not.

The FAQ on this is being posted by BW on Tuesday.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 08:45:43 AM »
Just a little update on this.

I'm seeing claims by the folks over on the SWTOR subreddit, that you can actually initiate the transfer process without being subscribed.

I'm not sure if this is true, but should Frostclaw get flagged as an Origin server, it might be worth trying it out before you decide to resub just to transfer.

A word of warning though: All mails and items in your mailbox gets deleted when you transfer. So if you've used your mailbox as an extra bank, as some do, you will lose all of those items.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 04:41:38 PM »
Thanks for keeping us up to date matey. I appreciate it.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 03:12:48 PM »
Frostclaw --> Nightmare Lands
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 03:24:02 PM »
Post here if you're a member of The Farstar Alliance and need an invite once you get transferred.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 04:45:57 PM »
Anyone with an inactive account tried this yet?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, 05:03:00 PM »
wouldnt think it was possible
Your account...

...must have an active subscription or game time remaining.
    ...must not be banned.

The character you want to transfer...

...must not have been transferred within the last 72 hours.
    ...must not be a guild leader. (Guild members will not have their guild membership transferred.)
    ...should not have any items listed in the Galactic Trade Network. Active Galactic Trade Network listings will not be transferred.
    ...should not have any items, credits or mail in their mailbox. In-game mail will not be transferred. (Items and credits in your inventory are unaffected).
    ...will have its friends and ignore lists reset.
    ...may need to be renamed if your name is already taken on the destination server (you will be prompted for a new name when you log in if this is the case).
    ...will have its Legacy name set to your Legacy name on the destination server.
    ...will have its Legacy level set to the highest Legacy level among the source and the destination.

The destination server...

...must have been open for at least 90 days.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2012, 07:06:27 PM »
I transferred two characters on an INACTIVE account from FC to NL.
I didn't get any error messages when doing so.

I got two emails stating the transfer has been initiated and two emails stating the transfer was succesful.
Both characters no longer show up as being eligible for transfer in account management on the swtor website.

No clue about (legacy) names, as the account isn't active.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 07:17:45 PM by Goatboy »

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2012, 09:23:17 PM »
I just transferred two Imperial characters and one Republic character to Nightmare Lands. (After resetting my password. And then instantly forgetting my new password. And the remembering it after a couple of exasperated minutes.) The transfer was almost instant.

My account has been inactive for several months.
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)