Author Topic: Karl introduces himself  (Read 8988 times)

Offline universal_kalle

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
Karl introduces himself
« on: December 08, 2011, 11:57:54 AM »
Greetings.
One of Spelmamma's friends, not that silly Irishman but one of the full-blooded Vikings! :)
Karl is my name, 27, living in Skövde (Sweden) and attending the university studying to become a computergame programmer. Or should I say *trying* to study? SWTOR is gonna kick my ass in a week!
As I said in Spelmamma's thread I'm the cynic in our little group of friends. And I've got a weird and often brutal sense of humour that some people just don't get :p Atheist to the bone.
I listen to a lot of music. As a student I can no longer afford to put down ~200£ on new music every month which is a major bummer! Favourites are (but not limited to) Fleetwood Mac (and of course Lindsey Buckingham, Christine McVie and Stevie Nicks' solo records), Pink Floyd (Best band in the world, saw Roger Waters' The Wall this year and it was fucking amazing!), Nick Lowe (Me+Lowe = Forever! A really nice guy as well, got to talk to him for a few minutes last summer), Graham Parker (Brittish pubrock at it's best. He'll be in the upcoming film "This is Forty" and hopefully get the praise he deserves), The Who (such amazing energy in their music), Peter Gabriel (both solo and Genesis) and of course David Bowie.
Other than that I'm a huge fracking Transformers (got all the old comics), Stargate (wathced SG-1 like four times now) and Ghost in the Shell (so much deep philosophy and the design is just amazing).
Got two cats, Måne (Moon in English) and Azur (Azure in English :p) that I love to death. Sometimes I get this dreadful feeling that one of 'em have gotten hurt and I need to run home. Cause I don't know what I'd do if something were to happen to 'em.
I also watch a lot of TV-series. Favourites include The Good Wife, The IT Crowd, 30 Rock, Community, Parks and Recreation, Doctor Who, Psych, Dexter, Lost Girl and anything by Ricky Gervais.

I've been both a hardcore raider in WoW and your run-of-the-mill casual. And I did some Ultima Online when that was new. So now I'll be playing SWTOR and Spelmamma found you (or you found her) so.. Yeah.. I'd like to join you guys as well. Goals in the game? Having fun! Not sure if I wanna do the whole raiding thing again.. But we'll see..

My characters ey?
Well I plan on rolling a Commando and a Gunslinger followed by a Jedi Guardian. Also gonna do a Sniper cause their story is just so amazingly good!
Those sound interesting. Please tell us more about 'em, you say.. Well I say but for the sake of the introduction I'll pretend you're asking :p
Commando - Cyborg - Motoko (name taken from the best fracking manga/anime ever!)
Hard as nails, doing everything for the Republic. Doing all those dirty things that keeps it safe but no one wants to talk about. She'd have no problem venting those engineers in the Esseles. It's for the greater good. But she's not heartless and hates corruption within the armed forces and when the Republic doesn't stand to gain from the hard choices she goes for "moral" alternative. She's not to fond of Jedis, thinking they're castrated pacifists. She's a woman of action not afraid to get her hands dirty. Oh and she'll romance the crap out of Timothy Omdunson.. Err... I mean Aric Jorgan. She'll probably end up Dark/Light neutral (hopefully BioWare won't take to long to implement items for that after launch).

Gunslinger - Human? - Kolbe
A selfish son of a bitch! If there are credits to be earned he's there. Whoever pays best will get his help. Not without redeeming qualities though as there are lines he won't cross.

Jedi Guardian - Human? - Name to be determined
Havn't really pinned this guy down yet. But he won't be a holier-than-though Jedi and not afraid to get his hands dirty. He disagrees with the Jedi orders ban on love and emotions and think they're a strength rather thana  weakness. So yeah.. He'll do a romance and encourage other Jedis to do as well. He doesn't think there will ever be peace between the Republic and the Empire as long as the Empire don't respect the Republic. And they will never respect emotionless droids that can't take any action until they've meditated on it for at least a year. OK so I had give this guy more thought than I thought (pun intended).

So as you can see I'd rather not play this game all-out Dark or Light. People aren't black and white. In fact I find those who are to be pretty damn dull and uninteresting :)

Bla bla bla bla bla bla.. Hopefully I havn't scared you off :p

EDIT
Huge Transformers, Stargate and Ghost in the Shell fan.
EDIT 2
Totally forgot The Who in the list of my favourite bands/artists. What's wrong with me!?!
EDIT 3
My cats and TV.
This is just how I work. I keep adding stuff that I've forgotten ^^
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 12:33:52 PM by universal_kalle »
"Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder but ugly is there for everyone to see", Kevin Gilbert (1966-1996)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Karl introduces himself
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 12:00:15 PM »
I like you.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline universal_kalle

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 12:01:53 PM »
Oh and before you ask. I'll take a raspberry cake! Raspberry pie is very good too though.. How about a pie INSIDE the cake? Yeah.. The thought blew my mind as well!
"Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder but ugly is there for everyone to see", Kevin Gilbert (1966-1996)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 12:04:20 PM »
We need him.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 12:35:57 PM »
Stargate and cats sold me ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Spelmamma

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 12:47:41 PM »
*pokes about in Karl's post to gets revenge*

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 12:48:45 PM »
Nom.

Offline universal_kalle

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 12:53:22 PM »
Revenge leads to the Dark Side. The Dark Side leads to having feelings and love. Feelings and love leads to disappointment. Disappointment leads to revenge. You see where I'm going with this?

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 12:55:14 PM »
Disney World?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 12:56:01 PM »
Revenge leads to the Dark Side. The Dark Side leads to having feelings and love. Feelings and love leads to disappointment. Disappointment leads to revenge. You see where I'm going with this?

even im not that cynical ;)

Disney World?

that would be disappointing
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 01:05:20 PM »
I love Transformers. I love Doctor Who. I'm not an Atheist.

Two outta three ain't bad, right?

Welcome aboard!

Offline universal_kalle

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 01:08:21 PM »
Two outta three ain't bad, right?
Almost the title of a great Meat Loaf song from his first Bat Out of Hell record. :D

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 01:15:53 PM »
Blast, beaten to the punch on the picture of the cake with pies baked inside it.

I must now resort to one of these new emoticons, which I think all look like ticks.

:o
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline elv

• Friends
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2011, 05:57:06 PM »
welcome dude
damn unread messages is going up quicker than I can read! stop typing posts!

laters elv

Offline Yyan

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2011, 05:52:21 PM »
What about a cake-filled pie? ;)